Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Putters

Finally saw the Jailbird Cruiser in person and took some practice strokes with it. This is what I wish the Jailbird 380 would have been or at least that same grip.

I have the original and prefered that over this one. Like the grip and the feel better, had a little more solid feel with the metal face vs the AI face. But they are both great.
Shaft offset and toe hang are a little different. Weight was 610 orginal and 605 new one.

Attachments

• IMG_2864 2.jpeg
    IMG_2864 2.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2862.jpeg
    IMG_2862.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2863.jpeg
    IMG_2863.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2865.jpeg
    IMG_2865.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 11
I was in my local store and somebody had ordered a Jailbird cruiser with the long SuperStroke grip. Oh, oh…

I have a 90 day return/exchange that I am going to use.

Rolling a cruiser then trying anything standard. The standard feels crazy all over the place..
The cruiser is so damn stable. I had the OG 330 Cruiser and it was a cheat code

Headed to go pick one up.. will it be the jailbird or the 7??

Headed to go pick one up.. will it be the jailbird or the 7??
I have rolled both and don’t detect any difference in performance. I think it comes down to which looks better to your eye.

Took the ai one #7 cruiser on the course for a little testing. I made some good putts with it. It is a nice putter but I prefer the jailbird 380. The cruiser was notably lighter -- I did add lead tape to my jailbird -- and the ball came off the face surprisingly fast. A little too fast.

I have rolled both and don’t detect any difference in performance. I think it comes down to which looks better to your eye.
Well. Went to pick one up. Ended hitting and rolling a few other putter.. something else entered the chat and now I have to take a bit more time. Lol

Well. Went to pick one up. Ended hitting and rolling a few other putter.. something else entered the chat and now I have to take a bit more time. Lol
Cant Decide Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

All this stuff is too expensive to not be sure..
That is why I purchase at Uinta Golf or PGA Superstore, which give the 90 day playability and exchange.

Took the ai one #7 cruiser on the course for a little testing. I made some good putts with it. It is a nice putter but I prefer the jailbird 380. The cruiser was notably lighter -- I did add lead tape to my jailbird -- and the ball came off the face surprisingly fast. A little too fast.
I am curious about this statement that the Cruiser is notably lighter. Both the Cruiser head and the Jailbird 380 head are 380 grams, so I wonder what makes the Cruiser feel lighter.

I am curious about this statement that the Cruiser is notably lighter. Both the Cruiser head and the Jailbird 380 head are 380 grams, so I wonder what makes the Cruiser feel lighter.
Not entirely sure myself, but I have both and the Cruiser is definitely noticeably lighter. My guess would be the shaft, but as others have said it could be the shaft, the grip, or a combination of factors.

Looks like I have managed to snag a Jailbird Cruiser. Should be in the mail tomorrow for a Tuesday delivery..... can't wait to get my hands on it....

So, having found a Jailbird that was special ordered with a SuperStroke grip and trying it out, it may be a fantastic antidote for the tremors that I have in my hands. Since I had purchased some equipment at the same store on a 90 day playability, I took it back and got the Jailbird. My putter for the year will come down to either my Jailbird Mini Ch or this Jailbird. I want to decide quickly and settle in. The one issue I had with the Seven Cruiser that I turned back in was running it by the hole. I didn’t have that issue wit the Jailbird Mini. It may just be a little practice. From 10 feet in, these Cruisers are deadly.

The Jailbird worked so well for me today. 31 putts on a very difficult putting course. One of the guys in my threesome asked to look at it afterward and said, “You better keep that thing in your bag.”

I’m surprised at how much “hotter” the ai one jailbird is. Strong ponder but I’m getting along well with the MH version currently.

Jailbird stock situation is pretty dire over here in the UK, all retailers/Pro-shops saying next batch Jailbird Cruisers wont be dropping till end of May (July if you're a lefty, ouch). Luckily managed to snag the last one from American golf with a chunky discount which arrived this morning. After a few rolls, first impressions is love the stock grip way more than expected, thought it'd be coming straight off for a Superstoke but think it might be a keeper. Toying with adding a strip or 2 of lead tape.

Jailbird stock situation is pretty dire over here in the UK, all retailers/Pro-shops saying next batch Jailbird Cruisers wont be dropping till end of May (July if you're a lefty, ouch). Luckily managed to snag the last one from American golf with a chunky discount which arrived this morning. After a few rolls, first impressions is love the stock grip way more than expected, thought it'd be coming straight off for a Superstoke but think it might be a keeper. Toying with adding a strip or 2 of lead tape.
Managed to snag mine from a midlands pro shop after an appeal on a FB group. It was a shop display model so I got 10% off it with free delivery, and its minty bar the obvious lack of cellophane. My initial rolls yesterday when it arrived were really positive and I'm hoping to have out on a course on Friday....

I'm very happy with it as is - love the standard grip.

Managed to snag mine from a midlands pro shop after an appeal on a FB group. It was a shop display model so I got 10% off it with free delivery, and its minty bar the obvious lack of cellophane. My initial rolls yesterday when it arrived were really positive and I'm hoping to have out on a course on Friday....

I'm very happy with it as is - love the standard grip.
Funnily enough in my search for a Jailbird think I saw your FB post and had a chuckle as I'm also East Sussex based so was felt your pain in trying to find one down here. Was lucky to stumble across 1 in stock at American golf which I also happen to have 10% graduate discount for. I'm a sucker for tour fad putters but coming from a love hate relationship with a Spider Tour this is probably the first putter I can understand why all the tour boys are putting variations of them in the bag, its just crazy stable.

Back