Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

Played today with a gentleman probably 65 years young, and his swing was as flat as flat could be. He would aim literally 20 yards left so he could slice the ball into the fairway....well thats great in theory but the wind was just wreaking havoc on his shots. I had 2 of these in my bag so I tossed one to him about the 8th tee and told him to line it up dead straight and swing away. I think i made this mans year. He was giddy as a schoolboy when his shot went dead straight even with a 15 MPH prevailing wind left to right. I gave him the info of the company and their URL and he said he would be ordering a dozen, and could think of probably 3 of his friends that would do the same.

It felt really good to make what seemed like this guys year. Judging by his swing he probably hadn't hit the ball straight in 15 years. It made me feel really good to see someone enjoying the game like it was brand new again.

"Illegal" or not, it really gave me a new perspective on the ball. Well done Polara , as long as you don't try to hide the fact they are non conforming I am all for this product being used in the proper scenario's.

Played today with a gentleman probably 65 years young, and his swing was as flat as flat could be. He would aim literally 20 yards left so he could slice the ball into the fairway....well thats great in theory but the wind was just wreaking havoc on his shots. I had 2 of these in my bag so I tossed one to him about the 8th tee and told him to line it up dead straight and swing away. I think i made this mans year. He was giddy as a schoolboy when his shot went dead straight even with a 15 MPH prevailing wind left to right. I gave him the info of the company and their URL and he said he would be ordering a dozen, and could think of probably 3 of his friends that would do the same.

It felt really good to make what seemed like this guys year. Judging by his swing he probably hadn't hit the ball straight in 15 years. It made me feel really good to see someone enjoying the game like it was brand new again.

"Illegal" or not, it really gave me a new perspective on the ball. Well done Polara , as long as you don't try to hide the fact they are non conforming I am all for this product being used in the proper scenario's.

Great job JRod in making that Gentleman's day and not to mention some potential long term customers for Polara!

If I wasn't on the Droid I would give you all my rep. Awesome move man!

I think that's the beauty of this ball, it can make golf more enjoyable and be a real asset to growing to game.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Great stuff JRod, thats the market for this ball for sure. Not the age, but that type of player.

Very cool JRod! I have 7 of mine left I think and I plan to use them to spread the word as I play with people that I can tell would benefit from the product.

Good deal JRod, I am sending 4 to a friend who is curious about these, and being as I have not lost any, I want him to get the chance to see for himself exactly what all of the other testers are saying about this ball.

This is one of the more interesting review threads I've read since joining. Love reading the differences of opinion. Truly shows that golf is a game of personal tastes.

love that story!

thanks buddy, if distance isnt something they care about and its just a straight ball then I think they will be just like my dads buddy...happy! Have fun with the boss tomorrow

We had a great round and you know what? It was super fast. I'd say in a given round between the 3 of us at least 25 minutes would be wasted over the course of the day trying to find someone's ball. Today? We only had to look once and only lost two balls (both of which were lake shots by me). It was just blinking stunning. Not only did we not waste time looking for balls but because we were all either in or near the fairway all day a gajillion strokes were saved.

Now it wasn't all kittens and rainbows. My boss can drive the ball a country mile with his Super Deep, he just can't keep it in play, but he likes to do his drive. I told him it wouldn't work the same and after a try he believed me. Was being in the fairway most of the time better then the almighty driver crack for him? I don't think it was. He liked it, but it was missing the pizazza from his game.

Good stuff CB....interesting that you think these feel about the same off the putter as other balls do.....

I agree in finding that interesting. To me, these feel like putting with a Pinnacle hot shot instead of a E6 or Zstar. However CB's putter does have a softer insert then mine and of course we're all going to feel things differently. Still, that's not a comment I've seen from any of the other guys which intrigues me.

