Premier League 2010-11 Season (Spoilers)

Torres? People are actually starting to bet he won´t score in the Epl this year.... :D

National team break coming up, then its a supercharged april with lots of good matches! Can´t wait!!

Torres will definitely get at least one in the EPL this year. I'm guessing you're just poking at Samson though. Luiz has looked very impressive. I wish he played for Arsenal.

Found a show titled Arsenal World on the YES Network and I was excited to watch it , but it was somewhat lame. Everything Gunners related has been disappointing lately though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until Wenger unclenches a bit and buys the players he needs I don't think that will change mate. I understand that he's trying to grow the team together but there are some gaping holes that he can't fill with budget line players (I really like Squil as a defender. Sevilla is one of my favorite teams and he was ace there but he's not really suited to the Prem IMO. He needs a good partner and is more about the positioning rather then the burly. I bet if he was partnering Thiago in Milan he'd look like a new man).

That seems to be one of the problems to me. They bring in players that are much better suited for other styles of play and different leagues sometimes. As long as they stay in the top 4 this year, I won't be overly upset.

They'll still be top four but they've got some issues to resolve
A: Fabregas is going to go sooner or later. What's the plan for when it does?

B: Van Persie is an excellent player but is injuried so much, you can't count on him. There needs to be a plan besides commitee goal scoring when he's out. Chamkah is a brilliant target man and will likely chip in with 10 or 15 goals plus a number of assists but they need the pure 20 goal scoring forward to help out. Benzema would be an excellent fit if Real ever let him go (likes the ball played to his feet, something on Barca does better for their forwards then Arsenel)

C: Defensive holes are still the biggest problem. Song has no compairible in the team (Denilson and Diaby? Pbbft. Both serve no purpose except silly cup games that Wenger wishes he didn't have to play) and if Arsenel ever has to try and shut someone out of the game they're screwed. The defensive system needs to be swapped to a pressure system that the forwards buy in to (Chamkah is again key here. Blanc used this in France and they were quite good at it). A classy partner for Vermalean needs to be found. Look at how good the partnership of Terry and Carvalho was for look long. Well Verm is the Carvalho of that tandem. A proper Terry CB would definately help. Someone like Cahill could slot right in and be an instant success.

I'd love to see them bring in Hazard. Capoue seems like he would fit into what Wenger likes to do. Cahill would be great to pair with Verm in the back. Oxlade-Chamberlain could become a real stud and I wouldn't mind seeing him join the squad. M'Vila would be nice too, but I'm sure Rennes would want a huge fee. Lukaku could become a heck of a striker, but I think he's staying another year at Anderlecht. Verm wants them to bring in Vertonghen from Ajax. Not so sure about him for the Gunners, but if he and Verm can work well together he could be a nice guy to have on the squad. Stekelenburg would be nice since I can't stand Almunia and I'm not to sure about Szczęsny. Castaignos has been compared to Henry so I'm interested in him, but Tottenham are intrigued also. Kjaer from Wolfsburg would be a nice addition too.

A couple of those wants are already spoken for though

Hazard is 50/50 between Madrid and the Gunners. Should be an interesting choice he makes
Cahill I think would be the best defensive option but Bolton's going to want at least 15 mil
Lukaku is going to Chelsea to be the next Drogba
Verm if he moves will likely go to ManU since VDS wants him to be his replacement. Plus he's going to be a good 15 to 20 mil, I can't see Wenger going for that either
Kjaer would be another 15 to 20 mil buy

Vertonghen from Ajaz would be a great choice though as would Capoue and M'Vila. Ox needs another couple of years of seasoning I think. It would probably be one of those buy him and load him back for a couple of years to get use to first team football elsewhere.

Figured you'd be on top of the current news on those guys. Hopefully they can bring in some guys that have an immediate impact on next years season. RVP is my biggest question. It seems unrealistic to bring in another high-paid big time striker just to have for when RVP gets hurt. You certainly can't argue RVP isn't a great striker, but he's a porcelain doll and that's tough for a team to plan around.

City played perhaps their best game of the season today, 5-0 over Sunderland. Five players scored goals including Tevez, who snapped a 7 game scoreless drought. This lineup played well together and had both Johnson and Silva in today (and they both scored). I'd love to see this group against United in the FA Cup game on the 16th.

It was a pretty impressive display by City Smalls. Sunderland was pretty dire but not West Ham dire. Deserved win. I'd love to see how to same lineup does against ManU. I'd say the two Manchester teams have the best flanks of anyone in the Prem league and probably top ten in Europe as well.

You know who was dire? Chelsea. Stoke should have creamed them by at least 2 goals. They have Cech to thank for keeping them in the game big time. I also doubt Ancelotti is going to be around next season (Or Drogba. Or Malouda. Ferrerra, Bosingwa and Kalou too).

Weird couple of Champ league games tonight. Well, ok Tottenham was the underdogs - But Crouch getting sent off was a surprise. Inter getting creamed at home was - an epic defeat. Someone probably got some good money betting on that game!

Those were some silly games.

Crouch is an idiot. 2 yellow cards 80 yards from his net? Jimmy crickets. And what were you thinking clattering in on the second challange when you were already on a yellow. Between this and Lennon being sick Tottenham lost this tie before it started. As a diehard Arsenel fan, F2G should be pretty happy about now.

