Recent content by Riverdad

1. R

Great thrift store finds?

I got an 8802 (the real thing, not a reproduction) for $3. It has the original grip and shaft. The head has some bag chatter, but overall in good shape.
  2. R

The 60 and over Thread

This game is so unpredictable. The last few months have been very frustrating for me. I have topped a lot of shots. Today I went to the course without a tee time. They told me I could really hurry and join the threesome that was about to tee off or wait a while. I rushed to join the threesome...
  3. R

The 60 and over Thread

Played a new course today. It was 6100 yds par 70. I still hit it awful. I topped 4 tee shots, only hit 4 fairways and 5 greens. I ended up having only 25 putts (with a 3 putt). Shot 75. My best score in months. I don't know why my short game was so much better than usual, but I know that I...
  4. R

The 60 and over Thread

Well...the last 5 holes did not carry over from Friday. I topped my tee shots on #1, #2, 2nd shot on #3 into the water, tee shot on #5, tee shot on #9, and tee shot on #10. I was 8 over on those 6 holes. Shot 46-41=87. The struggle continues. I am pretty frustrated with my game right now. I did...
  5. R

The 60 and over Thread

You are correct!
  6. R

The 60 and over Thread

This might be the worst golf I have played over a sustained period of time in more than 30 years. My last 3 rounds are 84, 83, and 82. Today was horrible from holes 9-13 (5 straight bogies with 2 cold topped tee shots). I hope I found something on #14. I played the last 5 holes +1 and bogied an...
  7. R

Callaway Paradym Drivers

I took advantage of the 2X trade in and got the Paradym 9* driver with the flat cog and the triple diamond 3 wood. I traded in a bunch of clubs that I would probably never use again and only paid $35 difference. I got both with the KBS shaft (regular because I do not have a lot of clubhead...
  8. R

Tour Event 2023 Ryder Cup Contest

US wins US flag
  9. R

The 60 and over Thread

I feel like I might be headed in the right direction. My last 2 rounds were 76 and 75 (today). I feel really good about the putter at the moment. I have gone to an older odyssey protype 6 that I bought used about 8 years ago. I really liked the feel of the head, but at the time did not like the...
  10. R

Tour Event The 2023 Open Championship Contest and Thread Sponsored by Edel Golf

Scottie Scheffler...C grind (2 degrees flat if possible). What a great prize.
  11. R

How Good is Your Short Game?

What was once by far the best part of my game is now by far my biggest weakness. I am still pretty good at flop shots and out of the sand. I can't hit a simple chip shot with any consistency any more. I am working on it and it is getting better, but I don't have the confidence I used to have.
  12. R

If you could attend one Major

I am on a fixed income and pretty frugal. There is a ton of stuff to buy at the merchandise tent. I got golf caps, ball markers, and shot glasses for my friends. I got a driver headcover, putter headcover, t-shirts, and caps for myself.
  13. R

If you could attend one Major

The Masters. I have been to 2 U.S. Opens at Pebble Beach. They were great, but the Masters has been a life long dream.
Back