Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

TC, have you changed your set up much with the M2? I know that Jrod was not happy about the same thing (big draw) and he stepped up a bit closer to the ball and it went away. He was smoking that thing very straight last weekend.

Anyway, I forgot to stop back in to say thanks for the tip on the arrows on the grip. No lefties last weekend with the Mashie. Straight or fade, which is what I'm looking for.

I haven't tinkered to much to be honest. I haven't spent too much time with the M2 to tell you the truth. I hope to tinker a bit tomorrow.

I don't see them being so much different that you would see a big draw on the M2 and not the M3. I bet it's set up, but then again, I don't know know jack.

I don't see them being so much different that you would see a big draw on the M2 and not the M3. I bet it's set up, but then again, I don't know know jack.

I was putting the big draw on both dude to be honest. I only hit the M3 a couple of times as the M2 is new to me. I'll get it worked out I'm sure. The more I tried not to put the draw on it, it drew more. Paralysis by analysis I suppose.

I was putting the big draw on both dude to be honest. I only hit the M3 a couple of times as the M2 is new to me. I'll get it worked out I'm sure. The more I tried not to put the draw on it, it drew more. Paralysis by analysis I suppose.

I gotcha. Good luck man. Hopefully the grips will make a difference for you.

TC, I have the same problem. I thought I fixed it a couple of times but I was wrong. My swing is a little too under plane but it doesn't seem to affect any other club. I'll try standing closer to the ball.

And the final piece of my mashie collection has arrived, apparently assembled on the Cleveland tech van.....

My bag is complete, at least until the outing.

aefc5488-1908-5465.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I had a really good golf day on Monday with these! My first shot with the M3 was a short par 4 (311). All I need is about 200 yards and the M3 just delivers. Fantastic high ball flight that landed softly in the fairway. Missed my GIR and 3 putted for a 6 lol.

The next Mashie was my M1 on another short par 4 (291). Water to the right and this hole scares me. the green is elevated and on a dogleg right. Ill have to get a picture next time I'm on it. My M1 went left, bounced off a hill and landed in the rough. Sucked because I only had 100 to the green but it was elevated and I had to hit under the tree. Almost punched my 6i there but just hit a branch. Not a good hole lol.

The next time I pulled the Mashie out was a 585 yard par 5. Killed my driver off the tee and was left with a downhill lie on steep hill. I hate these shots. It was tough and I made great contact with the M3 but pushed the ball right. Duffed my next shot and had a nasty pin placement. Hit a great flop shot but couldnt stop the ball. 2 putt bogey.

The next time I pulled my Mashie out was on the 11th hole. Its a short par 5 at 472 yards. Dogleg left. The first part of the hole, fairway runs out after 242 yards. I pulled my M1 out. Blasted that M1 like I've never blasted it before. GPS'd 269. I flew to the very edge of the fairway it took a bounce rolled on the cartpath for about 15-20 yards. Easily my longest shot and it wasn't on the cart path long. I had 198 left to the hole (front of the green). The green is pretty small on this one. Long length wise but short from side to side depending where the pin is. I hit my M3 beautifully lol. But unfortunately it started leaking on my to the right. Wouldve been dead center though and probably stayed put. High ball flight. Well I had a short pitch for eagle...

Spoiler
ac90053e.jpg

What a great day with that club. But I knew I had some work to do. Could not figure out why I was leaking to the left with everything except my driver. I think I fixed the issue last night at the range after two buckets. I just drilling my clubs and my leak became a push which wasn't hard for me to fix either. What a great two days with this club. I'm excited to take this setup to the champions course!!!!

Nice stuff Yoccos! Sounds like it was a heck of a day with the mashie!

g4l- you've been talking about that getting that m5 for a while now, I can't wait to hear how it works for you.

I'm stoked for G4L. Lol, I may have to see if I can take the M5 for a hit or two haha. He absolutely kills the ball and I'm ready to see him tee it up again. That picture gave me funny feelings lol.

I picked up an M3 over the weekend. Played it on Sunday. Really like the club. Great control. I took the opportunity to hit off the tee, from the fairway, and from some pretty gnarly rough. Had awesome results with each shot. I'd like to try an M1 or 2 and see what I can do with them.

Thats awesome MD. Did you boot your old hybrid out? I think if you're a person who hits a hybrid well the M1 would be a great option to take a look at. I loved my 3w but found I was more consistant with the M1. You may really like it!

