Search results for query: *

1. leftshot

League Play - How Are You Doing?

Most leagues have been underway for a few weeks now. How are you or your team doing and how is the league going?
  2. leftshot

Technology Meets The Driving Range

Driving Range Wars Check out the link. What’s your reaction? I’m excited and can’t wait for something like this at a range near me. Interestingly, the featured course used to be in my backyard and the course architect was a good friend of mine Brad Benz. He built courses on 5 continents.
  3. leftshot

Let's Talk Swing Weight!

A mystery to many of us, this video gives a few basics on why you want to pay attention to swing weight and how much difference it can make to have the right or wrong swing weight for your swing. While the demonstration is with the driver, please note what is stated about swing weight and the...
  4. leftshot

When I Use My Fairway Metal Off the Turf…

Inspired from another thread on how people use their fairway metal. This one is to get an idea of the results most of us get when using the fairway metal off the deck.
  5. leftshot

How Do You Use Your Fairway Metal?

Golf Digest mined this information from Arccos. Using data from Ping fittings they "discovered that players who average 300 yards or more with their driver use their 3-wood 90 percent of the time off the tee and only 10 percent of the time from the fairway. Conversely, golfers with an average...
  6. leftshot

First Round of 2024

For those of you living where the weather is severe enough to have a offseason, what's your best guess as to when you'll play your first round in 2024? (Simulator rounds excluded.) When you actually play, come back and self-report how the round went and how your actual date compared to your...
  7. leftshot

Who is #2?

Over the last 30 years of professional golf I doubt many would argue against Tiger Woods as the #1 player during that time. But who is #2? I think a case can be made for Bernhard Langer. What say you?
  8. leftshot

Frozen Divots

I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to stuff going on during the off season that doesn’t fit neatly into another thread. Could be golf-related or not.
  9. leftshot

Most Incredible Hole-In-One

Tell us the most incredible hole-in-one you have seen.
  10. leftshot

Longest Time Playing

The longest continuous time on the course. Could be an especially slow round. Could be playing multiple rounds back-to-back. Could be some kind of on-course fundraiser. You get to pick. How long and what was it?
  11. leftshot

Your First Round

Tell us something amusing about your first round of golf. I was reminded of this last week when a friend I taught had his first round in a fundraiser tournament. As it turned out, the two other players that were supposed to be in our foursome scratched at the last minute. As a result, it was...
  12. leftshot

Your Worst Pace of Play Story

While we value honesty, let's make it entertaining to read as well...go!
  13. leftshot

Approach Shots: Direction or Distance?

The accuracy of our approach shots is key to GIR and lower scores. So, where are you at currently? Struggling primarily with direction or distance on your approach shots? What is your analysis and how are you going to try to get better?
  14. leftshot

Predicting When THP Will Reach 9,000,000 Posts

Let's have a little fun. Predict the day and time THP forums will eclipse 9,000,000 posts.
  15. leftshot

Your Worthy Adversary

Describe the hole that you have the most difficulty scoring well on, and why it gets you.
  16. leftshot

The Last Hole You Played

Let's have some fun and help THP reach the 9 million goal at the same time. One-word answer. Relative to par what did you score on the last hole you played? Play another 9 or 18-hole round and post again.
  17. leftshot

Selecting Your Wedges

Michael Breed had a very thought-provoking workshop on selecting how many wedges and with what specs. in yesterday's A New Breed of Golf - Wedge Workshop. Feel free to watch and then we can have some good discussion on this topic.
  18. leftshot

Poll: Handicap Averages

@Pops posted a thread wondering how THPers stack up against the USGA's average handicap of 14. So, I'm posting this poll to pair with that discussion as an easier way to calculate where we stand. If you gave a number as a post in @Pops thread, please also answer the poll here. As of August...
  19. leftshot

Left handed Player Golf Jokes

Just like the title says. Can be in support of us or at our expense. Go!
  20. leftshot

The Highlight of Your Golfing Career

As the thread name implies, tell us the best highlight from your time golfing. Could be an accomplishment, a special experience or trip. You get to pick.
Back