Valero Texas Open [Spoilers]

That just made me laugh out loud! Although, I can't laugh too hard because I think I was second to last for the Masters.

I know, you were a few spots below me haha, thanks RORY!!

Ya think so? Maybe? Its because you have to make your picks on an IPad isnt it?

iPad2! I have an appointment with a "genius" to go over my picks.

iPad2! I have an appointment with a "genius" to go over my picks.

I have met a few of them. They appear to be golfers. I think you should take it to Daniel Tosh (the ending is the best)

My team's in, and unless there is a bunch of withdrawls before it starts, I'm good. I don't have Barnes on my team, so I am not too worried about anyone withdrawing! haha

I have met a few of them. They appear to be golfers. I think you should take it to Daniel Tosh (the ending is the best)

Haha funny how there is always some kind of video out there to fit right into a THP ribbing. Im glad this thread showed its face again I almost forgot to put in my team, not that it really matters after the last three weeks I have had.

Is the week even a PGA Tour event? Could have fooled me with the roster of golfers. It was very hard to pick fantasy players when 80% of the field are local high schoolers.

God what a boring field. I guess I'll be stuck with rooting for our hopeless Canadian superstar.

God what a boring field. I guess I'll be stuck with rooting for our hopeless Canadian superstar.

Mike Weir?

I'm still ticked that this week isn't the Heritage Classic on Hilton Head Island. That used to be the traditional week-after-the-Masters tournament, and the PGA Tour messed around with the schedule this year so that it's next week instead. Of course, that tournament is struggling to find a sponsor after this year, and most likely will go away if it doesn't find a sponsor, and things aren't looking good. Now that it's not right after the Masters, it'll have even a weaker field than normal. Anyways, I spent a bunch of my childhood vacations on Hilton Head Island, so I'm biased in that regard. Rant over.

In terms of this tournament, I still picked Adam Scott for my team since he's the defending champion, but I'm a little worried about a Masters hangover from him.

I'm still ticked that this week isn't the Heritage Classic on Hilton Head Island. That used to be the traditional week-after-the-Masters tournament, and the PGA Tour messed around with the schedule this year so that it's next week instead. Of course, that tournament is struggling to find a sponsor after this year, and most likely will go away if it doesn't find a sponsor, and things aren't looking good. Now that it's not right after the Masters, it'll have even a weaker field than normal. Anyways, I spent a bunch of my childhood vacations on Hilton Head Island, so I'm biased in that regard. Rant over.

In terms of this tournament, I still picked Adam Scott for my team since he's the defending champion, but I'm a little worried about a Masters hangover from him.
I was enjoyed watching Hilton Head. Great course and a great tournament.

I played a couple randoms in the mix this week. We'll see. I have to go check now for any WDs since I picked monday just to be sure not to miss the deadline...

Besides... no one's messing with the 88th overall amIright!?!?!?!

Martin Laird is going to storm it this week.

Masters hangovers will be in full effect, although you might also see a couple of good performances by those encouraged last week.

I always look forward to seeing golf on TV, and no there is no way this week can approach the excitement of last Sunday.

That Canadian Weir is 1 over through 1. Uh oh.... glad I didn't take him this week! :act-up:

Top 10 picks this week:

Geoff Ogilvy 74
Adam Scott 74

Ricky Barnes 56
Martin Laird 54
Anthony Kim 53
Bo Van Pelt 47

Ryan Palmer 43
J.B. Holmes 41
Angel Cabrera 34
Brandt Snedeker 33

That's my team in bold, and I also took Leishman, Howell and Hoffman.

Others picked by more than 20 people:

Charles Howell III 28
Jhonattan Vegas 27
Brian Gay 27
Stewart Cink 25
Spencer Levin 24
Tommy Gainey 21
Charley Hoffman 21
Jimmy Walker 20

My picks this week:

Stewart Cink
Charley Hoffman
Bo Van Pelt
Charles Howell III
Geoff Ogilvy
Jhonattan Vegas
Arjun Atwal
David Duval
Hunter Haas
Adam Scott

And my picks:

J.J. Henry
Ricky Barnes
Tommy Gainey
Jhonattan Vegas
Charles Howell III
Ryan Palmer
Justin Leonard
Adam Scott
Martin Laird
Geoff Ogilvy

Hey smalls, how many picks for Briny Baird this week?

Lefty Canadian is 3 over through 6. OUCH for you northerners!

Back