Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
my advice is to go out to eat somewhere that has wifi! lol
We have no internet and apparently the entire area has been out since 1PM. This is crazy!

Sent using Tapatalk

my advice is to go out to eat somewhere that has wifi! lol

Or JB could be "that guy" in starbucks with his MacBook and a blue tooth on.

Just got back from the gym and I feel so nauseous. I am just going to lay in my bed for the rest of the day I'm so exhausted.

I smashed my left thumb at work today. Half of the nail is turning purple and it is still throbbing. I tried to hit some balls this evening, but couldn't grip the club very tightly. I decided to call it an evening before I sent the R11 sailing onto the range.

I smashed my left thumb at work today. Half of the nail is turning purple and it is still throbbing. I tried to hit some balls this evening, but couldn't grip the club very tightly. I decided to call it an evening before I sent the R11 sailing onto the range.

Ouch! Get ready for that sucker to fall off Dawg.

Thats sucks man. Gotta get healed up quickly, gonna need you come August.

Mmmm sounds like your going to have yourself a nice little blood blister under that nail buddy. Hopefully you won't have to drain it, those suckers hurt like hell to drain.

Ouch! Get ready for that sucker to fall off Dawg.

Thats sucks man. Gotta get healed up quickly, gonna need you come August.

Mmmm sounds like your going to have yourself a nice little blood blister under that nail buddy. Hopefully you won't have to drain it, those suckers hurt like hell to drain.

Not sure it will fall off, but most likely will be poking it with a hot needle tomorrow or thursday. Will definitely be healed and ready for august:D

Not sure it will fall off, but most likely will be poking it with a hot needle tomorrow or thursday. Will definitely be healed and ready for august:D

Those darn British Colombians, they get a paper cut and expect to be out of commission for 3 weeks.

Again, no matter how many times you threaten me ma'am I did not personally fail your son. Sue away!

Again, no matter how many times you threaten me ma'am I did not personally fail your son. Sue away!

Really? I understand that there are some crummy teachers out there but that just sucks. Honestly, if the parent doesn't see it coming for their kid then, IMO, they're not doing their "job". Shame on them.

I gotta ask this. From a teachers stand point and that your also a coach. How do you feel about a kid that cheats in your class and may doze off from time to time knowing he is your coach and probably wont get to mad. I know we have all cheated in school before, but was curious about your thoughts on it from a teacher/coach stand point. I know you probably get a little mad but probably not as mad if a kid screwed up during a game, right? Kind of put you on the spot here. You can just pm so no one crucifies you fro your answer lol

Really? I understand that there are some crummy teachers out there but that just sucks. Honestly, if the parent doesn't see it coming for their kid then, IMO, they're not doing their "job". Shame on them.

It gets to the point of being sadly humorous. I cannot make Little Johnny turn his work in nor am I a babysitter for him...its high school time to grow up. Plus I have WAY better things to do than to ever pick out and just intentionally fail a kid, what the hell kind of person would I be to do something like that?

So you know that conversation starter where you can have 5 people over for dinner, any one you even somewhat know? You're on my list espcially with comments like these heh.

I gotta ask this. From a teachers stand point and that your also a coach. How do you feel about a kid that cheats in your class and may doze off from time to time knowing he is your coach and probably wont get to mad. I know we have all cheated in school before, but was curious about your thoughts on it from a teacher/coach stand point. I know you probably get a little mad but probably not as mad if a kid screwed up during a game, right? Kind of put you on the spot here. You can just pm so no one crucifies you fro your answer lol

No worries for the question Bridges, I dont mind, if someone wants to critisize thats their deal lol.

To be honest I'm WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder on our athletes than I would EVER be a non athlete. I've actually put starting linemen for me on the ineligibility because they didn't pull their weight, its on them, not me. Sports are a priveledge not a right, you have to do your due diligense to keep that priveledge. I've always asked that my athletes be held to a higher standard in class, they are looked at more in school than anyone else by both teachers AND other students...to go against Barkley you ARE a role-model of some sort wether you admit it or not.

The first things we always ask a teacher when we see an athlete is ineligible in that class is 1) Is he/she a turd in class? and 2) Are they turning in their work. If they are a turd and/or are not doing THEIR part in class, we say thank you very much for your time and that is that. Id NEVER ask an athletes grade be adjusted because they are an athlete, but, I feel I'm likely a minority coach with that thought process.

