Recent content by Jackio

1. J

Your Top 5 Courses Played

Ballybunion North Berwick Hollinwell Portmarnock County Louth All europe. I've played in the US a few times, played Kiawah Island the year after the Ryder Cup. Mind blowingly difficult for my golf at the time. Might as well have just emptied my balls into the bin at the start of the round. I'd...
  2. J

What are your favorite casual golf shoes?

An older pair of Callaway brown leather with white sole things. I think they were called something that conjured 'suave yet casual'. Wearing out now but great for the clubhouse and walk to town
  3. J

OldandStiff's search for iron graphite!

I tried a Wilson CB 7i with DG 120 100x in a fitting (like you trying to find a shaft and needing graphite). None of the graphite they had were in the weight I want, but win a whim tried this shaft. Lovely. Solid. Straight balls...wish I wasn't injured by steel shafts. I hope you can play them...
  4. J

Graphite iron shaft help please

This is genius. I'd never thought of hitting irons off a tee on a mat. I'll try it tomorrow. I tend to not use a tee with irons off the tee but I'm thinking of doing it this season
  5. J

Oh ok, that's interesting. I've shied (spelling?) away from any SF thread...I'll have a search. Did you compare to MMTs by any chance? Thats my only reference, apart from PX 6 and Nipon 130
  6. J

Ha yes, I've read it all, thank you
  7. J

I think they do a slightly heavier shaft too. 120 or something. From your experience are they 'linear'? Not sure what that means to others but I do seem to get on best with PX and my driver is PX Gen 4 black
  8. J

Thanks for both suggestions @Muchmore and @Sean . I didn't explain it very well in my post. I think I swing best around 120g. A bit lighter is ok. But 90-95-105 seems to throw me off. But i'm not certain so not dismissing the idea of lighter. Though I probably am. I think I'm one of those for...
  9. J

Oh, I've also hit some steel fibres and didn't like the feel at all. I'd be reluctant to send my clubs off to have SF fitted given that experience.
  10. J

Hi I've just joined here after reading a lot. Thanks for the welcome. I'm in the UK. I need graphite iron shafts after a wrist fracture and metal-work (anyone know Delirium Dive in Sunshine?), and now bilateral golfer's elbow. I'm fit, pretty strong, play to 5.7. At 190 yds out I reach for my...
Back