Hit the course again this weekend and thought I would try out the 3-piece ball this time. Last week was the two piece Polara and I was pretty impressed with it and how it worked on a tight little course. Last week I kept the driver in the trunk of the car and used a 3 wood or less and the less expensive ball performed remarkably well. On a longer course this weekend so the driver made its way back into the bag and at 9* I was going to follow the manufactures suggestion and not try it there, most of the time. Of the two version of this ball I did like the feel of the two piece better in my hand but the three piece one wasn't that far off. I did put it to play on the par 3's and a few of the tighter par 4's. Length with the shorter irons wasn't an issue and the 3 wood drives maybe where down 10 to 15 yards from the normal 225. This ball did keep me on the fairway and straight but I thought I was going to be taking a step up with it over the two piece ball and I just didn't see it. It actually felt a bit tinny of the club as well as a bit heavier then the two piece if you can believe it. On both days of testing it was around 50* out so it couldn't have been the temperature that was causing this. I let my playing partner hit a few along with his normal ball and his comment was that it felt like hitting a heavy Top Flight. I didn't think that remark was to far off from what I was feeling off of my club head. The technology works, I never lost one of these balls during the last round and with all the rain lately there was water,water every where. Its just if you had a choice of these two balls off the shelf and picked the more expensive one you might expect just a better feel on the shots with them. In my opinion so far during this test I have been much more impress with the two piece ball. So far I have only lost one of the dozen and I plan to keep them in play for as long as I can and see what happens as things warm up. Please I hope things warm up. I think I will try the 3 piece again and see if it can make a better impression on me. Thanks Polara and THP its been fun and will continue to be that way.

Seriously, that is awesome. That's what it's all about to me. There are people who just want to play and have fun. This ball seems like it could help them do that.

Hit the course again this weekend and thought I would try out the 3-piece ball this time. It actually felt a bit tinny of the club as well as a bit heavier then the two piece if you can believe it. On both days of testing it was around 50* out so it couldn't have been the temperature that was causing this. I let my playing partner hit a few along with his normal ball and his comment was that it felt like hitting a heavy Top Flight. So far I have only lost one of the dozen and I plan to keep them in play for as long as I can and see what happens as things warm up. Please I hope things warm up. I think I will try the 3 piece again and see if it can make a better impression on me. Thanks Polara and THP its been fun and will continue to be that way.

i am wondering how this ball will perform in hotter temps its supposed to get to mid 70s today and i wanna take it out on a test drive today if i get the chance

Russ I've been playing it in mid 70's temps, still a tad shorter but I'll take 3-5 yds less in exchange for 10-15 yds less right.

i am wondering how this ball will perform in hotter temps its supposed to get to mid 70s today and i wanna take it out on a test drive today if i get the chance

That is fantastic JRod. Congrats man. Had to feel incredible to make someones day like that.

I finally got a chance to use these on a course, and not just on a sim where I didn't see any discernible change in ball flight.

My miss the last time out was a push off the tee and a pull off the deck (go figure how that happens). In the cases where I pulled out the ball and just went at it I really didn't see a huge change in results. That isn't to say that these balls didn't work- they worked very well in producing a straight ball flight... but a pure push still goes off to the right, it just doesn't fade on top of it. These balls are perfect for the golfer who's ball starts down the target line and then the spin kills it in one direction or another. When I made an effort to slice the ball off the tee and started the ball down the target line I was able to see BIG reductions in overall sidespin.

I really enjoy having these balls in my bag, and I think that even after all of the testing balls are gone (haven't lost one yet, but given several away) I will buy a dozen just to keep around. I think my father will benefit from them the 2 times a year he plays and that there is always someone like in JRods story that hasn't hit a straight ball in years. If I can give them a ball (legal or not) that makes them happy then I am happy to do that.