All that said there is a difference in a child that is failing because he WONT do his work than one who simply CANT do his work and doesnt get it, and they should be treated differently, one gets NO leeway, the other should IMHO. Some kids just do not get it nor do they test well and they cannot be punished solely for that. I tell all my students if you turn in the work and try you WILL pass, it may be with a D, but you'll pass.

I think I got WAY WAY WAAAAY off topic there Bridges, but once I start, watch out!!! lol

So you know that conversation starter where you can have 5 people over for dinner, any one you even somewhat know? You're on my list espcially with comments like these heh.

Haha, sweet Tuna, the wife and I really have always wanted to visit Canada! lol

ive eaten every snack i can find and im starving! grrrr

No worries for the question Bridges, I dont mind, if someone wants to critisize thats their deal lol.

To be honest I'm WAY WAY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder on our athletes than I would EVER be a non athlete. I've actually put starting linemen for me on the ineligibility because they didn't pull their weight, its on them, not me. Sports are a priveledge not a right, you have to do your due diligense to keep that priveledge. I've always asked that my athletes be held to a higher standard in class, they are looked at more in school than anyone else by both teachers AND other students...to go against Barkley you ARE a role-model of some sort wether you admit it or not.

The first things we always ask a teacher when we see an athlete is ineligible in that class is 1) Is he/she a turd in class? and 2) Are they turning in their work. If they are a turd and/or are not doing THEIR part in class, we say thank you very much for your time and that is that. Id NEVER ask an athletes grade be adjusted because they are an athlete, but, I feel I'm likely a minority coach with that thought process.

All that said there is a difference in a child that is failing because he WONT do his work than one who simply CANT do his work and doesnt get it, and they should be treated differently, one gets NO leeway, the other should IMHO. Some kids just do not get it nor do they test well and they cannot be punished solely for that. I tell all my students if you turn in the work and try you WILL pass, it may be with a D, but you'll pass.

I think I got WAY WAY WAAAAY off topic there Bridges, but once I start, watch out!!! lol

Thats exactly the way our coaches were. They expected us to behave better than other students, which I understand. Now we could get away with more being in a coaches class than another, like joking and talking more but if you turned in your work everything is ok. Also if you were caught cheating, you had a little talking to, not yelling or anything like that, but rather than go get the principal involved you got a little talking to then might had to do a few extra laps, lines, etc at practice. I might have been sneaky enough to avoid the getting caught part lol You just cant help it, some of those damn questions cause you to do the ol wondering eye's to your neighbors paper. :D

Thats exactly the way our coaches were. They expected us to behave better than other students, which I understand. Now we could get away with more being in a coaches class than another, like joking and talking more but if you turned in your work everything is ok. Also if you were caught cheating, you had a little talking to, not yelling or anything like that, but rather than go get the principal invlolved you got a little talking to then might had to do a few extra laps, lines, etc at practice.

With all my students I'm big on the choice of push-ups or detentions for laguage and many other things. You cuss? Simple, 4 lunch detentions or 100 pushups. Its actually done well enought that some of the NON coach teachers do it now.

In general though, I HATE HATE HATE a silent classroom. I have to have a little banter with the kids, they can talk if they work. Their problem is my hearing is extraordinary in the classroom and they often paint themselves in a corner lol.

With all my students I'm big on the choice of push-ups or detentions for laguage and many other things. You cuss? Simple, 4 lunch detentions or 100 pushups. Its actually done well enought that some of the NON coach teachers do it now.

In general though, I HATE HATE HATE a silent classroom. I have to have a little banter with the kids, they can talk if they work. Their problem is my hearing is extraordinary in the classroom and they often paint themselves in a corner lol.

Wow I'd take the 100 pushups anyday.

Wow I'd take the 100 pushups anyday.

Me too! Funny part is often the guys have to do "girl pushups" off their knees and the girls can knock em out no problem. lol

We used to talk about some crazy stuff in class. We always think that the teachers cant hear it but im sure they heard every bit of it.

We used to talk about some crazy stuff in class. We always think that the teachers cant hear it but im sure they heard every bit of it.

Oh for sure. We used to do the same and you would glance at the teacher and they'd be laughing so you know they are listening.

I know for me personally I wish I hadn't been treated differently because I was an athlete. We knew we could do whatever we wanted and all we had to do was bang out some push ups. Also, we could get passes from coaches when we were late or wanted to leave. We had our grades changed to be eligible for games. For football our head coach had it worked out so all of us had his class 4th period (last class of the day) and all we did was watch film and calisthenics. This didn't help any of us out at all. It just hindered our ability to grow up. But, this is Florida and our public education system is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back