EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Don't worry about the stated loft on the club. I bet distance wise they gap well. The darkspeeds will launch higher relatively to their stronger stated lofts. And the snakebites lower.
But but loft jacking!

Going to hit up Carl's Golfland again on Saturday to (hopefully) finalize my bag. Going to finally hit the OL irons and see if that's a go. Also debating what to do at the top of the bag with fairways and hybrids. This past year, I've been real confident with my 4h and zero confidence in my 3W. Curious to see what I discover with the longer clubs. Might look into going up to a 3h.

Don't worry about the stated loft on the club. I bet distance wise they gap well. The darkspeeds will launch higher relatively to their stronger stated lofts. And the snakebites lower.

Ahh yes good point 👍

I went 2° weak in my AJs and the distance loss is minimal, +/- 5ish yds. I picked slightly more carry going that way.

Thought about this as well. I know Cobra has already thought all of this out. I was just thinking out loud.

So 2024 Morgan Cuppers, has anyone come across any surprises as you get some time in/get fitted for the Cobra lineup? Something that is going to go in the bag that you did not expect? Something you thought you would game but isn’t quite the right fit?

Like how good the 3D putters look in hand. And even more-so after the plastic is removed!
The Stingray-30 was my biggest surprise. I was all set to go with the Agera-30 but I hadn’t tried the Stingray. Tried it so I could say I tried everything and it kicked ass. Felt like I could make everything with it.

The other thing that happened in my fitting was I found out OL wasn’t for me. I actually hit the 9&P shorter than the VL and since I don’t play long irons and don’t struggle with irons in general anymore there wasn’t any real benefit to going OL.

Thought about this as well. I know Cobra has already thought all of this out. I was just thinking out loud.
I wanted more height from irons so distance was a secondary consideration. Going 2 weak, I got what I wanted with the benefit of a bit more carry. The clubs gap well for me and, if I wanted to go a degree stronger at this point, they’d gap well, too.

So 2024 Morgan Cuppers, has anyone come across any surprises as you get some time in/get fitted for the Cobra lineup? Something that is going to go in the bag that you did not expect? Something you thought you would game but isn’t quite the right fit?

Like how good the 3D putters look in hand. And even more-so after the plastic is removed!
I was pleseantly surprised with how easy it was to hit all of the LS models. Thats what I wanted in my heart, but my head was prepared to go all X. The LS at least for me didn’t really lose any accuracy or forgiveness for me so that will be the way I go.

Another was the putters. I don’t know what I expected going into it, but they are actually pretty nice. Only thing is I wish the PEBAX was a touch firmer.

It was putter for me. I can’t mallet and a non plumbers neck has always been a dealbreaker.

While the Widesport is still a wide blade I’ve never played face balanced and was surprised how much I liked it. Something about it after rolling it a couple different times makes me want to give it a go.

Also, anyone else just browse the Puma sight day dreaming about what we might be getting? 😍
I might have a problem. I did get the volition celebration polo. It has a lot of red on it but I like it.

I would probably say putter. Going with a full mallet vs a mid mallet or blade.

I was pleseantly surprised with how easy it was to hit all of the LS models. Thats what I wanted in my heart, but my head was prepared to go all X. The LS at least for me didn’t really lose any accuracy or forgiveness for me so that will be the way I go.

Another was the putters. I don’t know what I expected going into it, but they are actually pretty nice. Only thing is I wish the PEBAX was a touch firmer.
I wanted to love the LS but it just didn't work for me. I am really glad we had time to go hit things!

Something might have felt like it clicked with my putting recently.....will be interested to see how league goes tonight with it. but if so.... 👀

So if I go all DarkSpeed, I will have an issue at the top of the bag & at the bottom, more so at the bottom but still. The 4 iron is strong (18.5*), so to fill that gap the 3+W would be 13* that I can always loft up. The PW (42*) is where I have the issue. My next wedges in sequence would be the 48*, 52*, 56* to keep it similar to what I play now. So that leads to a 6* gap from the PW to the GW? The lowest Snakebite wedge is 48*. Even the DarkSpeed GW is only off that by 1/2* (47.5).

So I ask you guys .... what do I do with that gap? Which routes do I take? Should I just learn to hit the PW harder & the GW softer? HA! :ROFLMAO:
how often do you hit your GW and how often is it a full swing?

I might have a problem. I did get the volition celebration polo. It has a lot of red on it but I like it.
It's a great polo, and red is just a plus (just don't let @jdtox know).

how often do you hit your GW and how often is it a full swing?
A lot. One of my favorite clubs in the bag. Full, 3/4, pitches, chips, pitch & runs, etc

So if I go all DarkSpeed, I will have an issue at the top of the bag & at the bottom, more so at the bottom but still. The 4 iron is strong (18.5*), so to fill that gap the 3+W would be 13* that I can always loft up. The PW (42*) is where I have the issue. My next wedges in sequence would be the 48*, 52*, 56* to keep it similar to what I play now. So that leads to a 6* gap from the PW to the GW? The lowest Snakebite wedge is 48*. Even the DarkSpeed GW is only off that by 1/2* (47.5).

So I ask you guys .... what do I do with that gap? Which routes do I take? Should I just learn to hit the PW harder & the GW softer? HA! :ROFLMAO:
I currently play Aerojet VL 6-PW and then go to 48° & 52° SBX. The distance gap from AJ to SBX is pretty dead on 10m. And the same 10m from 48° to 52°. As stated before, they launch differently. But the SBX is a wonderful full swing club in addition to working well on partial shots.

I see no reason, why the switch from DS PW to SBX 48° would be a problem in distance gap.

A lot. One of my favorite clubs in the bag. Full, 3/4, pitches, chips, pitch & runs, etc
Could maybe go 1 strong on the GW? Or something you could dial in after you get it

For the GW spot I played the SBX and used it similar to you, all types of shots. Performed very very well and probably was my most used wedge. Lots of versatility.

For me, the biggest surprise was how automatic the counter balanced putter was. I also expected to fit into the Max driver, but the LS as a better fit for me, and much more forgiving that I expected it to be. More forgiving than my Ping 425 LST.

I'm really surprised I'm almost certainly going for the King Tours. I've played Amp Cell, Bio Cell, LTDx and Aerojet. Thought for sure I'd go Darkspeed. But King Tours were so nice to hit.

Just booked an iron fitting for Monday to make sure I'm set for the whole bag. Going to focus on Darkspeed vs. King Tour with graphite shafts.

image.jpg

Prep. I will have to upgrade some things here soon.

Thank god there is no car in there this time. Also may I suggest a bigger mat?
But just think of the extra cardio he is getting chasing down the mat and the golf ball after each hit.

Back