Recent content by The Milk Man

1. The Milk Man

Arccos Golf stats on Scratch vs 20 handicap

There have been 21 winners on tour this year 15 of those winners are longer than the tour average. I would say the long hitters are doing fine.
  2. The Milk Man

Arccos Golf stats on Scratch vs 20 handicap

What you generally find at all levels of golf are the guys who hit it farther than average collect the most trophies and win the most cash. Never in the history of golf has a short hitter of the golf ball dominated the game. The best players of all time Tiger and Jack were two of the longest...
  3. The Milk Man

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Big number avoidance is the key to getting better and dropping strokes. It could be bogey avoidance or could be double or worse avoidance depending on your skill level.
  4. The Milk Man

Driver fitting: Club Champion? True Spec? PGASS? GG?

Going from memory, an hour club fitting at TGR for a single club is $125.
  5. The Milk Man

Driver fitting: Club Champion? True Spec? PGASS? GG?

@DGA3 The Golf Room in Dublin also does fittings or if you don't mind a little drive 50 yards longer in Cincinnati are two other options. https://www.50yardslonger.com/ https://www.thegolfroom.com/clubfitting
  6. The Milk Man

Most Nervous You've Been for a Round

The first time I played the in the championship flight in the city tourney or trying to qualify for the US Pub Links back in the day. I started golf in my late 20's. Those were two of my first tournaments. At that point I was not prepared for tournament golf and got quite the education those...
  7. The Milk Man

League Partners Giving Putts

In our leagues you can only give putts to the person you are competing against. My playing partner cannot give putts to my competitor.
  8. The Milk Man

How can some states have such cheap memberships?

Cheap golf at good tracks can be found all over Ohio. I pay a little over a 1k for 27 holes with reduced cart fee. There is a deal in Findlay Ohio that is $1870 for a single with cart at 4 courses.
  9. The Milk Man

Chipping on Green?

Yes, if the goal is to shoot the best round possible that day.
  10. The Milk Man

Western Michigan Golf Vacation

@Slot708 Grand Rapids area would be my pick, if travel is not to far from where you are staying. Here is an article the fired egg wrote about Grand Rapids golf. https://thefriedegg.com/eggsplorations-grand-rapids-affordable-golf-trip/
  11. The Milk Man

Telling people what you do for work.

I also work in HR and get a million questions. Anytime something happens at someone's job. I am the first person they call.
  12. The Milk Man

Titleist Clubs

Play what makes you happy
  13. The Milk Man

Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Kenwood was the most expensive in Cincinnati (not sure if still is). It was around 65k to join.
  14. The Milk Man

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

1:15 with a cart as a single and 1:45 with a cart as a twosome
Back