well done jlbrown. good luck withthe next go round with the 3 piece!
Hit the course again this weekend and thought I would try out the 3-piece ball this time. Last week was the two piece Polara and I was pretty impressed with it and how it worked on a tight little course. Last week I kept the driver in the trunk of the car and used a 3 wood or less and the less expensive ball performed remarkably well. On a longer course this weekend so the driver made its way back into the bag and at 9* I was going to follow the manufactures suggestion and not try it there, most of the time. Of the two version of this ball I did like the feel of the two piece better in my hand but the three piece one wasn't that far off. I did put it to play on the par 3's and a few of the tighter par 4's. Length with the shorter irons wasn't an issue and the 3 wood drives maybe where down 10 to 15 yards from the normal 225. This ball did keep me on the fairway and straight but I thought I was going to be taking a step up with it over the two piece ball and I just didn't see it. It actually felt a bit tinny of the club as well as a bit heavier then the two piece if you can believe it. On both days of testing it was around 50* out so it couldn't have been the temperature that was causing this. I let my playing partner hit a few along with his normal ball and his comment was that it felt like hitting a heavy Top Flight. I didn't think that remark was to far off from what I was feeling off of my club head. The technology works, I never lost one of these balls during the last round and with all the rain lately there was water,water every where. Its just if you had a choice of these two balls off the shelf and picked the more expensive one you might expect just a better feel on the shots with them. In my opinion so far during this test I have been much more impress with the two piece ball. So far I have only lost one of the dozen and I plan to keep them in play for as long as I can and see what happens as things warm up. Please I hope things warm up. I think I will try the 3 piece again and see if it can make a better impression on me. Thanks Polara and THP its been fun and will continue to be that way.

Very Cool JRod. Thats what I have been doing, giving them to some players that can use them more then me on certain days. Yesterday I gave one to one of my brothers friends. He shoots in the 100 ++ range. He loved it. He has no interest in posting scores or playing in tournaments, he just wants to have fun and not have to look for his ball all round while we are all looking with him. Gets old for all of us. I believe this is the target market for this ball and I think it will do well with that group of Golfers. Also for people just starting to play golf. We all know how hard it is to go out with someone that is just starting and all have a good time, let alone the group that is following us. no more Army golf (left, right, left) this Ball can be a great for curing that. Pluse the golf cart might even make it an entire round without running out of power :banana:

Well on the last day of our golf trip I decided to play the B330-RX for the front 9 and the Polara XS on the back. Wouldn't you know, on the 3rd hole my swing completely left me. I double bogeyd the hole, then lost 3 balls on the 4th. Nedless to say, I was not a happy camper. I decided to bring the XS in a bit early and started with it on the 5th. I finished the front 9 hitting my last 4 of 4 fairways and found the center of the green on the one remaining par 3. After a quick stop at the pro shop for a couple of gatorades, I decided to give the RX another chance on the back 9 since I was feeling confident once again. I finished the back 9 hitting 6 of 7 fairways. I don't know if the Polara helped work some kinks out, but it certainly gave me a confidence boost that I badly needed. It was the perfect mid-round solution for a game that completely left me. I will probably keep a sleeve of them in the bag for situations exactly like this. I ended up enjoying the rest of my round far more than I would have if I didn't have the Polaras with me.

Well on the last day of our golf trip I decided to play the B330-RX for the front 9 and the Polara XS on the back. Wouldn't you know, on the 3rd hole my swing completely left me. I double bogeyd the hole, then lost 3 balls on the 4th. Nedless to say, I was not a happy camper. I decided to bring the XS in a bit early and started with it on the 5th. I finished the front 9 hitting my last 4 of 4 fairways and found the center of the green on the one remaining par 3. After a quick stop at the pro shop for a couple of gatorades, I decided to give the RX another chance on the back 9 since I was feeling confident once again. I finished the back 9 hitting 6 of 7 fairways. I don't know if the Polara helped work some kinks out, but it certainly gave me a confidence boost that I badly needed. It was the perfect mid-round solution for a game that completely left me. I will probably keep a sleeve of them in the bag for situations exactly like this. I ended up enjoying the rest of my round far more than I would have if I didn't have the Polaras with me.

Glad that it was able to get your swing or at least your confidence back on track. Maybe that is what they are best used for.

Stopped by the course after work today for some pitching and chipping practice. I've had somewhat of a break through with my ball striking and wanted to put it to the test with the Polara XS and US balls.

Pitching: I've noticed with the XS balls it didn't matter if the flight line was perpendicular to the target or not, I could get the ball to hop and stop rather nicely. The US still had a few extra feet of roll out, though I've done better with them now that I understand how they preform. I don't have the back spin several feet after a shot in my wheel house, so a hop and stop is just wonderful for me. Both the XS and US can take quite a beating from my Callaway mac daddy grooves and still are playable.

Chipping: Great chipping success today with the XS, chipped two in from the fringe, 8 yards. The US had slightly more roll out though predicable.

