Search results for query: *

1. tdinbr

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

I found what looked to be a somewhat expensive ankle/foot brace thing in the parking lot of my club yesterday afternoon. Turned it into the pro shop when I checked in for the round. Also found a 60 degree Cleveland wedge on the side of the 17th green that was left by the group in front of us...
  2. tdinbr

Tell Me About Your Wrists Before Impact

Only speaking for myself, I try to hold off on my release until after impact. I was a bad caster of the club when first learning to play, so I had to retrain my brain to learn to not keep doing it.
  3. tdinbr

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Matty Boom Boom.....like a baus! For me, I'm playing for bogey if I hit a wayward tee shot or I miss the GIR. Doubles are bad, but bogeys are perfectly fine for me as a 10 handicap
  4. tdinbr

CaddyDaddy Claw Max Glove Review

Played Saturday afternoon and the heat and humidity of south Louisiana is starting to kick in for the summer. My playing partner uses Kirkland gloves, and was rotating thru 4 pairs all afternoon. Meanwhile, my Claw Pro always stayed dry and ready for action. Love The Claw!
  5. tdinbr

Fade only club

Putting all my Ping hybrids into the flat setting has taken out all the fear of duck hooks for me. Ball goes where I want it to now for a change! Unfortunately, there is no flat setting for my irons....
  6. tdinbr

Any equipment change pondering/experimenting going on?

Just bought a Ping G425 3 hybrid from Callaway Preowned and trading in my Epic Flash Heavenwood for it. I hit these hybrids so much better than I do fairway woods, so it was time to make the change.
  7. tdinbr

Anyone gone from hybrids back to irons?

I play 3, 4, 5 and 6 Ping hybrids and love them. My iron set came 4-PW but I always struggled big time hitting anything over a 6 iron and I came to despise looking down at them at address due to all my mishits. For those that have issues with hybrids always going left for them, have you ever...
  8. tdinbr

What Golf Stuff Helped You The Most (starting out)?

2 hula hoops and 12 firm plastic golf whiffle balls for backyard practice have done more for my short game than anything else I have tried. Cost is less than $20. I try to use them every day, weather permitting. I place them about 15 steps apart, which is the max distance I have in my fenced in...
  9. tdinbr

When was your last shank?

2 on the range before my round yesterday. Thankfully none during my round!
  10. tdinbr

The Q at Myrtle Beach.

I was really looking forward to watching this video. I fell asleep twice while watching it......
  11. tdinbr

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

A few years ago while on vacation in Pensacola, I played with my uncle and cousins at the Air Force base course. It was the day after a small hurricane passed by off the coast, but it was the only chance we were going to have to play a round that week. 3-4 club wind and a stinging, sideways...
  12. tdinbr

what's the last thing you lost at the course?

I lost a 3W head cover about a year ago, so its been a while. I did find one of these things yesterday, in the fairway right off the cart path. Was hard to miss. Turned it in to the cart guys at the turn.
  13. tdinbr

Really random: which pocket?

I use The Claw gloves. Nothing can destroy them!! Besides, its only in my front pocket while I'm on the putting green, and I don't keep anything else in my front right pocket.
  14. tdinbr

How much difference do your fitted clubs actually make?

Lie angle was the big eye opener for me when I got fitted. With my swing, I was at 2 degrees up, and the irons I had were 1 down. Made all the difference in the world when it came to learning how to hit the center of the face consistently.
  15. tdinbr

Really random: which pocket?

Front right pocket for me, always has been, no idea why. I don't like anything in my back pockets when I play for some reason, I guess that's just the psychopath in me?
  16. tdinbr

Accepted into the LSU Graduate School of Banking

Congrats from a fellow LSU grad! Geaux Tigers!!!
  17. tdinbr

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

I've tried replacing them a few times in the last couple of years, but I always seem to go back to them after a few bad rounds with anything new. Old dogs > new tricks
  18. tdinbr

Oldest Club In Your Bag?

If you can find them, I'm more than willing to buy from you. Take my money, please!
Back