Recent content by 73monte

1. 7

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Driver

Really curious to know how the sound comparison is? Both have carbon heads so thinking somewhat similar. Is the Wilson more on the muted side?
  2. 7

Moving sucks.

Moving into my first house from home was the easiest thing I ever did. That's because I owned nothing! My next (family) move came 25 years later. Absolutely the worst experience of my life. My next move will be to the ground, and that would be much more enjoyable than moving again.
  3. 7

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Making the final step in ball progression. Used to play the highest spinning tour ball I could find, (B-330S), Then some years ago went to a softer urethane ball with the Duo Professional being my favorite of that category. Now, beginning this season, and at age 65, I've gone to a TM Soft...
  4. 7

Asics gel course duo boa?

I ended up buying these. Under $200 (Canadian), for boas is definitely a bargain at todays pricing. Wore than for todays round. They are really fantastic. Super comfortable, very stable, and awesome traction. You're not slipping in these. Not sure if these really qualify as a running shoe...
  5. 7

RIP Peter Oosterhuis

Very sad indeed. Always enjoyed his incite and perspective on the game.
  6. 7

Lawn experts?

Here's a question that I can not find the answer to, no matter how many times I reword it into Google. I had to reseed a damaged/dug up area of my lawn. Not that big, maybe 12'x12'. I know it's not good to put high nitrogen fertilizer directly onto newly seed lawns, but I would like to fertilize...
  7. 7

Mizuno ST-Z 230 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

This club is sort of the last piece of the puzzle for me. Gaming the ST-X 230, and just found a mint ST-Z 230 3 wood. The search continues for a 230 hybrid. Ironically, I was totally happy with the original ST_Z 3 wood, and never thought I would replace my 818h2 hybrid. Could be some failed...
  8. 7

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I suppose I could give examples, but want to emphasize, this view is just my opinion. I've noticed a phenomenon I refer to as getting soft. I've found that the same thing sort of happens to the human mind that happens physically when you stagnate. The body gets "soft". When I go to work, I use...
  9. 7

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

I'm 65 and could retire anytime now. Still working in somewhat of a stressful environment with a lot of challenges everyday. I find most get the financial side really dialed in. My bigger fear is taking away all of the challenges that a career has, esp. mentally. I could fill the time by...
  10. 7

Asics gel course duo boa?

Anyone have these? Close to pulling the trigger, as the price is pretty good for boas. Anything boa, which is my preference, have really gone up in price. Looking at these for a comfort walking shoe, but still prefer a traditional golf shoe look over the running shoe look.
  11. 7

Any health experts? Cholesterol?

OP here, Been about 6 months, and with diet and walking, have managed to take my total cholesterol down to 4.30. For 65 years of age, while not optimal, should keep me off of statins for now. See the Doctor on Friday for a review.
  12. 7

RIP Stephanie Sparks

Extremely sad. I really enjoyed her as a commentator, esp. on Big Break. She was very beautiful as well, so sorry to hear this news.
  13. 7

Cheap rangefinder?

https://www.costco.ca/caddytek-caddyview-v3-golf-laser-rangefinder.product.4000208610.html Forgot to mention, I'm in Canada. Found this one at Costco. Stupid question, but all the Canadian ones I've looked at seem to be in metres. I'm hoping they all have a mode function to convert to yards?
  14. 7

Cheap rangefinder?

LOL!!, I'm on of those. No cell phone for me. I'm sure there's not many of us left.
  15. 7

Cheap rangefinder?

There might have been a "cheap rangefinder" thread, so apologize if so. Wondering if anyone has gone this route and could recommend. I typically only play a handful of rounds outside of my home course, so looking for a rangfinder without the expense. I've seen some on Ebay as low as $50=$60, but...
Back