Also what's with Raul and the fountain of youth? I don't know what's up with him but that Farfan/Raul/Edu combo was pretty impressive tonight. Granted, Millwall could have scored 3 on Inter tonight but still. I think Inter is screwed for the rest of the season. Loss in the derby and thrashed right after, confidence in themselves and in Leoandro is going to be zilch. It wasn't the greatest tactical plan from him but the players simply didn't show up.

After these games tomorrow should be interesting. They were strange enough that it might even herald a Torres goal...

I had to take a break, because Arsenal were getting me to upset. Some very odd Champions matches. Loved seeing Crouch get the Red. I can't stand him. I don't understand why Fernando kept getting the playing time over Drogba and Anelka. I understand he's the future and Drogba is getting old, but he still creates opportunities and finishes which Torres is not doing now. What is the deal with Raul??? He looks like he's in Real form again. Very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City got it handed to them by Liverpool on Monday. I forgot to record the game, but I guess I'm glad I did! It would have sucked to have sat through a 3-0 shellacking.

Indeed Smalls. That game showed that they Carroll/Suarez combo is going to be pretty lethal.

Pool fans won't like this but I think Suarez is going to make Gerrard redundant. The play making flows through Suarez and Mireiless while Gerrard is out and it looks fantastic. Plus you can't play Gerrard in the hole behind the striker when Suarez is on. The only way this isn't going to botch the formation is to hope Gerrard can go back to the role he use to play, more in the Alonso role where he dictates the pace through his passes. People forget just how good of a setup man Gerrard is. If he and Mer can get an understanding about who pushs and who holds when it could be a nice 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 formation. Pool really needs some wingers though. Ashley Young would go a long way right now on a flank.

Big ouch for City. Tevez is out of the FA Cup game with United on Saturday because of a pulled hamstring. They hope he will be back for the last two or three games of the season. UGGGH.

CITY WINS!

1-0 over United to move on to the FA Cup Final!

Nice win for City, and of course Balotelli managed to piss off some of the united players:D

Should be a good game today as Liverpool are playing Arsenal, fingers crossed Suarez and Caroll hits the back of the net today!

Amazing end to the Arsenal - Liverpool game. As a United fan, the fact Liverpool scored a 100th minute penalty equaliser makes me very happy!!

Amazing end to the Arsenal - Liverpool game. As a United fan, the fact Liverpool scored a 100th minute penalty equaliser makes me very happy!!

Then you were hurting after yesterday's game then huh? hehehe. They are still going to win the league, but no FA Cup title this year. Hope City doesn't have a letdown after the game on Saturday.

Insane game vs Arsenal. I just hope Carragher isn´t badly hurt from that knock - it looked really scary as he was out cold before he hit the ground. An Carroll might be badly injured as well. Pretty expensive point earned in terms of personnel. Oh and Aurelio also got injured(I don´t think anyone´s surpriced when it comes tp Aurelio and injuries).

So Gerrard, Carragher, Aurelio, Agger, Johnson, Kelly and maybe Carroll out with injuries........

Then you were hurting after yesterday's game then huh? hehehe. They are still going to win the league, but no FA Cup title this year. Hope City doesn't have a letdown after the game on Saturday.

Yer, it wasn't the best of games and Scholes let us down a bit with that bad tackle. Although, Berbs should have put us ahead easily with them two great chances!! Oh well, as long as we win on Tuesday I cant see us losing the league. Plus, hopefully we should be back at Wembley next month anyway, although it will probably be against Barca :s

I wouldn't be too surprised with how up and down City are, if they got beat in the final at all. Don't like the fact that their trophyless run might come to an end though haha.

Yer, it wasn't the best of games and Scholes let us down a bit with that bad tackle.

I've admired Scholes for years. In the past 2 decades there have only been three other midfielders are dangerous as him at the pin pointed 60 yard pass and only four or five with his vision. However I have yet to see the guy make a clean, good tackle : p

I can't see ManU losing the league either, but then I couldn't see that as soon as Chelsea went into that horrible patch a couple months ago.

City should be able to get it done in the final. Stoke looked good today against Bolton but even with a hairbrained strike force, City has to much goal scoring midfield prowress. If Silva is on his game, City shouldn't have to hard of a time. Something like a 2-0 or 2-1 for them.

I've admired Scholes for years. In the past 2 decades there have only been three other midfielders are dangerous as him at the pin pointed 60 yard pass and only four or five with his vision. However I have yet to see the guy make a clean, good tackle : p

I can't see ManU losing the league either, but then I couldn't see that as soon as Chelsea went into that horrible patch a couple months ago.

City should be able to get it done in the final. Stoke looked good today against Bolton but even with a hairbrained strike force, City has to much goal scoring midfield prowress. If Silva is on his game, City shouldn't have to hard of a time. Something like a 2-0 or 2-1 for them.

Well, City showed they didn't need to have Tevez to win an important game. Good thing, because he won't be playing in the final either. Silva did well today, but Adam Johnson didn't. Those two on either side SHOULD be an awesome combination for the guys in the middle. We were sweating it out until the final whistle, because ManU always seems to do something to stab the hearts of City.

Might get use to not playing with Tevez Smalls. It's about time for him to switch teams again and the rumour mills are flying

Back