Looking forward to getting out on the course with these later this week! Thanks THP and Polara!

Russ I've been playing it in mid 70's temps, still a tad shorter but I'll take 3-5 yds less in exchange for 10-15 yds less right.

well i didnt get a chance to go out since i had to drive my parents to dr's appt's and even if i did the weatherman lied cuz it never got passed 50
3-5yrds isnt bad at all... its the 10-20 even 30 that ppl are seeing thats kinda trippy
hitting fw's is a big advantage for me... id rather be short than have a lost ball or ob penalty... if only i could hit more greens hahaha
if it doesnt rain tomorrow im definitely gonna take these out again

Well I got out with the Polara balls for a few quick holes after work. First I will comment on the feel. The balls feel firmer than other balls I have played, however it didn't really bother me too much. I spent about 20 minutes on the practice green chipping and putting with these before I hit the course. I find both balls very consistent in performance from shot to shot. They seem to release on pitches very consistently and roll true off the putter. Some may not like the firm feel of these balls but I found they didn't bother me at all. This could be due to my putter being a insert variant and my wedges being Taylormades XFT wedges. I find these wedges to have a very smooth soft feel at impact. I decided I was going to play the 3 piece Ultimate Straight XS ball and started on the back nine. The 10th hole is a straight 330 yrd par 4. After reading the instructions that were provided with these balls I changed my R11 loft to 10 degrees from my regular 8 degree setting and teed the ball up a tad higher hoping this would give me a better launch angle to get some distance out of these balls off the tee. My normal ball flight is straight to a small draw so I knew the only way I was going to see if these balls actually do what they claim was to go after one. I know that there is a good chance I will hook the ball a good 30 yrds if I REALLY let loose on one of these. So l looked down made sure the Polara alignment aid was pointing at the green and I let loose!!! I mean I really went after this one!! It almost felt like I was coming out of my Adipures if that is even possible!! I was amazed to see the ball go dead straight!!! I mean it left the tee and flew dead aim at the green. I was like wow!!! Can I really swing like an ape and not worry about going left? Right? OB? Needless to say I was slightly impressed. I did notice the ball flight was lower than normal and looked to carry less. I got to my ball and pulled out my Skycaddie to see 48 yrds to the center of the green!!! A 282 drive that's not bad!! It is definitely shorter than where I am normally but if I was a golfer who is plagued with a bad slice or hook i would give up the 15 to 20 yrd loss any day to be in the short grass!!!! The pin was around 57 yrds so I grabbed my 58 degree wedge and hit a nice low spinner at the pin. The ball hit bounced and rolled out to about 20ft passed to pin. Not exactly what I had planned. My Pro V1x or Pentas with usually hit the green bounce and stop on that shot!! Not a big deal tho just means I need to play the shot with this ball a bit different and allow for the run out. I then line up my 20ft putt and put a good stroke on it and just miss by a couple of inches low side leaving me a easy tap in for par. First hole impressions. High loft driver is definitely a bonus with these balls as they need a high launch angle to make up for the lack of spin. Approach shots need to be played short of the hole to allow for the roll out! Feel off the putter seems to be good, distance is similar to what I normally see off the putter. All in all the ball seemed to do what it is supposed to do and performed well. Ok off to the 11 hole. Now we have 182 yrd par 3 that is slightly downhill. I decide to go one club longer cause if I end up short on this one I am in big trouble and a big number is very possible. Normally I would hit my 7 iron but decided to go with my 6 to be safe. I tee the XS up with the alignment aid towards the target and give it a nice smooth swing. Everything seems normal!! The ball flight seems similar to what I would normally see and yup it is going dead aim where I wanted it to go. But whats this??? I went long? Really? These balls seem to be going the same distance or very close to what I would normally hit my mid iron shots. I can only assume that the similar distance is attributed to the loft of the irons vs the driver. I get to the Polara ball and I am around 10 yrds off the back of the green and I am faced with a uphill pitch of around 25 yrds to the pin. This time I'm going to be smart about this and land the ball short and let it release like i am sure it will!!! I hit my shot and land it around 5 yrds on the green and the ball ever so nicely rolled towards the pin and stopped around 3 ft from the hole!!! Sweet I though this is my automatic no brainer distance!!! I always make my 3 ft putts!!! LOLOL yeah right shudda kept my mouth shut I thought as i pulled it 3 inches to the right for a lovely bogie!!! So I head to the 12 hole which is a 534 yrd par 5 dogleg right. Hmmm good chance to see if i can fade this ball. Now on this hole I decided to hit 2 balls. First one I hit with the alignment aid pointed straight down the fairway and I setup for a fade. The ball came off the club low and never even thought about fading it just went straight down the middle and straight through the fairway and into the rough at the dogleg bend. The second ball I teed up and did not point the alignment aid down the fairway. I setup for the fade again and gave it my best swing. This drive was better, it came off the driver at a better launch angle and started to fade a bit!! Not a lot but it was fading. I got to my ball which ended up in the short grass and checked my skycaddie and I had 246 left making that drive 288. I decide to hit a 3 iron towards the green which I usually get 240 yrds with a good contact. I wanted to see how this ball was going to work with the lower lofted long irons, which is why I went 3 iron instead of my 17 degree hybrid which I could easily reach the green with. I gave it a good swing and made great contact and once again the ball flight was much lower than I expected. I measured the shot on my skycaddie and I only got 211 outa my 3 iron leaving me 35 yrds to the green. I hit a high pitch right at the pin to see if I could land it soft and minimize the roll out. The ball hit the green and only rolled about 5 ft leaving me a pretty straight putt for birdie. I made the birdie and called it a day. After my short time with these balls I do have to say that I am very impressed with these balls in terms of them performing as advertised. I am a bit disappointed in the lack of green side spin and the poor performance on lower lofted clubs, but this can be adjusted for. Are these balls for me? I'd have to say no. Do I know people who could benefit from the Polara balls? Absolutely!!!! So part 2 of my review will be collecting the thoughts of the people who can benefit from this ball. Hi handicappers and fellow golfers who have problems keeping the ball in play off the tee. This weekend I will be playing with my first hi handicap player who suffers from a slice and has never broke a 100. I plan on helping him with the aid of the Polara Ultimate Straight golf ball to accomplish this task. To be honest I think he will have a good chance of doing it as well, as he looses a huge amount of strokes off the tee due to his inconsistent and unpredictable tee shots. Once again I would like to thank THP and Polara for this opportunity. I am really enjoying the testing process so far and plan to have a lot of fun with this and hope my review helps others to see what these very cool balls from Polara are all about!!

