Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Nothing wrong with going Mashie, Mashie, Puttie for a birdie on a par 4 dude!

Ive been hitting the M1 a ton off the tee. When Im swinging good its a fairway finder. If it goes anywhere from 200 - 230 Im happy with that. Sometimes I'll go M1, M1 again on longer holes.

Nothing wrong with going Mashie, Mashie, Puttie for a birdie on a par 4 dude!

we saw a lot of Mashie - Mashie when we played a few weeks ago. Although I don't recall many resulting with a birdie

For the last 2-3 weeks I have been trying to decide if I need to purchase a M1. Here is my story and I look to my fellow Mashie lovers to post their thoughts.

Presently with the exception of my driver (Avg distance 230) I do not have a club in my bag to hit the ball more that 200 yards, the M3 I can hit from 180 - 195 and a little over 200 with a perfect swing and every thing going right. I have a Nickent #1 Hybrid that I picked up for $20 that is the same length as the M1 but is 14*and I have a very difficult time hitting it, maybe 2 out of 10 times, so I am thinking I might have the same lack of success with the M1. So here are two questions running through my head.

1) Is a club that I can hit 215-230 really needed in my bag? I figure I would need it on par 5s and the are usually only 4 per course and do I really need to reach par 5s in 2?

2) Is there much difference in distance between the M2 and M3? (a possible solution - get a M2) Maybe the M2 is easier to hit than the M1 and I can squeeze out a few more yards.

WR I am loving the M2. It's my short par4 driver and its my long par 5 go for it club. Off the tee this thing is a monster. I think I'm taking my 3W out because the M2 is almost as long and a little more accurate.

WR I am loving the M2. It's my short par4 driver and its my long par 5 go for it club. Off the tee this thing is a monster. I think I'm taking my 3W out because the M2 is almost as long and a little more accurate.

I was thinking the same thing CL, but like Kevin says the distance is very similar to the M3 so I think I am gonna try the M1.

I blame the wind and the flat sticks...the Mashies delivered the goods...especially G4L's M1 Tank...BOOM!

we saw a lot of Mashie - Mashie when we played a few weeks ago. Although I don't recall many resulting with a birdie

Finally got to hit the Mashie at an outside demo day yesterday and it's no where near over hyped. I was really looking to hit the M1 to replace my 3 wood but unfortunately the Cleveland rep didn't have one. I grabbed the M2 and let fly a shot...was shocked how sweet the flight was and how easy the ball shot off the face. Stunned, I went ahead and ripped off a few more then laughing I looked back at my buddy. We both agreed that I was knocking it much further than I hit my current 3 wood and straight too! It will take some planning but there will be at least one of these in my bag soon.

Dude, you were killing that mashie!

I blame the wind and the flat sticks...the Mashies delivered the goods...especially G4L's M1 Tank...BOOM!

it was windy today when I played, very similar to that day. I used the M1 off the tee a few times, my drives with it were 226, 229, and 221. The course was soft so those numbers are close to all carry. I only hit 1 from the fairway, I didn't hit it great but it still went over 200 for me. It was very accurate off the tee and will be a strong contender to stay in the bag for the year.

think i am finally going to pull a trigger on a M1 this week.
i am looking to ditch my 3 wood (B'stone J33) and my Wilson Fybrid 5 wood goes the same distance as my 3h TM Rescue Mid (my favorite club that wont leave the bag). so take 2 woods out of the bag and put in a M1.

i am selling my nike pro combos to my cousin to buy the M1. my wife is 8months preggers and is putting a tight squeeze on the golf spending. i guess i should say its more of a halt than a squeeze.

now if i can only figure out a way to convince her that a new clicgear 3.0 is to better health and not another golf toy!

I struggled a bit with the M1 today off the deck. It was a either/or day. Hit it sweet and long, or it sucked, nothing in between.

I practiced with my M3 during my lesson the other day and got to hitting it pretty good but I'm still not confident with it. Today I played with my 7 wood instead and I hit it so much better. I should have kept it in the bag. The M3 is out for now and the 7 wood is in. The M5 is a piece of cake and the M4 is darn good too. I just don't feel like I'm as good with the M3 as the 7 wood. It will get another shot soon once my game has improved.

Friday Grace's third Mashie, the M4 came in the mail. She now has the M2, M3, and M4. We went to the Dome tonight after the Kraft was over. Last time she the M@ and M3 she hit a few good ones, but was hooking most shots pretty badly. We know tempo is important as well as ball position. Seems it might be the opposite for most here for her swing, because she moved the ball up in her stance today, just a smidge back of where she plays fairway woods.

And was smashing all three of them. She was excited. I was probably more excited.

