Forum Putter Testing Sign Up

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and this month we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

This is the first time THP has done forum putter testing and we thought it would be something incredibly unique and fun, as well as very informative to our readers.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or putting green).
10 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.
Signup is open to anybody.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the putter out frequently (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will also be asked to update the company's Facebook page with your findings as well. This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months.

There are 2 steps to this putter testing and the first one being fitting. If selected you will have a putter building and selection consultation with the company via the telephone. Once that takes place, your putter will be built and shipped to you from the company and your testing will begin.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to?
2. What is your current putter?
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

EDIT: The 10 Testers

Spaceman_Spiff
Chunkylover
The Due
MaryC
wcueb923
rrpruett
lcsmrtn
highscoreinky
Tomahawk18
mcook77

Last edited:
THP, raising the bar again! Well done. I love the idea of forum members testing putters, this should be a lot of fun to follow.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Center Shafted
2. What is your current putter? Seemore Si1
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer inserts. I prefer them b/c honestly, it's all I've really used. It's familiar.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I don't hole enough birdie putts.

This is awesome JB, another great chance! Thanks!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? #5 mid-mallet w/ double bent shaft/#4 blade w/ plumber's neck
2. What is your current putter? odyssey white hot tour #5
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Yes/no, I think the softer feel really helps me control the speed of my putts compared to the 'click' of a non-insert. This however, is completely material dependant [odyssey black series vs cleveland classic].
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Aligning my putts for lateral accuracy

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I am partial to a Anser style blade. However I find heel shafted mid-mallet very pleasing to my eye and easy to putt with.
2. What is your current putter? Current Putter is a SeeMore Si-4.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I perfer a firm feel. That means I tend to favor non-insert faced putters
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? My biggest weakness is a consistant putter stroke. I feel that I read distance and line well enough. Getting the stroke to send the ball down the proper line is the biggest weakness for me.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I'm a blade to mid-mallet kind of guy. Will play mallets but the blades and mid's in particular fit my eye the best. Typically center-shafted or flow-necks fit the bill the most.
2. What is your current putter? Piretti Matera right now, I am a complete putter junkie though.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer non-inserted putters for the feel and sound, I never get the same audimble tone that I personally like with insert putters. That does not mean I wouldn't game one though, I am simply very picky about inserts.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I can get a bit "handsy" from time to time and alignment is always one of my constant struggles.

Thanks for the opportunity to possibly be chosen THP!

First!! edit that: Fifth!!

(1) Putter Style: Anser/Zing style Blade
(2) Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant (try saying that 5 times fast) 2*flat, 4* loft
(3) I do NOT prefer inserts. I like the firm "click" of a metal face.
(4) My biggest weakness with putting is alignment. My feet always want to go closed, and my dominant right eye always makes me aim left.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I'm partial to mid-mallet or mallet putters
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Center Shafted, 35 in., with a Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-3, 35 in. back-up
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer inserts because I like the soft feel of them
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Biggest weakness currently is distance control.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I just switched to a more mallet shaped putter with a center shaft and it has improved my putting, so at the moment that is what I would say I am partial to.
2. What is your current putter? YES! Tiffany Center Shafted putter.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Not really sure about them. At this point I would say no insert because my last putter had one and my new putter, which I am putting much better with, does not have an insert.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Pace, pace, pace I leave so many putts on the right line within a foot it's absurd sometimes.

Since I have switched putters and seen such a dramatic improvement I am very interested in continuing to test out different putters and find the perfect one for me.