Cheers!!

I hit a few shots with the Polara this evening. I am still hating the distance I get from the tee box, but it definitely is going straight. I decided to hit a few shots with the R11 T3 tonight. I dropped a couple 3 piece balls by the 250 yard marker on a par 5. I pulled the first one into a green side bunker, but it actually had a mid trajectory. That is somewhat of an improvement from previous shots with low lofted clubs. The second went right where I aimed and ended on the front fringe of the green. The ball went dead straight and rolled onto the fringe. I could exactly see where it landed, but it definitely carried probably 220ish yards. I hadn't hit any bunker shots with the Polara yet, so I took a swing on the previous shot I hit in there. I wasn't sure what to expect from the sand, but played it like I would any other 15 yard bunker shot across the green. I played the ball how it landed in the bunker and put a good swing on it. The ball landed and immediately spun 5 feet right. I was kind of surprised at how much spin I was able to put onto the ball. I had about 8 feet left for my putt and actually sunk it, which was nice.

I have let a few of my higher handicap buddies take a few swings with the Polara. The ball has delivered as promised. They found the fairway more often than not and didn't hit the big slices they normally are accustomed to. They did manage to push a few shots, but when they put a decent swing on the ball it went straight down the fairway.

Mojo, that is a hard read right there! Throw us a bone and break that baby up into some paragraphs!

Mojo, that is a hard read right there! Throw us a bone and break that baby up into some paragraphs!

Sorry andimetrum!! I posted from my Iphone which makes it a bit difficult to make everything pretty. I will wait to post the 2nd part of my review when I can get on my pc if that makes it easier on you.

Cheers!!

Back