I picked up an M3 over the weekend. Played it on Sunday. Really like the club. Great control. I took the opportunity to hit off the tee, from the fairway, and from some pretty gnarly rough. Had awesome results with each shot. I'd like to try an M1 or 2 and see what I can do with them.

Thats awesome MD. Did you boot your old hybrid out? I think if you're a person who hits a hybrid well the M1 would be a great option to take a look at. I loved my 3w but found I was more consistant with the M1. You may really like it!

I still have the 4H in the bag, but have removed the 3 & 4 iron. I would love to be able to yank the 3w if I can get similar distance from a m1 or 2. As money turns up, I may replace my current 4h, but it's not a priority as I hit it pretty well. More interested in a Seemore, and a new driver at the moment.

you're officially King Mashie man....congrats on the new addition!
And the final piece of my mashie collection has arrived, apparently assembled on the Cleveland tech van.....

My bag is complete, at least until the outing.

aefc5488-1908-5465.jpg

I am loving my new M3 after only 2 rounds and a range session. I'm not meaning to be a thread skimmer, but &$@! there are a lot of posts on this bad boy!

So my question is this. Does anybody here game the M1 as opposed to a 3 wood? I'm sure someone does. I was just wondering the pros vs cons and how much more consistent is it than a 3 wood?

I like my R11 3 wood pretty good and can smash it pretty well, but am getting a bit tired of the mid ball flight that is causing some unpredictable kicks and runout. That gets me in trouble a bit. I'm thinking that the distance is gonna be pretty much the same here, but with a softer and more predictable landing.

Anyone?

I agree on the skimming/number of posts here. It would be a career move to try and catch up on this whole thread at this point. If I can hit a M1 off the fairway as well as I hit my current 3W AND gain the ability to hit it consistently from the rough, it's a no brainer.

There's quite a few people here who have done this or even play both. As far as consistency of 1 club vs. another that's probably up to the player themselves
I am loving my new M3 after only 2 rounds and a range session. I'm not meaning to be a thread skimmer, but &$@! there are a lot of posts on this bad boy!

So my question is this. Does anybody here game the M1 as opposed to a 3 wood? I'm sure someone does. I was just wondering the pros vs cons and how much more consistent is it than a 3 wood?

I like my R11 3 wood pretty good and can smash it pretty well, but am getting a bit tired of the mid ball flight that is causing some unpredictable kicks and runout. That gets me in trouble a bit. I'm thinking that the distance is gonna be pretty much the same here, but with a softer and more predictable landing.

Anyone?

I've got an M2 Matt. You could try it whenever you want.

Anyone?

My current bag makeup includes an M1, and I have taken the 3 wood out of the bag.

I would say that I'm probably giving up maybe 10 yards of distance, but am gaining a huge advantage in accuracy, and a much better club to hit the ball out of the rough. The M1 is a little harder to hit than the other Mashies, but easier than a 3 wood in my opinion. I may never go back to a 3 wood, or I would consider gaming a strong 3W for tee shots only or from great lies on the fairway for super long par 5 shots. Yes, that's pretty specific and I'm in no rush to do so. Now with the M1, M3 and M5, I actually only have 13 clubs in my bag so we'll see.

But to answer your question, you could absolutely game an M1 and ditch your 3W/4W.

you're officially King Mashie man....congrats on the new addition!

Thanks. I hit it great today at the range. It's even easier to hit than the mashie brethren and launches really high and lands nice and softly. This is going to be the perfect club for those pesky 200 yardish par 3s.

My Mashie struggles continue.........ugh!

I want to break something.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

My Niblick just breathed a sigh of relief knowing that you won't use it to nail pins on those pesky 200 yardish par 3's
Thanks. I hit it great today at the range. It's even easier to hit than the mashie brethren and launches really high and lands nice and softly. This is going to be the perfect club for those pesky 200 yardish par 3s.

I hit my M3 20.5 today three times and man was it fun to smash that Mashie :golf2:. I don't get to hit it as often as I would like but when I do, it is awesome. I have another club that is being tested that takes some priority. I have no doubt that I would love the M1 and you may see one in my bag at the outing next month :thumb:.

My Niblick just breathed a sigh of relief knowing that you won't use it to nail pins on those pesky 200 yardish par 3's

LOL. I don't think that was quite 200 yards :D

Itll come around broham. Its in your head right now but youll figure it out.

I dropped my 3w for a M1. I loved my 3w but the M1 is just better for my swing. More accurate even though just a tad less distance.

My Mashie struggles continue.........ugh!

I want to break something.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back