What putting mirror?

slimjim32

Reaction score
Handicap
What putting mirror do you use? Eyeline, PuttOut, Visio, something else?

Do you use it indoors, outdoors, both?

Steve Elkington. The Original :drinks:

Visio. I use it outside. I haven’t bought an indoor putting mat yet.

Eyeline Classic. Have used it only indoors so far.

PuttOut.

Worth the price, the versatility is unparalleled in putting mirrors, I have about 5 different ones for my HS team and this is head and shoulders above the rest.

This is one thing I am thinking about purchasing. Interest in follow the convo here.

PuttOut.

Worth the price, the versatility is unparalleled in putting mirrors, I have about 5 different ones for my HS team and this is head and shoulders above the rest.
HaHa-was just about to let @slimjim32 about your review and recent bump. I'm pretty sure the PuttOut is my next golf purchase. Thanks @Jman

Happy to help!
Well help me understand the purpose of a putting mirror. I have the perfect putt by Puttout... What will a mirror help with... Should I get one that helps with swing path as well saw one of those advertised on IG this week.

Well help me understand the purpose of a putting mirror. I have the perfect putt by Puttout... What will a mirror help with... Should I get one that helps with swing path as well saw one of those advertised on IG this week.
The PuttOut can do that too with it’s magnetic guides.

Putting mirrors promote and ensure proper eye position, for me it’s off the heel, for many it’s over the ball.

How do I determine the proper position

PuttOut.

All the mirrors that I see pictures of look as if they sit relatively high (in relation to where the putter usually would rest). You haven’t had or found any negatives with that? What about starting with the putter on the mirror instead of off the back (resting on the putting surface)?

All the mirrors that I see pictures of look as if they sit relatively high (in relation to where the putter usually would rest). You haven’t had or found any negatives with that? What about starting with the putter on the mirror instead of off the back (resting on the putting surface)?
No issues. It’s a mental thing for some that it’s a fraction of an inch above the surface, but it can actually help with putting a slightly ascending stroke on the putt, thus improving the roll.

No issues. It’s a mental thing for some that it’s a fraction of an inch above the surfa

Having not tried a putting mirror, I feel like I fall into the mental camp...I just feel like it would have to be very slim for it to work for me. Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and buy into that they don’t mess with the normal putting stroke

the puttout mirror has a rubber outer edge that sits higher than the mirror. the section around where the ball sits can be cut out fairly easily. also the "teeth" on the bottom make the whole thing sit a bit higher on a firm surface

Having not tried a putting mirror, I feel like I fall into the mental camp...I just feel like it would have to be very slim for it to work for me. Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and buy into that they don’t mess with the normal putting stroke

I thought the same thing, but if you ever seen the coin drill which helps you hit the ball above the equator to promote a faster forward roll, it's the same concept with the mirror. I don't see the need for some of these high dollar ones as they are going to get scratched up with use. The $20 ones are just fine. I got this one and it's worked fine.

I'm with JMan on the PuttOut. Although I had been using a traditional mirror for alignment, I was initially unable to discern that my putting stroke was coming way too far to the inside, so even with a square face at impact, I was consistently rolling a push-draw. And, if I wasn't able to maintain my forward-press through the forward stroke, I'd just end up pulling the ball.

IMO, the PuttOut Mirror with gates are the best purchase I have ever made in developing a consistent stroke. Granted, using the assistance of a qualified coach will only further emphasize the improvement, but I am now able to work at home with my address, weight placement, body position, all before even attempting the stroke. The "bumpers" which may be placed at either side of the mirror (which are also magnetic, and have specific positions), will help to ingrain a "straight-back, straight through" putting stroke (if that's what you're looking for). The lines on the mirror will also add as a visual aid to the stroke technique. And finally, I've found that the gate is a phenomenal tool in developing a consistent, square face at impact.

Personally, I found this to be both very addictive and VERY frustrating initially. I thought I had a good putting stroke, but this tool changed everything for me. I've honestly been using the tool nearly 5 days each week since I purchased it in early December.

Hope that helps,

Bishop

Back