Search results for query: *

1. slimjim32

Whoop Fitness Band

Has anyone seen or used one of these? I have read articles that Justin Thomas, Xander, Rory have been seen wearing them, as well as read/seen many other athletes wearing them. I’m pondering hard on getting one as I’m doing my best to make fitness a routine of mine this year..
  2. slimjim32

Fairway/tee shot stats

Do you keep track of fairways hit? If you do, do you only count if you are in the short grass? I keep track of fairways, but there are many times that I will count a fairway as hit if I am just off the fairway with a wide open view toward the green and the ball isn’t sitting down in the grass...
  3. slimjim32

What putting mirror?

What putting mirror do you use? Eyeline, PuttOut, Visio, something else? Do you use it indoors, outdoors, both?
  4. slimjim32

Titleist AVX

I can’t seem to find the thread on the app.. I heard today that Titleist has made some changes to the AVX ball. They have added more spin to this new iteration. Curious if this will have more people try it, or people go back to it? Me personally, I didn’t like how soft the ball felt so I most...
  5. slimjim32

How do you vise?

For those that do their own club work at home, do you use a club specific vise or just use the rubber block inserted in to a workbench vise? Would you recommend one over the other?
  6. slimjim32

Driving Iron

For those that have a driving iron, how do you have it made? Do you have a graphite shaft, or a steel shaft? What length do you play it at? If steel shaft, do you have it setup similar to your irons? If a graphite shaft, do you have it setup similar to your woods? I’m thinking about replacing...
  7. slimjim32

Sole of shoe peeling

The front left corner of my right shoe is starting to peel away. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations to reattach the sole? I have used super glue on past shoes before and it didn’t hold up very well, so I’m wondering if there is a different material to use or something you all have used...
  8. slimjim32

Iron Lofts

I’m not sure if this is the right place, if not please move.. For those of you that dive this deep into your irons, what do you base your lofts off of? Do you start with your highest wedge then try to make adjustments to your PW up, or do you set your PW loft then go up from there and pick a...
  9. slimjim32

Wedge switch

Who has made the switch from the standard set PW to a specialty wedge, like a 46* or 48*? For those of you that have, did you go back to your set's PW or are you still rocking the 46/48? Was there a major change in playing characteristics that you had to get use to (significantly shorter, more...
  10. slimjim32

Trunk Organizer

Does anybody use one of these? I have a pelican case that I am thinking about converting to use in the back of my rig as a storage device for my golf gear...extra golf balls, hats, tees, etc....just curious if those that use one feel it is truly necessary or if it is just kind of there.
  11. slimjim32

Wedge setup

What is your wedge setup and why? Are you set with what you have, or are you thinking of making a change or two? I play 3 wedges, 52*, 56*, 60*. I play the 52 from 80/90-115/120. I play my 56 from 80 down to chipping. And my 60 is really just a specialty club for me. I use it out of the bunker...
  12. slimjim32

Repeatable stroke

Other than continued and repeated practice, what are some drills or training aids you have used to help create a repeatable putting stroke? My stroke is all over the place, and I would like to fix that.
  13. slimjim32

Time to get good

It is time. I am going to be making a concerted effort to get as good as I can at this game. It will be hard and it will be humbling, but I know I have the necessary skills to be able to do this. I had one big goal for this year which was to become a single digit handicap, and I achieved it...
  14. slimjim32

Ever received a lifetime ban?

I saw this while scrolling through the inter webs. Could you imaging receiving a lifetime ban?
  15. slimjim32

Portland OR Golf

It's been so long since I have played golf in Portland, like 5+ years. I'm heading back up for leave here soon, and am looking to play a round or two (ok, maybe more). If any THPers want to or are able to join up, great. But my main focus for this thread is to find out how the courses are...
  16. slimjim32

Whose responsibility?

Another thread got me thinking. Who is responsible for growing the game of golf? Is it the tour pros, the local PGA Professional, the competitive amateur, the everyday player or someone else? I think the everyday player plays a very vital role in growing the game/helping get people interested...
  17. slimjim32

Golfing family members

Anybody have family members that were good at the game of golf? My grandfather was probably the best short game player I’ve seen, and played very well back in the day. He set a couple course records in college and was elected into the University of Oregon’s golf hall of fame. The first...
  18. slimjim32

What amazes you?

What about the game of golf amazes you? Either in a technical aspect, a gear aspect, the science involved.... I think one of the main things that amazes me about this game is how one tiny, minute change can have bigger consequences. Taking the club back even a millimeter off from your norm, can...
  19. slimjim32

Callaway Tour Authentic Glove

Got to play with this glove today. While the size of the glove was a little loose for my liking, this thing feels great. I like my golf glove to feel a little snug, and with a little smaller size I would definitely game this glove. Callaway has made a glove that can easily compete with the FJ...
  20. slimjim32

NEW Arccos Grips

I know there is an Arccos thread, but I thought this would be better placed on its own so as to not get lost within the post. I got an email from Arccos today saying they now offer Lamkin and Golf Pride smart grips. I recall hearing people wish they offered the grips in other manufacturers or...
Back