Search results for query: *

1. Tenputt

Where is your game?

Coming into mid-April, when most should be able to be out playing, what is the current state of your game?
  2. Tenputt

Nirvana?

I don’t know how many times I can look back and say that I really like every single club currently in my bag. I feel confident with any one of them in my hands. No, that doesn’t mean that every shot is good, far from it. However, I am not doubting when I am standing over the ball. Plus, I...
  3. Tenputt

Which driver would you prefer?

Driver 1: 101 club speed, 148 ball speed, 1.46 smash factor Driver 2: 105 club speed, 150 ball speed, 1.43 smash factor Spin is unknown. Assume fairly equivalent dispersion.
  4. Tenputt

Copper Rock Golf Course in Hurricane, UT

This course opened a few years ago. It is located in the St. George, Utah area, and hosts and LPGA event, as well as the LPGA Senior Championship this year. Who has played it? What are your thoughts?
  5. Tenputt

Eye Focus

What does your eye focus on during your swing, as you deliver the club head? I have to admit that my eye usually is not focused on the ball. My mind thinks about a swing thought or the target. It makes me wonder if I am missing something.
  6. Tenputt

What is your driver setup for ‘24

Let’s hear it. Head (brand, model and loft), shaft, and adjustments to loft and lie, if any…
  7. Tenputt

One tip to increase swing speed

You walk up to somebody hitting on the range. He stops you and asks, “Give me your best tip for increasing swing speed.” You don’t get to watch his swing. You simply have to give your very best tip or thought. What is it?
  8. Tenputt

What makes a great course for a THP experience?

There are so many fantastic golf courses. I am curious about things that have stood out to participants about the many courses that have hosted THP experiences.
  9. Tenputt

Why Tensei Blue

It seems like Tensei Blue is a common stock shaft offered by the OEMs. For some reason, it has never worked for me. It may be in my head, probably is, but I don’t deliver the club consistently with it. Why is it so common? Cost? Availability? It fits a broad spectrum of golfers? Just curious…
  10. Tenputt

Shipping Equipment

If this has been covered in the recent past, my apologies. For those of you who sell your used equipment, which of the major shippers do you prefer and why?
  11. Tenputt

What new driver heads have you hit?

I am not asking for which one is best for you. I am just curious what heads various forum members have hit. So far, I have hit: TSR3 (not newly released, but still the current offering from Titleist) DarkSpeed X DarkSpeed LS Qi10 LS Qi10 Tomorrow, I will have a chance to hit a Paradym Ai...
  12. Tenputt

At what point in a new year do you typically start playing good golf?

For those of you who have a winter layoff, at what point do you normally find your groove?
  13. Tenputt

How Frequently do you Double Bogey?

I was listening to a podcast today where they said that a scratch golfer makes double bogey .7 holes per 18 hole round. In contrast, a 20 index makes double bogey or worse 6.6 holes per 18 hole round. That is an amazing contrast and it seems like many of those double bogeys or worse could be...
  14. Tenputt

Do you think that OEM’s driver offerings have a sound/feel that you relate to that brand?

This probably has been discussed many times, but when I hit a Cobra DARKSPEED driver today, I thought to myself, “That feels like a Cobra.” I know that there is always talk about Pings sounding louder in most releases, but in general, do you all think that brands have a feel/sound that is...
  15. Tenputt

Myths that stymie our play?

I was listening to a podcast this morning whose topic focused on ”myths” that inhibit us from playing our best golf. One of the discussion points was laying up to a specific distance, say 100 yards on a par 5. The commentators contended that Arccos statistics say that absent a layup to avoid a...
  16. Tenputt

What is the most important aspect of a putter to you?

Shape? Feel? Brand? Length/lie? Neck? Why?
  17. Tenputt

What are your deadly mistakes?

Along with golf, I have an addiction to fly fishing. I was listening to a podcast about the mistakes that anglers make, that hold them back from improving their success rate. It got me to thinking about it with respect to golf. What are some of the recurring mistakes that we can observe...
  18. Tenputt

Ok, blind, purchase… Which ‘24 Driver are you purchasing?

We now have seen the great THP write ups, the YouTube videos and all of the other information on most, if not all, of the new driver releases. Just for fun, with no opportunity to hit them, no fitting, etc., if somebody gave you the money to blind purchase one of the new drivers, but you had to...
  19. Tenputt

Watch those setups

We hear it all the time. We know it, but we let it happen to us. Since the golf season ended, I have been hitting indoors on TrackMan. My ball striking has been fairly poor. The strikes do not feel pure as often as they should. The efficiency has been down. I was putting on my putting mat...
  20. Tenputt

Do You Believe that your Scoring Potential is the Same with any OEM’s Clubs?

Assume any of the top OEM’s club offerings, including, but not limited to Callaway, Titleist, TaylorMade, Ping, Cobra, Cleveland/Srixon, Mizuno and any other not named… Assume also that you could go be fit by an elite fitter, such as Ian Fraser, of Club Champion. With a full bag setup that is...
Back