Recent content by jpgolf

1. jpgolf

Small detail / big impact..?

Sometimes the smallest changes can have huge effects on a golf swing or a putting style. Coming across what small detail ended up having a good, positive effect for you..???
  2. jpgolf

Are there any signs?

May be an unusual question… but, before a round, are there ever any signs that you pick up on… that give a little indication that this round is going to be good… or, bad…???
  3. jpgolf

Tour Event 2024 LIV Singapore Sentosa GC 5/2 - 5/5

Personally… I’m ok with LIV, and I’ll watch a fair amount. I’m also ok with Koepka winning the Singapore event… but, I thought it was a very boring final day… and the commentating was semi-awful.
  4. jpgolf

Is the ball “equipment”..???

Best differing opinion so far. Makes sense.
  5. jpgolf

Just the ball.
  6. jpgolf

Ok… I know I’m not going to win this debate… but - let’s compare golf to baseball. In baseball (like golf) you have tools or “equipment” to aid you in playing the game. I would consider a glove or a bat… or, even spikes and catchers mask and pads to be “equipment.” I would not consider the...
  7. jpgolf

Titleist has an ad about their golf ball. In the ad, speaking of the ball, it says “the only piece of equipment we use every time.” I don’t consider the ball I use to be equipment. My clubs and accessories are equipment - to me. What say you…..???
  8. jpgolf

Mallet vs blade?

l love the look of a classic blade putter… but, I putt better with a mallet. Easier for me to “attempt” to go straight back & straight thru.
  9. jpgolf

Who is your sports villain…???

Embiid Harden LeBron
  10. jpgolf

Who is your sports villain…???

Who is your sports villain(s)..? It can be whoever you root against, really dislike, or just can’t stand… be it an individual player, a player on a national team, or a team. Who ya got..?
  11. jpgolf

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

Playing in a scramble approx 12 to 14 years ago… in November. It was already cold-ish… maybe in the high 40*s… and then came the slow drizzle. Not enough to cause people to bail out… but, just enough to slowly get you and everything wet… and make that cold-ish temperature feel even colder...
  12. jpgolf

How consistent are your golf balls?

I kept looking and kept looking for a ball that would not only match up well with my swing & my game… but, one reasonably priced. I have found it with the Mizuno RB Max. Consistent all the way thru my bag… super durable… and around $32 per dozen where I live. For me, it’s a great golf ball!
  13. jpgolf

Post A Golf Photo

Well… it has something to do with golf. 😂
  14. jpgolf

Post A Golf Photo

Monroe CC in Monroe, NC. 4th hole.
  15. jpgolf

How much golf does it take to burn you out?

At my age now (70)… I can do two days in a row… but, then I need a rest day before more.
Back