Recent content by InTheRough

1. InTheRough

Total distance question

When I get a new set, I'm just going to tell them to order single irons: 7, 8, 9, P, G. No longer do you get any kind of discount for buying a "set" anyway. With irons costing $170+ ea nowadays, why pay for two clubs I'm never going to use? That money could go toward a new hybrid or 9W when the...
  2. InTheRough

What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

I made tee time reservations for Friday. Yay. My first round this year! We'll see how the knee does. I'm probably going to play like dog poo, but who cares? It's supposed to be in the low 80s.
  3. InTheRough

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

It's more like what I've lost on the golf course.
  4. InTheRough

Back Issues and Golf

I'm 71. Of course I have back issues. I can't use a short putter because it hurts to bend over that far and practice putting for more than 5 minutes. Even if they were to ban the broomstick putter I'd continue to use one. I won't keep an official HC.
  5. InTheRough

When was your last shank?

Last wk at the driving range. The shot after a shank is the most difficult shot in golf.
  6. InTheRough

How Strong Is Your Grip?

Neutral.
  7. InTheRough

The Club You Were REALLY Wrong About...

1. SeeMore sbc20 putter custom ordered back in 2014 w/ riflescope technology. The answer to my putting woes. It lasted 3 rounds. 43, 44, and 42 putts. It had cooties. I traded it to a neighbor who wanted it for his older Ping + cash. A week later he wanted to reverse the deal. He said the putter...
  8. InTheRough

Not adjusted to hybrid life.

Hybrids are played in the same ball position as irons. They aren't played like FW. They're played like irons. The low point of the swing is after the ball. My bag looks like... well... it's below. I carry a Ping 4H & 5H. I have the 4H adjusted to 23.5 deg. It's normally 22 deg. I also carry a...
  9. InTheRough

What’s The Worst Weather You Have Played In?

52 deg, drizzle and wind. I had to quit the round because I wore glasses and couldn't see.
  10. InTheRough

What is the fastest 18 hole round you have played?

3 hrs walking with a foursome in the ladies club on a Tuesday morning. Tee off 9:00. Last putt tapped in at noon.
  11. InTheRough

Would this stop you from playing?

Yes. I'd roll over and go back to sleep. And I'll have to say that even if it was a world class course I might just go to the clubhouse and have breakfast because if i played the course in those conditions, I know I'd hate every minute of it for the 2.5 hrs I'd be out there because I'd probably...
  12. InTheRough

How consistent are your golf balls?

I guess if we go to a two piece ball, then they'll be more consistent. Fewer things to go wrong in manufacturing.
  13. InTheRough

The Mini Driver

This one club would've been the perfect solution to the "Distance Problem" that the tour pros allegedly have. The pros using it probably would've had a downstream effect on the amateur market. Instead they changed the ball.
  14. InTheRough

How consistent are your golf balls?

I'd have to find someone with a consistent swing to test the balls on a monitor with say a 7i and PW. And then look at the numbers. My swing is just too variable to get any good data.
  15. InTheRough

What Are You Listening To?

The guitar player in this band has got to be one of the most underrated musicians I've heard.
Back