Cleveland Golf CG16 "Play it Forward" Promotion

I got back out with this over the weekend and have to say I was having a much better experiance with it. I still can't say this was extremely long, I consistantly hit it around 150 or a little further which is just say 5 yards longer than my Nickent 7 iron, but the club certainly feels sweet coming off the face and I hit it pretty straight both days. I never tried working the ball either way, but mostof the time I just try to keep things straight anyway.

Hmmm. I've played and tested quite a few irons in the last year and there were quite a few that had lofts comparable to the CG16's. Maybe TM is shady for putting a 6 where there should be a 7. That way people can feel more awesome when they hit a 6 as well as I hit my 7 iron.

You might be right there. Maybe you can answer this question for me then, Are most game improvement irons lofted like that now. I've been out of the game for some years and I've been trying to catch up on the equipment. The regular CG16's are a 31 7 and then the tours are a 34 7 which is a loft I'm more use to in a 7 iron

What we are seeing is that many GI or SGI irons are strongly lofted. Some of that has to with marketing and some with keeping the balance between loft and CG. With the weighting of many GI irons, you often need less loft to create comparable ball flight. Even many irons that are considered 'players irons' have lofts stronger than they may have had in the past.

What we are seeing is that many GI or SGI irons are strongly lofted. Some of that has to with marketing and some with keeping the balance between loft and CG. With the weighting of many GI irons, you often need less loft to create comparable ball flight. Even many irons that are considered 'players irons' have lofts stronger than they may have had in the past.

Thanks for the information and the clarity. With that being said I retract my previous statement about it being shady.

Thanks for the information and the clarity. With that being said I retract my previous statement about it being shady.

No worries. I imagine that things are quite different if you've been away from the game for awhile.

loving my CG-16 7 iron. these thing flies. i know its strong lofted but my machspeed flies about 150, 160 if i strike it dead center and a good swing on it. it can roll maybe to 165 ont he good ones. this cg-16 i was CARRYING 165 on the fly. that means the 5 iron would be like 200-210? wowzers.

SO I get home from work today and start to get ready to go out and play my first round of the year. I hear a knock on my door. I go outside to see that it is FedEx. WHat is he carrying??? a CLEVELAND/SRIXON box!!

I had no idea I was going to get a 7I. I didnt receive an email saying I was to get one. HOW AWESOME is that! Well, pictures are below. I am going to hit it tonight if I get a chance for a 7 iron shot.... Will let you know.

img2208eh.jpg

img2212e.jpg

img2213il.jpg

img2214c.jpg

SO I get home from work today and start to get ready to go out and play my first round of the year. I hear a knock on my door. I go outside to see that it is FedEx. WHat is he carrying??? a CLEVELAND/SRIXON box!!

I had no idea I was going to get a 7I. I didnt receive an email saying I was to get one. HOW AWESOME is that! Well, pictures are below. I am going to hit it tonight if I get a chance for a 7 iron shot.... Will let you know.

emanthei -- I think you will be pleasantly pleased :D!

Well, I just got back from the course. Unfortunately I only hit one shot with the new 7I. But I must say. Comparing it to my burner 2.0 7I just at address, it did seem pretty nice. It felt great in my hand and it looked very pretty. I had about a 160 yard shot to the green from the right side of the fairway. The grass is still thick because we are only about 1 full week into the season. Practice swing was great, then I chunked my shot. only went about 60 yards. Although I was extremely disappointed with my shot, I wasn't disappointed with the iron. It still felt pretty good. but I cant make too big of a judgement yet, since this was the first full swing with it. I hope to get out a few more times this week and hopefully it will have much better results. I am sure I will like this club based on first impressions, but who wouldn't with a free club they didn't expect to get.

