Search results for query: *

1. paulthewitt

Happy New Year!!

Happy New year to everyone. Couldnt find a thread on this already, so i am guessing you arent in 2010 yet. Its 1.08am here in England. Anyway. Hope you had a good one.....and that 2010 will be better than 2009 for everyone...
  2. paulthewitt

Evolver tip problems - help appreciated

Hi there i have an evolver driver - 10.5 head. i Have been having no end of trouble trying to get a shaft to stay in one of the evolver tips. It is the "old" tip...not the CYG one, but is a brand new one. The shaft is a Graman UL440. With this combination i absolutley bomb it. HOWEVER the...
  3. paulthewitt

watch the open

I am guessing you have something similar to this....but in case you dont. We have BBC iplayer over here in the UK so we can catch up on all the programs we miss cos all the good ones are on when we are out! BBC iPlayer - Home thats the link.....there is the full coverage on there for those...
  4. paulthewitt

Ryo Ishikawa trousers....what are they

OK....i have had a peek on fairway styles and cannot find these. I LOVE the trousers Ryo Ishikawa is/was wearing. Anybody know what they are?? His shirt is a yonex one as far as i can tell so hopefully that is a separate item (yonex reinds me of badminton...not golf! lol child hood memories)
  5. paulthewitt

Greenside spin

Ok, here is my problem.... when i am near the green i just cannot generate the spin needed to make that blasted white ball stop!!! thy hit the green then just roll on like there was no spin at all. I know the theory, and have no problems with this with full shots. Only less than full shots...
  6. paulthewitt

For the fans of cavity irons...proof the tour players are with you!?

I know that many people on this site are huge believers that really, there is no reason for most people to be playing blades. But that most people should be using some form of cavity back with at least a little forgiveness. Well it appears that the pro tour agrees, according to this link 70% of...
  7. paulthewitt

tip size in the 4dx fairways

Hi there Please could you tell me the tip size for putting a new shaft in the 4dx fairway woods please....i am guessing it is .335?? thanks very much Paul
  8. paulthewitt

Callaway HX Hot Bite and others

I am currently gaming the NXT tour, but cant help that feel there is a beter ball for me out there somewhere. If i am honest i want a ball like a Pro V1 (or tp red ldp, Tour i, One Tour, etc...) something with lots of spin! However, i am cheap....and not good enough yet, i will lose too many to...
  9. paulthewitt

4dx IronWood shafts

Hi there I have the 4dx hybrids #1,#2, and #3. All with the UST SR3 shaft in stiff. Please could you tell me the specs of this shaft, cant seem to find it (weight, flex point, etc...) Also, i am considering putting in and aftermarket shaft. Are there any you wood recommend? (it seems you have...
  10. paulthewitt

Evolver shafts...differences

I have been asking this question elsewhere on the site as can be seen here: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583 from this i basically have 2 questions that i would be grateful if you could answer, as i am looking primarily at getting the evolver driver now: 1) The...
  11. paulthewitt

How the shaft affects ball flight

Ok, my problem is this: I hit the driver quite low, so at a fitting session it was recommended that i use a 10.5* driver with a high kickpoint shaft....like an aldila NV. However, The course i play at is often windy so the lower flight of my 9.5* driver is desirable there. I was looking at...
  12. paulthewitt

United Kingdom - Where's the love?

Figured i should do a seperate thread... I live in England and i am sure i am not alone in knowing how good Nickent stuff seems to be....However, we have to scratch around fleabay or hoping to win competitions on here if we are to get any of your products as according to your website (and...
  13. paulthewitt

Evolver driver

I was wondering if the evolver driver can be set up to a slight draw bias....i am going through a phase of slicing it off the tee....but often hit it dead straight too. So only need a small amount. also, any chance it will be released with a Special Edition coloured head....that thing is...
  14. paulthewitt

Hi there from England

Just checking in to say there. Was on the web the other day looking at Nickent products and came across this place. Seems like there are a number of nickent lovers here...i currently own a 4dx #3 ironwood....love it. Problem is - Nickent dont officially sell in the uk, or i cant find a dealer...
Back