Recent content by RomaParisZurich

1. R

Interesting Handicap Conversation

As described in the OP, I don't see what the problem is. I can imagine several scenarios where a good coach can find a couple simple tweaks to make a huge change in someone's game. If they are spraying the ball OB off the tee multiple times a round and get things straightened out with a simple...
  2. R

Rory NOT returning to Policy Board

Ha! I laughed pretty hard at the "for some reason". I just read the undercover caddie article in the latest golf digest. He talked about a practice round with one of the influential guys on this committee (I think) and the caddies were just rolling their eyes at this unnamed golfer rambling...
  3. R

Interesting Shaft vs Head Comment

I can't disagree...I'll take his word for it that these were observations from his clients. It is really interesting this holds true from scratch to high handicaps (implying that this is true for both high and low swing speeds). Did your mentor have an explanation? My thinking was in line...
  4. R

Interesting Shaft vs Head Comment

I was with you until "Both of those things are regardless of results." If the results were great, was the shaft really too soft or too stiff? Was he presenting this as a case study of the ego of the golfer? If the golfer knew what they were hitting, it sure seems to point to the fact that...
  5. R

Unpopular Opinion - The Masters / Augusta

Certainly some interesting takes here. Manufactured, fake, phony. At what point does immaculate turn to manufactured or fake? How nice is too nice? I always thought Augusta looked more beautiful/amazing than any fantasy course in a video game. Never thought to consider that a negative...
  6. R

Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

Well what are you doing on here?!?!? Enjoy your time there! Just curious on the weight changes as I rolled a few of these the other day, and I liked the Milled 7 more than the Ai-One 7 which surprised me. I liked the All-In in the Elevado, so naturally imagined one in the Milled 7. Ai-One and...
  7. R

I see the Jailbird photos, but you also have an All-In in a Ai-ONE Milled 7 CH? Do you have before and after total weights and swing weight?
  8. R

Porzak golf

I've unsubscribed to to anyone else, although I like Dan Grieves' short game stuff. Some instructors explain the "feels" in ways that click and point out the root of a problem simply. Porzak is that guy for me. I have some friends in deep with some of the other instructors, but all the...
  9. R

Dummy accuses Bryson of loft jacking.

I probably lean to the loft jacking side of the fence (don't @ me). But those posts are ridiculous. A "modern" 8 iron is 40 degrees? I'm sure you can find some current sets with those lofts, but since when have the majority of 8 irons had that much loft?
  10. R

NEWS SuperStroke Teams Up with Good Good

This doesn't surprise me at all. I bet these guys move more product in that younger demographic than anyone on tour. I am in my 40's and enjoy the youtube golf scene more than PGA tour golf. Sunday afternoon at the Players was great, but the better youtube channels are produced rather well and...
  11. R

NEWS SuperStroke Teams Up with Good Good

Matt actually has two par 4 hole in ones and the par 3 15th hole of the bear trap. So that's three on camera.
  12. R

Weird. If I go through the menu to see the Ai One putters, there is only a double bend. But when I look at the double bend putter, the CH shows up in the Just For You options below. Not sure why that isn't in my list of putters on the front page.
  13. R

Why would the CH Double wide only be available in Ladies with no option for a 34" shaft?
  14. R

Ben Hogan PTx Tour Irons

How about now? I can't find a pic of the short irons. Are they like Icons? Or similar looking to the rest of the set?
  15. R

Never Compromise Reserve Putter Review

I've gone through neither, but reading your descriptions of the Edel fitting possibilities, I feel like if I were to get the NC fitting I would be left wanting more.
Back