Recent content by hackitup

1. hackitup

How much is bogey avoidance an active part of your game and course mgmt?

Trying to use gross bogey avoidance was a contributing factor to taking bad golf to worse golf. A few years back I embraced bogey. I played for bogey. As an 18.7 that meant I was playing for net par. That strategy has been replaced with knowing how many strokes I have to work with and...
  2. hackitup

Arccos Golf stats on Scratch vs 20 handicap

I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do with that image. How do the stats of a scratch vs. 10 handicap vs. 20 handicap golfer compare? Better golfers play better golf. I’m just not really seeing what story they’re trying to tell.
  3. hackitup

Would you get work done on your clubs at Dick's Sporting Goods??

I wouldn’t trust the nearest DSG to lace basketball shoes, let alone work on my clubs. I’ll caveat with location dependent but most likely I’d go to a golf shop.
  4. hackitup

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

I started following Bag Boy on IG just to see THPers getting iced. That was a nice throwback. And what a great follow around Ballyhack these past few days. @jlew - the scorecards are such a big help to keep up while still being busy with that silly thing we call work. Thank you.
  5. hackitup

What are your expectations for a more forgiving iron than your current gamers to hit more greens?

As of today I’d expect it to be a larger club which would drop my GIR. I just struggle all around with a bigger head. Ask me in a couple years when new tech allows club sizes to drop even further into a more compact package and I think it goes up. I think I already play forgiving clubs for the...
  6. hackitup

SuperStroke buys Lamkin

I’m not sure how I feel about this. Part of me hopes SuperStroke uses this to put out some good swing grips. But part of me is afraid they’ll mess up the Lamkin grips. Guess I’ll have to wait and see.
  7. hackitup

CONTEST Live Update Thread – 2024 Bag Boy Championship

Wow. You guys are killing the updates. Looked like a great time even with the afternoon storm that rolled through.
  8. hackitup

Are Sunglasses Optional?

I played with my regular glasses yesterday because it was rainy/drizzly. I’m not a fan of regular glasses and much prefer my sunglasses. They hold so much better making them feel more secure. I think I’m going to change to an amber Rx lens. Amber brightens things up for me so I should be able to...
  9. hackitup

Off Course – Mike Yagley from Cobra Golf

I listened to it twice already and I’ll probably go back a few more times. Ooh, I can watch it too for the visual aids. Another fun episode.
  10. hackitup

What golf stuff did you buy today?

This wasn’t the plan. I was supposed to be looking at a hybrid or 3W. But while I was waiting for some old clubs to be traded in I rolled a few putts. I walked right to the registers without a second thought.
  11. hackitup

Unsolicited gold advice- what’s your stance

Never at the range. That’s a practice and drill area. Most of the time I don’t care about anyone else’s swing and I’m hoping the same is true with them.
  12. hackitup

Crossing the invisible lines

Well, it couldn’t have been too bad. You’re alive to tell the tale, after all. But I’m guessing the dog house will be a little cramped tonight.
  13. hackitup

23’ UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Shafts

Yeah, I’m sure I’ll forget about the flex after a bit. Especially after seeing more of the same results. It feels about like I would expect my other S flex M40X LinQ shafts to feel too. A fairway wood dart party? Sounds like a ton of fun to me. My layup in the fairway today landed on a slight...
  14. hackitup

23’ UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Shafts

I received a 5W with an M40X LinQ Red in 6F3. I hit it today. My driver swing speed is currently around 98mph. I was surprised to see a nice, high, straight ball covering my warm weather expected distance in cool weather. Going by the waggle test it flexes a bit more than my other shafts. But...
  15. hackitup

What golf stuff did you buy today?

The Mizuno website. I checked out as a guest as I was multitasking. Sometimes sites will reset to the defaults when I do stuff like that. I made sure to include that I unwrapped the plastic in case that mattered.
Back