Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

well I need to try them out for sure. I plan to do so pretty soon, I'm still just enjoying the 923Tours for now. I'm curious more then anything, but I can't lie I could benefit from an extra 5 yards...so its worth a try really for me. I haven't had much problem regarding forgiveness with the Tours...so if the 243 is at least as forgiving as the Tours pretty close I don't see myself missing anything there.

I do love the feel of the Tours. I had the forged before, and I did NOT like the strong lofts at all, much prefer the Tours. But I know the 243-245 have tech in them to get the ball up in the air..probably with less spin, but at least up in the air...and its only 2 degrees stronger..which might be a nice compromise. When I moved from Forged to Tours, the higher lofts definitely improved my distance control and scoring without any question, but its also true that some of the distances dropped just a little lower then I would prefer especially up around 165-185..in that range I end up having to go a club longer then I want to...and probably I would score more accurately with getting just a bit more out of my 7i and 6i. Below that makes no difference I just play whatever club matches my distance and it works fine.
I’ve never liked the feel of the tours. They look nice but lack that Mizuno feel in my opinion

I only hit my 243’s one time before going to KBS to get the special shafts and they definitely packed a punch. We ended up weakening them 2* so my PW will be 46*. Hopefully I can hit them this weekend

These are incredible. I follow KBS on social and have been seeing a bunch of their custom builds they have built some jaw-dropping sets especially wedges add these to the list they look so good.
Yea wedge Wednesday is so cool!! Gotta stay away from the temptation of new wedges haha

My wife is from San Diego and we go back all the time. This time instead of golfing I decided I wanted to get fit at KBS so I know exactly what I should be playing…… and mainly bc I wanted custom blue shafts haha

I’ve never liked the feel of the tours. They look nice but lack that Mizuno feel in my opinion

that's interesting. I think the Tours feel incredible, but they are my first mizunos...so it's all relative i guess. I have definitely got to try the 243's. I'm not sure at all about whether I would weaken them or not.

Got a round in after work today. Man, I am in love with these irons. They feel so good when flushed and the ball seems to just explode off the face. I’m so excited to get back out again. Hit 9/18 GIR’s, which is solid for me. Looking to creep into those double digits and right now I have all the confidence in the world that these 243’s will get me there.

It also doesn’t hurt that they are very easy on the eyes.

I hit such a crispy 6 iron yesterday. 173 out uphill so I needed it to launch high and land soft. Great swing, nice compression, launched to the moon and ended 12 ft pin high left.

It's those shots right there that keep my motivation for improving ball striking so I can feel that Mizuno flushed iron feeling again and again.

Pop quiz hotshots. Did MtlJeff hit GIRs with a 4 iron to both of these par 3s yesterday with each measuring over 205 to the flag (one with forced water carry) with the MP241 blade?

Answer, yes...of course

Hitting the 241s is pure bliss baby. So fun

PXL_20240519_130840436.jpg
PXL_20240519_122001476.jpg

I am replacing my current 223/225 combo set with a full set of 243s for 2024. I have played the 223/225 combo for over two years and wanted something new for my birthday, so I decided to custom-build 5-GW 243s with Axiom 105s shafts. I can't wait to try them over the long weekend!

IMG_3305 Large.jpegIMG_3306 Large.jpegIMG_3307 Large.jpegIMG_3308 Large.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3309 Large.jpeg
    IMG_3309 Large.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 9
Over the past week or so I'm hitting the ball better than I have in over a year with irons. Good compression, path and face control has been mostly where I want it. I'm hitting some very nice shots. There is still no club in the world that feels as good as squaring up and flushing a Mizuno iron.

I am replacing my current 223/225 combo set with a full set of 243s for 2024. I have played the 223/225 combo for over two years and wanted something new for my birthday, so I decided to custom-build 5-GW 243s with Axiom 105s shafts. I can't wait to try them over the long weekend!

View attachment 9268861View attachment 9268862View attachment 9268863View attachment 9268864
Please, please, come back and tell us how you like this head/shaft combo after you play them this week.

I am currently in VERY HEAVY ponder mode on putting Axiom 105s in my 243's also.

Over the past week or so I'm hitting the ball better than I have in over a year with irons. Good compression, path and face control has been mostly where I want it. I'm hitting some very nice shots. There is still no club in the world that feels as good as squaring up and flushing a Mizuno iron.

Please, please, come back and tell us how you like this head/shaft combo after you play them this week.

I am currently in VERY HEAVY ponder mode on putting Axiom 105s in my 243's also.
Will do. I'm dragging through work and waiting for the weekend, lol.

First, let me say, Good Gosh I love my 245 irons.
Best clubs I have ever put in my bag -

Second, Mizuno doesn't do Blacked out Irons do they?
Don't think I could control myself if they came out with a Blacked out set of 245's
And if they came out in Blue? I couldn't never stop myself.

View attachment 9268861View attachment 9268862View attachment 9268863View attachment 9268864
I went ahead and ordered Axiom 105s for my 243's yesterday. I'll be doing black/red grips, black/red ferrules, and red paint fill for the bird.

I went ahead and ordered Axiom 105s for my 243's yesterday. I'll be doing black/red grips, black/red ferrules, and red paint fill for the bird.
Red paint fill for the Running Bird?
No You Cant GIF by NBC

That's gonna look goooooooooooooood

Perfect timing before Shaft Up :ROFLMAO:

First, let me say, Good Gosh I love my 245 irons.
Best clubs I have ever put in my bag -

Second, Mizuno doesn't do Blacked out Irons do they?
Don't think I could control myself if they came out with a Blacked out set of 245's
And if they came out in Blue? I couldn't never stop myself.
They do LE irons for sure- the Augusta irons were phenomenal, and I think if @texasranger2012 has anything to say about it, that trend will continue.

They did the blue 221's ahead of the Open last year- I'd guess we'll see more at some point in time this year.

Perfect timing before Shaft Up :ROFLMAO:
What can I say I love trying and talking about new stuff. I've been gaming the UST lineup since I got back into golf so I've been curious to venture out and try some other graphite iron options too! It should be fun and informative and hopefully, I'll be able to grab a few swings with you or Danny's DART V's to get some direct comparisons.

They do LE irons for sure- the Augusta irons were phenomenal, and I think if @texasranger2012 has anything to say about it, that trend will continue.

They did the blue 221's ahead of the Open last year- I'd guess we'll see more at some point in time this year.
You can get 8 different finishes and 13 different paint fill options across the pond now.

But it's 800 euro a stick.

You can get 8 different finishes and 13 different paint fill options across the pond now.

But it's 800 euro a stick.
Saw the post on em, and that's really cool- just not sure if it comes this way. Although I know @Iceman! has no problem ordering from overseas.

Saw the post on em, and that's really cool- just not sure if it comes this way. Although I know @Iceman! has no problem ordering from overseas.
He also has no problems with spending that cash.

Played on Monday and man, even though I didn’t score as well as I should have, I was not let down by these irons. I am beyond happy with these 243s and so glad I went 245 in my 4 iron. Not only is it sexy to look at, it is one hell of a performer on course.

Back