Well, I just got back from the course. Unfortunately I only hit one shot with the new 7I. But I must say. Comparing it to my burner 2.0 7I just at address, it did seem pretty nice. It felt great in my hand and it looked very pretty. I had about a 160 yard shot to the green from the right side of the fairway. The grass is still thick because we are only about 1 full week into the season. Practice swing was great, then I chunked my shot. only went about 60 yards. Although I was extremely disappointed with my shot, I wasn't disappointed with the iron. It still felt pretty good. but I cant make too big of a judgement yet, since this was the first full swing with it. I hope to get out a few more times this week and hopefully it will have much better results. I am sure I will like this club based on first impressions, but who wouldn't with a free club they didn't expect to get.

It takes time to bond with a different club. Heck the first time I took the 7 - iron out I hit almost every shot with it. Hit it off the tee a few times and then I was sold. I had to try them out at our local demo. Ordered the whole set after demo day. It also fair to note that this club may not be right for you but at least you are getting the opportunity, to give it a test ride .

yea, i hear you there. I know it could take some time getting used to, but I just got my first full round in with my 2.0s so I am still learning them as well. I really like the burners but who knows, maybe this little 7I will change my mind. I am definitely not shutting it out. I know the one shot i took with it so far was completely my fault. Way too many mechanical flaws this round, haha

I was finally able to get out to the range with it. The good shots had similar distance to my Di11 today. I noticed I was able to make a harder swing with this iron. If I was in the market this set would definitely be I'm the running. Anyone in the San Antonio, or Austin area want a shot with this iron?

Looks like we have someone to take it!

Last edited:
I was finally able to get out to the range with it. The good shots had similar distance to my Di11 today. I noticed I was able to make a harder swing with this iron. If I was in the market this set would definitely be I'm the running. Anyone in the San Antonio, or Austin area want a shot with this iron?

I am in the San Antonio area and I would love to try it. I can come pick it up from you. Send me a message. Thanks!

CG16 play it forward who wants in?

CG16 play it forward who wants in?

I received a CG16 7 iron, part of the Cleveland CG16 play it forward promotion. I have tried it and it is now time to pass it on so if you're interested, let me know and I'll pass it on (if in the Salt Lake area) or ship it to you.

HoleOut 1983 please PM me for your shipping details.

Last edited:
I would like to try it if no one else has contacted you about it yet.

My son is stationed there ...Very Nice of you......

I wouldnt mind, havent played or tried Cleveland Irons before

on the same day TM emailed me and let me know that i would NOT be receiving a Burner 2.0, i arrived home and a CG16 7iron was waiting for me at my doorstep. as excited as i was, i knew that my good golf buddy has an older set of Cleveland irons and was missing a 7iron. so without even testing the club, i handed it over to him. after all, it is his birthday next weekend.
not sure if that's what Cleveland had in mind, but i felt pretty darn good about it...

on the same day TM emailed me and let me know that i would NOT be receiving a Burner 2.0, i arrived home and a CG16 7iron was waiting for me at my doorstep. as excited as i was, i knew that my good golf buddy has an older set of Cleveland irons and was missing a 7iron. so without even testing the club, i handed it over to him. after all, it is his birthday next weekend.
not sure if that's what Cleveland had in mind, but i felt pretty darn good about it...

I am sure that is not what they have in mind, but if he hits this new iron and really likes it, maybe he will buy the new Cleveland irons and "that" is what they have in mind. Very nice of you to hook your friend up with a new iron.

okay....who would like to try one of these out? I'm done with it!

I'd like to try it out if you don't mind shipping it as I'm in the process of trying to find new irons.

You've got a pm.

I'd like to try it out if you don't mind shipping it as I'm in the process of trying to find new irons.

Pm'd you back! Thanks a lot, this is what makes THP awesome.

Another shout out to a great THP member. Matt (aka mhachtx) was nice enough to drive out and meet me in order to let me try the 7 iron he got.

Thanks Matt for playing it forward! Thanks also for your service in the Navy.

Another shout out to a great THP member. Matt (aka mhachtx) was nice enough to drive out and meet me in order to let me try the 7 iron he got.

Thanks Matt for playing it forward! Thanks also for your service in the Navy.

Thanks for your service in the Air Force! Let me know when you want to go play, or eat, and if you need any other help in the San Antonio area!

Don't forget to register that bad boy!

Back