Recent content by JohnnyO3478

1. JohnnyO3478

Flagstick In or Out

Don't care what my group does - but if those jokers in the group in front of us pull the pin - I get pissed .....
  2. JohnnyO3478

Bag Boy Volt Electric Cart

You'd think the Bag Boy folks would just fix this problem by sourcing a knobbier tread. They are obviously monitoring this site. Seems like an easy fix.
  3. JohnnyO3478

Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

I have two sessions in on the latest Beta Firmware version. It seems like the launch angles are more believable (that's to say - closer to what I see on a Trackman) now. The response of the unit after each shot is now noticably delayed longer. In the two sessions I had before updating - I...
  4. JohnnyO3478

If It's Not Scottish ....

Thanks. The putter cover is standard PXG.
  5. JohnnyO3478

Complete "Complete Relief"?

I'm going to go ahead and concede that my feet would need to be off that path when I take relief. And I will put this on the list of rules that I think require tweaking. It makes zero sense for me to have to take relief from something that does not interfere with my stance just so i can take...
  6. JohnnyO3478

The fence is not the object of contention here. I am talking about the cart path as an ACC. This fence has been installed by the golf course and is clearly marked on the scorecard as the OB boundary for this hole. There are no homes near this hole.
  7. JohnnyO3478

This fence has been installed by the course and is listed on the scorecard as the OB boundary for this hole.
  8. JohnnyO3478

I do not think that is the case - but I'd welcome being proved incorrect on that point if you can find a reference to support it.
  9. JohnnyO3478

Do you have a reference for what you say in that last sentence? That's basically what I am looking for. I do not think the rule is crystal clear on that point. I don't need relief for both stance and swing path - just swing path. I might even just prefer the nice level concrete. I just...
  10. JohnnyO3478

I usually do no have much trouble on this hole - as my normal miss is to the left. It's hole number 3 and I've been known to drive the green. Unfortunately it would be the Green for the 1st hole .......
  11. JohnnyO3478

Yeah - this thread is only about the free relief from abnormal course conditions - Rule 16. But just so you know - this hole in particular has a pretty dead straight OB line down the right hand side:
  12. JohnnyO3478

The rule provides complete relief from the abnormal course condition. It does not provide relief from out of bounds or any kind of unplayable lie. My options in this scenario are to either play it as it lies, go back and hit from the spot I just hit from - or take the relief provided in the...
Back