Recent content by ad_l1b

1. ad_l1b

Are Range Finders Worth It?

I use Arccos for he most part, especially when I'm hitting out of trouble and trying to find a distance back to the fairway over some blind hill or other obstacle. That said inside of 150 when i can see the flag I use my rangefinder to verify flag distance as the GPS can get out of sync and give...
  2. ad_l1b

WTB G430 Lst

I have one I'm looking to sell, also have a unused Kai Li white stiff shaft. DM me if you are interested and want pictures
  3. ad_l1b

Suggestions on outdoor hitting cages?

10 x 10 x 10 net this has been working out well for me on my rooftop. I got some sandbags that you attach to fold out tents to make sure the wind and whatnot wont mess with it.
  4. ad_l1b

Best players distance iron

I for sure went down the GI->Players Distance ->Players CB route. Went from a T300 to a P790 and now in Pro 243. This progression has been beneficial for me as each step along the way I hit that uncomfortable period where I wasn't quite good enough to be proficient in the next set of irons, but...
  5. ad_l1b

Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

Anyone pairing the S23 50* wedge with the 243s? I'm in the process of doing a head to head with the S23 and my RTX6 50*. Haven't got on the Mevo plus yet which I'm sure will ultimately decide the winner, but curious if anyone else went down the road of matching up the S23? The S23 feels pretty...
  6. ad_l1b

Best players distance iron

P790 is the OG and its VERY forgiving (probably the most forgiving in this segment), Mizuno 245 best for feel, but overall I would say the ultimate Players distance set right now is probably a combo set of T150s - T200s.
  7. ad_l1b

Made the mistake of pulling out my P790s this weekend and hitting them back to back with my 243s. The P790 is suuuuuch a forgiving club, like I was bashing balls out of the heel and out of the toe and getting almost no ball speed drop. This is EXACTLY why I switched to the 243s, almost zero...
  8. ad_l1b

Yeah my buddy I play with all the time basically just told me to put on my big boy pants and get better with my wedge game, so go get a specialty wedge...he is of course 100% right. I think part of my problem is since I always had a set gap wedge I just always looked at it as another iron...
  9. ad_l1b

I just got my 243s and realized when I picked them up I forgot to ask them to order me the GW. For anyone gaming these is the GW worth the pickup or should I go pick up a CBX4 or RTX6? I normally use it for full shots and occasionally around the green if I need more roll out than my 54. I'm just...
  10. ad_l1b

2023 Cobra KING TEC Hybrids

Does this thing get up in the air? I crush my G430 (and it’s super forgiving off the face) but I get really low flight and land angle. I carry it around 205-210, 93-95 mph club speed, 140ish ball speed. My last session out with it average height was around 69 feet, landing angle was 35*. I want...
  11. ad_l1b

Cobra DARKSPEED Drivers Review

UGH the more I see this driver the more I wanna dabble with it…the LS is so fast
  12. ad_l1b

Hollow Body vs Cavity Back: Do you have a preference? Do you even care?

I am ditching my hollow/foam filled players distance irons for Mizuno CBs. Just better feel and feedback. I probably wont sell my p790s right away just in case I am crying in my soup two months from now. But actually even then I would still move to something like a T150-T200 blended set at the 8...
  13. ad_l1b

ANNOUNCEMENT The 2024 Albatross Club is Now Open

This is awesome, can't believe it took me so long to find this. Take my $$
  14. ad_l1b

I'm in this with you man and will be watching carefully, if I find anything helpful on my end I'll report back. The LS for sure has the promise of the extra potential yardage I TOTALLY get it :). I think I'm gonna book a fitting at Roger Dunn just cause it's cheap, and may head back to CC as...
  15. ad_l1b

I know at some point I'm gonna cave and buy one (or both) of these this year...I can't help it....I have a disease and the only cure is more ball speed ;)
Back