Recent content by DaBuckBoys

1. DaBuckBoys

Cornhole vs bags

Baggo was a brand name of knock-off boards and bags that were a similar game as Cornhole. Usually plastic boards and sold in Walmart/Kroger, if not Big Lots.
  2. DaBuckBoys

2024 Better You Fitness Thread

I like 430pm better but the program I have been in for 12 weeks is at 6pm. Leaves an odd amount of time after work before the gym and pushes dinner later than I like...
  3. DaBuckBoys

Costco Prescription Sunglasses for Golf?

I just got a pair recently but I can't recommend them. The lenses have these dark spots around the edges that look awful. They even affect my peripheral vision. I need to return them and have them remade.
  4. DaBuckBoys

Gas Prices: What are you paying?

We made the 2 hour drive to Athens, Ohio over the weekend. Most places were $3.19 to $3.39/gal. The last station on Route 32/50 headed south/southwest on the way home was $3.69!!!
  5. DaBuckBoys

Moving sucks.

Moving sucks period. Moving your kid out of a college apartment sucks. Moving out of a 2nd story apartment into another 2nd story apartment, even worse. Add in his gf who lives with him so 2x as much stuff... on graduation weekend and in the rain. Everyone did their jobs and we got it done. I...
  6. DaBuckBoys

Crossing the invisible lines

Yeah... I hook/bladed a wedge just over the 6' privacy fence that just missed the neighbors window one time. Luckily didn't crack the siding either which I have done to my own house.
  7. DaBuckBoys

One must go

Not 9 years old so cookie cereal isn't hard to let go. Can't say I've had Orange Cake but looks good. Bagels are near sacred though... carbs. And ice cream sandwiches have always been a staple in our freezer.
  8. DaBuckBoys

The Official Banter Away Thread

It was the first movie I saw in theater too. Born in '73, my Dad had seen it during original release then took me next year or so when it re-released.
  9. DaBuckBoys

Build/Fill Your Golf Bag with $15

G430, RBallz, CG16's, 588RTX, & Jailbird = $15
  10. DaBuckBoys

Cost Of The Cheapest Good/Best Course Near You?

Paid $35 at the local muni last Sunday at 3pm. Guessing their pre-noon, weekend price is $40-42? I have heard the other two course in the county are $48-50 on weekend mornings. There are always deals but they are getting harder to find. Actually had a bogo coupon last weekend so my wife played...
  11. DaBuckBoys

The best shot of the round

Par 5, 2nd shot. Hit HW from 211. Never left the flag. Stopped about 15' short of the pin. Missed the eagle putt or that would have been top shot...
  12. DaBuckBoys

Would you ever take driver out of the bag pending the course you are playing?

First time I played on Hilton Head, after all the warnings about tight fairways and all that, I practiced with my 5 wood off the tee and really had it down. First round, first hole, 4 groups stacked up in line on the tee box, grumpy old starter, gators catching some sun on the side of the tee...
  13. DaBuckBoys

Whirlpool Dryer? Humidity of the South? Just dumb but bad Luck? WTF?

Not in the south so can't help from that perspective but shouldn't the regular lint trap be catching 99%? Our house has an awful run of exhaust line from the dryer. Down, left, right, then about 15 feet to get out of the house. About once per year, I use the shop vac to suck out what I can...
  14. DaBuckBoys

Any equipment change pondering/experimenting going on?

New irons for 50th b'day got put on hold when the wife lost her job. She'll be back in the workforce soon, so maybe I'll get them for a 25th anniversary... She got me my first new set of clubs when we got married, hey?
Back