Search results for query: *

1. InTheRough

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Went to the range. Hit a large bucket. Brought the old wedges with me because I'm going back to 50, 54, 58. I don't like the 52, 56, 60 - I can't seem to get the right feel. Well, they're the Cobra snakebite OL, which actually are the correct swingweight. My old wedges are like sledgehammers (D9...
  2. InTheRough

Thinking about a Tesla

It looks like I can see myself in a Buick sometime before 2030.
  3. InTheRough

Club add/drop recommendations please

I also play Cobras... mostly. I dumped my 3W because I can't hit it off the deck worth a damn. I go with the 5W, 7W now. I'm a hybrid player. I have my 4H adjusted to 23.5 degrees which is nearly the same as the Cobra 5H (24 deg). I also play a 5H (26 deg) instead of a 6i. Now why would I do...
  4. InTheRough

Best Approach Angle

Considering that I can pop one a little right, I want the wide target.
  5. InTheRough

Really Good Range Session Question

It's just a bucket. You hit all the balls and when it's empty, the session is over. Go putt. No shot in that bucket is worth more than any other shot.
  6. InTheRough

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Q-Star Tour... I'm slowing down. I may need to go to a distance ball.
  7. InTheRough

High Handicaps and Birdies: Your Reaction

Given the golfers I play with on a weekly basis which are a random selection, I consider 18 to be a mid-handicap golfer. I have a 16-17 HC among women. This translates to 23 if converted to men's, and I can string together four and five hole runs w/o a bogey. And then comes the triple. That...
  8. InTheRough

First bucket is a disaster.. What’s your next move?

It doesn't matter if the bucket was good or bad. When the bucket is empty, it's over. Done. Time to go to the putting green.
  9. InTheRough

What’s The Minimum Amount Of Time You Need To Practice?

The first three or four holes. Those are practice holes. After that I'm good.
  10. InTheRough

Well, this is sobering……

This is only among the 3 million golfers who keep a handicap. There are another 20 million golfers in the USA who don't. These stats from the USGA are essentially like surveys from people who respond to surveys. I have about a 17 HC (equiv to a 23 mens) and played in a foursome yesterday. One...
  11. InTheRough

The 60 and over Thread

Finally played 9 today and got sticker shock on green fees. Senior rate went way up. $42 for 9 holes with a cart. This is ridiculous. It's like this all over. New clubs cost way too much. Lessons cost way too much. And now green fees cost way too much. I need to find a new hobby or find a goat...
  12. InTheRough

What did you shoot today?

...fees gone up. Three years ago it cost $38 for 18 holes w/ a cart for Senior Rate. Today it was $42 for 9 holes Senior rate with a cart. That's ******* bonkers. I guess this is one way to discourage people from playing and open tee times. Oh, I did manage to break 50 with a 49. I had...
  13. InTheRough

I finally made it to the golf course. And have green fees gone up. Yikes!
  14. InTheRough

Total distance question

That was direct from Srixon. If you buy direct from Takomo you can get a set for even less.
  15. InTheRough

Total distance question

When I get a new set, I'm just going to tell them to order single irons: 7, 8, 9, P, G. No longer do you get any kind of discount for buying a "set" anyway. With irons costing $170+ ea nowadays, why pay for two clubs I'm never going to use? That money could go toward a new hybrid or 9W when the...
  16. InTheRough

I made tee time reservations for Friday. Yay. My first round this year! We'll see how the knee does. I'm probably going to play like dog poo, but who cares? It's supposed to be in the low 80s.
  17. InTheRough

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

It's more like what I've lost on the golf course.
  18. InTheRough

Back Issues and Golf

I'm 71. Of course I have back issues. I can't use a short putter because it hurts to bend over that far and practice putting for more than 5 minutes. Even if they were to ban the broomstick putter I'd continue to use one. I won't keep an official HC.
  19. InTheRough

When was your last shank?

Last wk at the driving range. The shot after a shank is the most difficult shot in golf.
  20. InTheRough

How Strong Is Your Grip?

Neutral.
Back