Search results for query: *

1. RayG

Time test TE Customer Service

An update to the situation. Yesterday, I went to the site and started a chat to make sure they received the club and what any timeline might be. "Oh, you should have it back on Friday, tracking info will be available tomorrow..." (today, Thursday) Oh, can I ask what the problem was? "It...
  2. RayG

PGA ratings grab?

Whatever...
  3. RayG

PGA ratings grab?

With all the talk about TV ratings dropping like a stone, do you suppose the PGA has given exemptions to the LIV folks (who aren't already qualified) to try and generate some interest? Especially Talor Gooch who has a way of inserting his foot firmly in his mouth at time.
  4. RayG

What are the results of irons that are 2 deg flat

You don't have to go through the expense of having clubs bent to 'standard' (or whatever). Just spend thousands on new lessons on how to play with your hands lower at address and change your swing to match the lie angle... Easy, really... :p
  5. RayG

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

Another factor involved is property tax rates and how various properties are assessed. A Private course in middle of nowhere, America is not going to pay nearly what a club on Long Island would pay. that gets passed on a costs to run the club. Assessments that the club dishes out every year add...
  6. RayG

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

VAST difference between a semi-private and Private. Location, Supply & Demand lead to what it costs. If you are within sniffing distance of NYC, there is no shot at getting "membership" for 900-1600 a year. You'd be lucky to pay that for a month, PLUS a ridiculous initiation and 'grill' tabs...
  7. RayG

Egg on Burger?

Absotively.... It is a reason to have a burger (at a diner of course) for breakfast. And even better on a toasted English Muffin. Also- If you've been to Hawaii and NOT have had Loco Moco, then you are an infidel.
  8. RayG

Telling people what you do for work.

I used to tell people: "You know those drawings that come with your new TV? I draw those". Until fewer and fewer people even knew what I was talking about. Plus, they stopped putting those drawings in at all. Now, I tell them: "I manage the Engineering Design Software for <major network>..."
  9. RayG

How fancy are you?

I will suit up for the occasional wedding, funeral, etc... But I haven't worn 'dress shoes' since my wedding. I don't do 'shoes', per se. I have a large collection of various styles of Vans and wear one of those. I even have a Tuxedo with a houndstooth pattern vest and tie that matches one...
  10. RayG

Sent off the driver this AM. If I may, I will recount part of the conversation and the Rep's reply as I thought it was funny. Well, not 'funny', funny but a case of 'boy, I'm old...' While talking on the phone with him I mentioned it made an odd noise: "...like an old Sasquatch Driver with a...
  11. RayG

Would you ever take driver out of the bag pending the course you are playing?

Not literally for a specific course, but I have just not used one and went with 3W or 2I off the tee. And there have been plenty of times I should have.
  12. RayG

Job applications, cover letters and AI

Was that at a dictionary printing shop?
  13. RayG

As it happens, I got no response back because they never received the email in the first place. OR the second one I sent after doing an online chat with a Rep, who then called me personally to get the scoop. Once I used my work email and not my outlook account, they got it. Anyway- Mike was...
  14. RayG

Private Club Feature or Bug?

It isn't just 'swanky' clubs here... Play a few links type courses in the UK/Ireland and you can get lost almost immediately if you are not with a local. No cart paths to follow, etc... I got lost after the third hole at Royal County Down. Green is in a little bowl and there is no clear...
  15. RayG

Matching Golf Maker with Equipment Maker

I would assume drivers/balls are tested with that companies equipment. They are tuned to match, I'm sure. Which may explain why each manufacturer can claim "our ball is longer/faster/etc...". And why 'testers' get differing results with each.
  16. RayG

ummm... for those that may have contacted TE initially through an email, how long did it take to respond to your inquiry?
  17. RayG

Job applications, cover letters and AI

Using AI shouldn't be the end all and be all. Use it to generate an outline, then edit to fit your personality. Especially when you know that 20% of AI generated material is false/wrong. And there ARE AI programs that can be used to find if something is AI generated (a vicious circle, right?)...
  18. RayG

Back Issues and Golf

Broke my back when I was about 12 (63 now). It isn't a substantial issue so much anymore, but it does have some influence- my rotational ability is a bit hindered, so I can't always get everything out of my swing, but I learned to adjust. And the other is I know when the weather is going to...
  19. RayG

Responses are encouraging! I will call tomorrow AM, since on a Sunday with other plans, it will be easier to talk. I also remembered my loupe is at work anyway.
  20. RayG

Time to test TE Customer Service

Ooos- sorry for the double post- Admins can fix if needed
Back