You can have lunch with one historical figure, who is it and why?

FDR, he dealt with so much during his time as president. I'd really like to have a candid discussion about those days and what he had to endure, his decisions and what led to the outcomes. Fascinating stuff!
that one got mentioned in an interview as well.

Jesus Christ for me. I would love to have more insight on his perseverance and strength to endure all he did knowing the end result and knowing that even that sacrifice wouldn’t eliminate evil or the devils works.

I'm going to lead with Arnold Palmer. It is one of my biggest regrets in life not making a point to say hello to him in any sort of capacity, and to be able to fill that void would be incredibly useful to my soul.

I'll come back later for a fancier selection, but he's immediately who comes to mind.
you know me, I'd hire the person immediately if this was their response.

I love that question, get's them off base and thinking outside the box of an interview for sure.

I'd say George Washington, seems like it would be a super entertaining and insightful lunch/interview!

Prob Jesus…. Seems like a popular fella.

As much as some of these names would be interesting, there would be such a crazy disconnect between us.

You'd probably spend more time telling Washington about pop tarts and tik tok than he would telling you about anything.

Founding Fathers is a good choice, but maybe Moses for a little help navigating a couple water hazards.

As much as some of these names would be interesting, there would be such a crazy disconnect between us.

You'd probably spend more time telling Washington about pop tarts and tik tok than he would telling you about anything.
See that’s the thing. I would pick someone who I could just listen to and learn from. If I’m choosing someone it’s not so I can bore them with my bs lol

Dwight David Eisenhower. The brilliant man who warned us of the corrupt government and military industrial complex in his farewell speech.

For another pick- IF the President's could divulge info- I'd love to talk to Clinton/Bush just to hear about some of that conspiracy theorist stuff. Who shot JFK, Aliens etc just to get the truth.

not meant to be political in any way shape or form.

See that’s the thing. I would pick someone who I could just listen to and learn from. If I’m choosing someone it’s not so I can bore them with my bs lol
oh but my friend, they would have questions..

JFK. Gotta be a ton of secrets he could share

Pharaoh Khufu... So I can ask HOW DID YOU OR WHO IN THE HELL HELPED YOU BUILD THE GREAT PYRAMID OF GIZA....??! 🤯 LOL. That would be fascinating to know...

Last edited:
I was going to pick a musician. Gave consideration to Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Beethoven, Mozart.

But i think I’d go with Ben Franklin. Exceptionally smart, well rounded. Scholar, founder, inventor, scientist. And he lived in St. Andrews for a while. It would be cool to talk a little bit about his golf game!

I'm going to lead with Arnold Palmer. It is one of my biggest regrets in life not making a point to say hello to him in any sort of capacity, and to be able to fill that void would be incredibly useful to my soul.

I'll come back later for a fancier selection, but he's immediately who comes to mind.
Great choice. Definitely one of my all-time favorite human beings.

Dwight David Eisenhower. The brilliant man who warned us of the corrupt government and military industrial complex in his farewell speech.
"Why We Fight" was a great documentary on this

I could go SO many ways on this. Hopefully "historical" doesn't necessarily mean deceased...

Barack Obama
Jim Morrison
Ben Franklin
Meriwether Lewis & William Clark
Martin Luther King Jr

Chief Dull Knife

I'd love to hear mostly about life prior to colonization and his experience of European expansion west. I think there is just so much to learn from that timeframe.

Pharaoh Khufu... So I can ask HOW DID YOU OR WHO IN THE HELL HELPED YOU BUILD THE GREAT PYRAMID OF GIZA....??! 🤯 LOL. That would be fascinating know...
This is my favorite answer. The Pyramids absolutely baffle me, and I need answers.

Can I play 9 holes of golf with Old Tom Morris during the lunchtime?

Back