DaBuckBoys

Reaction score
Moving sucks period. Moving your kid out of a college apartment sucks. Moving out of a 2nd story apartment into another 2nd story apartment, even worse. Add in his gf who lives with him so 2x as much stuff... on graduation weekend and in the rain. Everyone did their jobs and we got it done. I did talk them into letting us get rid of their massive leather double recliner they bought at the re-store for $75 but had a team of people to move in. It was broke down and needed to go, period. One semester to go, so move out in December should be fun.

I don’t miss those days. I had 2 in college at the time in different places. It was not fun especially when it was on the same weekend.

When we moved from Michigan to SC we hired 2 man crews on both ends to help load and unload. Money well spent.

Yeah. Moving is absolutely the worst. I didn’t really do it a ton. Grew up in two houses moving in 6th grade. Annual moves in college and post college. Then settled into a condo in 2007. Lived there until 2021. That move was tough just because I’d actually accumulated a ton of stuff. I don’t plan on moving again until I retire and hopefully at that point to ill be able to pay someone else to do it.

I’m headed to Davidson NC on Tuesday to help move my youngest daughter‘s college stuff into a storage unit she is sharing with three others and all the related fun stuff. It’s actually simple compared to us prepping our home listing for sale on MLS in June. It’s amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in six short years. :)

I’m headed to Davidson NC on Tuesday to help move my youngest daughter‘s college stuff into a storage unit she is sharing with three others and all the related fun stuff. It’s actually simple compared to us prepping our home listing for sale on MLS in June. It’s amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in six short years. :)
I just finished doing this this yesterday in Tampa. Moved everything from apartment to a storage unit.

Moving into my first house from home was the easiest thing I ever did. That's because I owned nothing! My next (family) move came 25 years later. Absolutely the worst experience of my life.
My next move will be to the ground, and that would be much more enjoyable than moving again.

My son rented a furnished apartment near his college (Indiana University). This will save us a lot of work.

Been there with Twins in 2 States. Lived in MO, one Kid in MN and the other in Philly.
The worst part was Moveout was in middle of Week in Cities during Rush Hour. Luckily one didn't collect much while the other did. Spatial awareness was not his strong suit so we had to leave things behind. 😞

Just finished moving to Albrightsville Pa. Hired a great moving company and they did the heavy lifting well worth the money being 70 .

Next week we are moving and right now Im excited for it. I know by the end I will say again that i am never moving again lol

Been there with Twins in 2 States. Lived in MO, one Kid in MN and the other in Philly.
The worst part was Moveout was in middle of Week in Cities during Rush Hour. Luckily one didn't collect much while the other did. Spatial awareness was not his strong suit so we had to leave things behind. 😞
I've already told mine, when we move him out in December (after graduation!) a lot of stuff is not coming home. Just so much junk...

It sure does suck. I'll be travelling to Clemson in a few weeks time to move my daughter, from her one bedroom apartment to a two bedroom apartment. Thankfully it is not only the same building, but the only building among her complex with an elevator. My back is already hurting.... :/

It sure does suck. I'll be travelling to Clemson in a few weeks time to move my daughter, from her one bedroom apartment to a two bedroom apartment. Thankfully it is not only the same building, but the only building among her complex with an elevator. My back is already hurting.... :/
U LUCKY SOB 😭 😀

I'm convinced that, if I wind up in Hell, I'll be a furniture mover for all eternity...

There's almost nothing I hate worse than moving, and I'm so happy we just made a "semi-permanent?" move to Arizona this year.

I'm moving my oldest out of her apartment in Boston next Sunday and Monday, I'm sure traffic will be fine because surely no one else will be moving their kids out after graduation either. I mean, Boston's not a really big college town... thankfully she's on a first floor.

And odds are I'll (hopefully) just be moving her back up there later this summer if/when she gets a full time job up there.

I need to get rid of a lot of stuff before I move.
I've lived in the same house for 23 years now.
When a friend moved a month ago I gave her about fifty boxes to help with her move.
As much as I could fit in my little car!

I'm convinced that, if I wind up in Hell, I'll be a furniture mover for all eternity...

There's almost nothing I hate worse than moving, and I'm so happy we just made a "semi-permanent?" move to Arizona this year.
I stopped counting at 12. We are done, bury me under the House.

I need to get rid of a lot of stuff before I move.
I've lived in the same house for 23 years now.
When a friend moved a month ago I gave her about fifty boxes to help with her move.
As much as I could fit in my little car!
That's what I did moving from 5000 down to 2400. Sold Furniture, most of my Home Improvement Equipment, Car, Motorcycle...list foes on. Best thing I did since most stayed in storage for a year and they Charged by the pound.

I drive/own a truck because we tow a boat several times a year. Guess who gets called when someone has to move :banghead:

I drive/own a truck because we tow a boat several times a year. Guess who gets called when someone has to move :banghead:
My buddy has not one but two full-size trucks, I've borrowed both. And still borrow the long bed, rwd Chevy that is low by modern standards for easy loading. He also has three trailers. The 10' I borrowed last weekend, a car flat-bed car hauler, we used to pick up the son's car when it needed work a few weeks before. And a dumpbed trailer that I need to borrow in the future to get rid of all the clutter in our house collected over the last two decades.

Back