Once again, thanks to THP for continuing to give back to forum members and for considering me in this testing. Cheers.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Anser / Del Mar
2. What is your current putter? C&L 350 Milled CL-1
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No inserts. I have just never been comfortable with feel of an insert. Some are too soft or feel very plastic like for my liking.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Reading breaks of the greens

This is another great testing opportunity. Thank you THP!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mid-Mallet
2. What is your current putter? Nike Method 003
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I am more accustomed to putters with an insert, but as long as there is a soft feel I'm happy.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I tend to push putts

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!!!!! Thank you THP and Putter Company to be named later! Fantastic opportunity and I can't say thank you enough.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I like the blade style putter but also like a mid mallet as well. I switch back and forth.
2. What is your current putter? I'm currently gaming a Nike Method 001. My previous putters were Wilson Staff 8881 and Odyssey White Hot XG330.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer an insert. I like the perceived feel of control I get from it. Some of my biggest fears other than being offline is putting the ball too far past the hole. Those fast downhill putts got me good last year in Florida.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I've been having a terrible time with alignment/aim lately. I easily lost 4-5 strokes the last round because I was burning edges. I put myself in great position to save par and just ruined it with bad aim. It was quite frustrating.

Thanks THP for another great opportunity.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I'd prefer a mallet center shafted.
2. What is your current putter? Yes! Tracy II (blade).
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I would prefer inserts because I liked the feel of my insert in the previous putter compared to my current "C Groove" face. (But maybe it just needs more time?)
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Aligning the short straight putts (inside 10 ft). If its straight I tend to push with the heel shafted blade.

Great opportunity for THP!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mallet, heel shafted slightly toe weighted
2. What is your current putter? Yes Ashley
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Yes, I like the soft feel I get with inserts. I think they help me roll the ball smoother
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Speed to keep the line

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade or mid size mallet - heel shafts
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey Black i-9 Series
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Inserts or soft metal for feel on the greens
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? distance control and pulls

This one sounds very cool.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I prefer a blade style putter with an offset

2. What is your current putter? Nike Ignite Blade

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have only used putters with inserts because that style tends to be in my price range. I have tested non-insert putters in store and I like the feel. It would be interesting to see the differences over an extended period of time.

4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I feel like I read my lines pretty well but I tend to struggle with speed. Seems like I normally come up short.

Thanks THP!

This is another great opportunity from THP. Looking forward to reading the reviews.

This is sooooo in my wheelhouse. If I could have a job testing putters I would.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Face balanced mid or mini mallet (not too fond of full size or MOI mallets)
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey white hot XG Hawk
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer inserts or a milling process specifically to soften the face. I prefer the feel of a softer face and feel like a softer face allows me to release the putter better.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Shorter putts. I don't feel as if I have "time" to make a rhythmic stroke on short ones.

Thanks THP for the opportunity!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mini-Mallet
2. What is your current putter? Oddysey White Hot Tour 9
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer inserts. For me the insert helps with consistent distance conrol.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Alignment and getting putts started on the right line.

Thanks again THP for another great opportunity!

Putter help.....I'm in!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade/Mallet Combo.
2. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron Del Mar.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Have played with both - no perference either way.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? getting the ball started on the right line.

Thanks THP for another great opportunity for this community!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? No preference - I've liked blades, mallets, heavy, perimeter, etc.
2. What is your current putter? Rife 2-Bar, center shafted, 33", 68* flat
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No, Inserts are less consistent than metal-faced.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? The takeaway.

(I'm really interested in testing a side saddle putter, and that technique)

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade
2. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron Studio Design 3.5
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have no prference only because I have never really used inserts
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Keeping the putter square at impact

This sounds like a great opportunity for people to try some different putter designs.

1. What putter style are you partial to? Blade/mid-mallet.
2. What is your current putter? TaylorMade Rossa Daytona Sport I
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have only used putter's with inserts so I cant say that I would like or dislike one without an insert.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Alignment.

This is a great idea, putter is so important in your bag! Can't wait to hear the reviews I know a lot of people talking about replacing old putters this year!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to?
Mallet (right now)
2. What is your current putter?
Odyssey Sabertooth
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?
This is not something I have really considered when buying a putter, for me it is about feel and weight so I can really go either way
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting?
Lining myself up, sometimes because I am playing too quickly, most of the time I don't line myself up correctly with my mark

I am already testing a product so that eliminates me however it will be very interesting to follow a putter review . This should be really awesome and a great opportunity! Good luck to all who enter.

Outstanding opportunity for some lucky forum members!! Good luck to all that enter!!

Back