Kevin

Friday Grace's third Mashie, the M4 came in the mail. She now has the M2, M3, and M4. We went to the Dome tonight after the Kraft was over. Last time she the M@ and M3 she hit a few good ones, but was hooking most shots pretty badly. We know tempo is important as well as ball position. Seems it might be the opposite for most here for her swing, because she moved the ball up in her stance today, just a smidge back of where she plays fairway woods.

And was smashing all three of them. She was excited. I was probably more excited.

Kevin

Great stuff man, I think you / she will find they are even better when hitting off grass. The glide rails not work as well off mats so if she is hitting them well indoors, she will be Mashieing them outdoors.

Great stuff man, I think you / she will find they are even better when hitting off grass. The glide rails not work as well off mats so if she is hitting them well indoors, she will be Mashieing them outdoors.

This was a pretty good mat, but I hope you're right. She did hit them outside a few days ago, but she hadn't quite figured out the ball position, and it was really wet. As in spongy wet. She hit them okay, but a little low. I'm hopeful these things are really going to be the real deal for her.

Kevin

Hit the Mashie great today. Was about the only thing I could hit well. Just one of those days that I had no swing

I have got to get my hands on a Mashie..

I will hopefully be getting fit for new sticks in the next few months or so, so these guys will be on the top of my testing list!

Reckon I'll be pulling the trigger on the M2 this week. Can't hold back any longer!

I've been convinced by swinging even the regular shaft that the lighter shaft isn't a concern for me, and the stiff should be stout enough - especially as it seems the Mashie responds best to a controlled swing.

Purchased both the M2 and M4. Put both in the bag yesterday for the 1st time and could not have been more pleased. My buddies were laughing at me when I stepped up to the 220 par 3 into the wind with my hybrid. They all hit 3 wood and came up short. Hit the M2 and it pierced through the wind and actually went long. I had the last laugh. Love these clubs.

Hit the Mashie great today. Was about the only thing I could hit well. Just one of those days that I had no swing

Man that sounds like the same thing I had going on. Hit the driver terrible but the Mashie was good to me.

I just saw the strangest commercial for the Mashie. It was the kind of commercial that you would see for like ShamWow or something. "Try the Mashie now for only 3 easy payments of $49.95". I can honestly say I have never seen something like that for a golf club before. Well not from a mainstream OEM anyways.

Man that sounds like the same thing I had going on. Hit the driver terrible but the Mashie was good to me.

I hit everything terrible. Driver was all over the place and forget about irons. I chunked about 6 shots and shanked one too. Mashie was perfect though.

I just saw the strangest commercial for the Mashie. It was the kind of commercial that you would see for like ShamWow or something. "Try the Mashie now for only 3 easy payments of $49.95". I can honestly say I have never seen something like that for a golf club before. Well not from a mainstream OEM anyways.

That is strange. Rent-a-club?

I hit everything terrible. Driver was all over the place and forget about irons. I chunked about 6 shots and shanked one too. Mashie was perfect though.

Dude you were deleting that second post werent you? I kept trying to multi quote but it wouldnt work. I was doing the same thing yesterday but with my chips. Irons were all over the place.

Purchased both the M2 and M4. Put both in the bag yesterday for the 1st time and could not have been more pleased. My buddies were laughing at me when I stepped up to the 220 par 3 into the wind with my hybrid. They all hit 3 wood and came up short. Hit the M2 and it pierced through the wind and actually went long. I had the last laugh. Love these clubs.

I have the #2 an #4 as well. I hit the 4 very high but very straight. The 2 is more of a piercing trajectory. Both are longer than the same loft TMs they replaced. It is difficult for me to hit a bad shot with these -- I am really pleased.

Had a good range session with the Mashies today after work. Long and straight or long with a slight draw to it. I decided to move the ball back to just ahead of the middle of my stance and I was rewarded with a nice 'crack' followed by a consistent high but piercing trajectory which came straight down out of the sky. The Mashie is really something to behold when everything is clicking right. One thing I don't like about it is the feel I get when I chip or bump n run with it. The feeling is very hard and I think it's harder to control distance than with other hybrids I've hit

Had a good range session with the Mashies today after work. Long and straight or long with a slight draw to it. I decided to move the ball back to just ahead of the middle of my stance and I was rewarded with a nice 'crack' followed by a consistent high but piercing trajectory which came straight down out of the sky. The Mashie is really something to behold when everything is clicking right. One thing I don't like about it is the feel I get when I chip or bump n run with it. The feeling is very hard and I think it's harder to control distance than with other hybrids I've hit

That's interesting Hanks... I haven't tried my Mashies yet with a bump n run style shot. I'll have to try that out next time I'm at the range.

Regripped the M4 with a Winn Lite Firm. No issues with installation. Definitely feels better than stock offering.

Back