What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that was a tough course, we carved it up though. Both of us hit a lot of GIRS and FIRS, so it made golf a lot of fun. I pulled away with an 85- 41/44, I left some strokes out there but I am getting back to striking the ball well. TC was hammering his driver all day, it sure was fun to watch.

Sounds like everyones been shooting some great scores, nice going and its early season yet. My round sounds pretty similar to One-T's with a 42/44 for 86. Two holes on the front ate my lunch or I would have turned in a nice front round, then the wind shot up to 40 plus and wow, it was hard to keep the ball on the tee let alone hit the fw or greens. I thought I did a pretty solid job with the back 44 carding a double on #10 to start the back nine, lol, especially with a new putter. 32 putts and only 2 really close chips front and two on the back.

Played the Irish Course at Whistling Straits yesterday 44 front and 41 back. Course was in great condition besides the greens, they were full of sand so putting was very tough but it was the first day they opened. Straits course opens in a week but it didn't look like it was in great shape. Lots of cold weathe rin our forecast so i don't expect to play for a few weeks :-(

33, -2.
3/6 FW
4/9 GIR (meh)
3/5 par saves
11 putts
1.00 putts per GIR.

Liking my short game and putting so far this year, as well as my driving. The two bogeys were from missing in the wrong spot, the other 3 missed GIRs were all easy up & downs. Can't complain about the putting though. :)

33, -2.
3/6 FW
4/9 GIR (meh)
3/5 par saves
11 putts
1.00 putts per GIR.

Liking my short game and putting so far this year, as well as my driving. The two bogeys were from missing in the wrong spot, the other 3 missed GIRs were all easy up & downs. Can't complain about the putting though. :)

I want 11 putts through 9 holes. I had 20 yesterday.

I want 11 putts through 9 holes. I had 20 yesterday.

It's been going really well so far, been putting well since August/September last year actually. I had 25 putts in 18 holes the other week.

It's been going really well so far, been putting well since August/September last year actually. I had 25 putts in 18 holes the other week.

Fantastic! I know for a fact that putting is keeping me away from scratch. I'm really hoping the DART can assist me.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Not today but yesterday.

Hit at least 15 trees, put 2 easy pitch shots into a pond on the same hole, 2 balls out of bounds, and made 1 par (thanks to the only good swing I made all day). Over 20 strokes over my worst score. I'm not a happy golfer right now :skeleton:

Not today but yesterday.

Hit at least 15 trees, put 2 easy pitch shots into a pond on the same hole, 2 balls out of bounds, and made 1 par (thanks to the only good swing I made all day). Over 20 strokes over my worst score. I'm not a happy golfer right now :skeleton:

sounds like its bounceback time!

perfect day for a round
shot 42/40
should have been much lower but the greens were aerated and putts werent dropping
oh yeah it didnt help that my attempt to get on in 2 on the last par 5 found the water and i finished with a double
at least i got a birdie today but it shoulda been an eagle
im almost there putting together a complete round... i can feel it!

well, I played the worst 5 holes of my life today

played 9 total shot 48, was even on the last 4holes

Missed 2 birdie pits right on the endge of the cup and had a sweet up and down from the sand on the last hole.

HOWEVER

#10--a par 3, I was short right, then slapped a few niblicks around for a 7
#11-A long par 5, I topped my tee ball and a few other shots, took a 10

Had a ton of toppers, a ton of bad shots, not one good drive at all

putted well, cant believe I didnt shoot 60

Sunday will be another day!

I shot an 86 today at my home course. My short game was horrible and I'm going to need to hit the practice green and have a hours long chipping practice. The long winter really rusted up my chipping and short pitches. Hope to be shooting steady 80-82 soon.

I played 9 after work today and shot a 44, but man oh man it was sloppy. I have screwed myself up in the setup, somehow. Luckily my wedge play is always consistent so I was scrambling like mad!

Played 18 after work yesterday. Winds at 20 gusting to 35. 43 - 45 = 88. 33 putts.

Went out and played 9 last night and ended up with a ho-hum 40. Started out 2-under through 5, but ended up double-double-bogey-bogey to finish at 40...ouch. Thought I was on to something but I'll definitely remember those first 5 holes the next time I go out and try to improve on the last 4.

2/7 Fairways - not so bad as I had a few just in the first cut of rough
7/9 greens - felt great about this but the 2 greens I missed showed how I need to work on my short game.
17 putts - 3 putted the last 2 holes after hitting both GIR....not a pleasant way to end my round.

Shot 38 - 38 and missed two 8 foot birdie putts on the backside. Played 1 extra hole and birdied it from 4 feet, that gave me 3 birdies in 19 holes. Very good round for me.

Shot 38 - 38 and missed two 8 foot birdie putts on the backside. Played 1 extra hole and birdied it from 4 feet, that gave me 3 birdies in 19 holes. Very good round for me.

Wow, great round DD!

I shot 86 today at River Forest. My putting woes continue with 39 putts. I am hitting the fairways and GIRs well so just have to get rid of all those putts.

I shot 42 + 40 = 82 at our home course today with 41 putts. Much better putting round than Wednesdays round with DawgDaddy & SW Fla :thumb:.

I shot 42 + 40 = 82 at our home course today with 41 putts. Much better putting round than Wednesdays round with DawgDaddy & SW Fla :thumb:.
Dang Gray, you get those putts down you'll be easily shooting in the low 70's. I shot a 79 yesterday with 26 putts and an 81 today with 28 putts. Heck, you'd be breaking 70! You're ball striking must be really good. Mine, eh, not so much.

Dang Gray, you get those putts down you'll be easily shooting in the low 70's. I shot a 79 yesterday with 26 putts and an 81 today with 28 putts. Heck, you'd be breaking 70! You're ball striking must be really good. Mine, eh, not so much.

Good golfing Sean! Very solid consistent and solid scores.

Yea man my putting is my weak link at the current time but I'm trusting it will be much better soon. My current goal is to two putt every hole which would drop it down to 36 putts. That would be awesome for me. The problem with me is speed control or yips. I have a different putter in my bag that is going to bring my total count down and then the good rounds will come. My chipping is also not up to par. Combine poor putting and not getting your chips closer to the hole adds up wasted strokes. My ball striking was very solid today which makes me excited about how good it's going to be once the chips/putts start dropping.

P.S. DawgDaddy shooting a 76 today! Great round good buddy:clapp:.

man I cant get 82 with 30 putts lol

man I cant get 82 with 30 putts lol

Heck I had a good putting round today with only five 3 putts and the rest 2 putts:D. Seriously if you don't chip it close enough to make the one putts it can be a long long day. My chipping WILL be worked on prior to the golf outing in WPB :thumb:

Heck I had a good putting round today with only five 3 putts and the rest 2 putts:D. Seriously if you don't chip it close enough to make the one putts it can be a long long day. My chipping WILL be worked on prior to the golf outing in WPB :thumb:

Man we need to play a scramble together, cause the only thing I do well is PUTT, even with crappy chipping I manage to seldomly 3 putt

Man we need to play a scramble together, cause the only thing I do well is PUTT, even with crappy chipping I manage to seldomly 3 putt

We need you on our Scramble Team, for the afternoon round down in WPB :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back