Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

That's some real good information from Polara. My driver is 10.5 degrees which would definitely explain the reason I didn't see any loss of distance off the tee.

I'll be able to see if the info JB just posted about the distance lost not being seen in high lofted drivers as my driver is currently a 13.5 Ping G10 (have actually been fit for a 10.5 driver but not pulling trigger on a new driver until AFTER the Outing) and I've been losing distance with it because I don't need the loft anymore and have been teeing the ball down to try and get more distance so it will be interesting to see on Sunday when I get 18 in at Macoby Run (http://macobyrun.com/) in PA.

Sun also just came out and I think I've about had it with work so I'm going to finish what I'm working on and head to a practice putting/chipping green near me that I know I can get on (may not be officially open but no one will care) and do a little chipping with the Polara

I took the Polara Balls out to play the local 9 holer. It offered a chance to use every club in the bag. Since I was playing as a single, I often played 3 balls whenever possible. First hole I went with the 17* 4 wood off the tee and hit a couple balls. They went straight-ish, with a peculiar ballflight. The trajectory was definitely lower, and I think the weird balllight is due to the ball correcting for a roped draw. It reminded me of a mid iron shot being knocked down by a heavy tailwind. The ball ended up about 20 yards shorter than I expected, but yes, in the fairway. The iron shots I experienced exhibited how the technology could in fact be turned on and off. I hit some good shots and some bad shots. I made a couple birdies and generally kept the ball in the fairway.

Performance:
First off, I'll say I didn't notice a difference b/w the Polara 2-piece and the Polara XS, so I will not differentiate. I think that when the ball is struck well, it flies fairly well, going maybe 10% less distance than my normal ball. I tested my normal ball alongside the Polaras to check this. When the ball is aligned to use the self-correcting technology, the ball seems to go the farthest, and quite straight. When the ball is not struck well, I really saw a loss of distance - up to 20-30%. Again, I found it very hard to get this ball in the air when the technology is on, no doubt due to the fact that there aren’t the normal dimples perpendicular to the spin axis to create the normal aerodynamic lift. I think this contributes to the loss in distance from a conventional ball. I remember seeing a couple posters talk about how the ball doesn’t perform well out of the sand. I holed my first bunker shot with the Polara XS and put my next one to about two feet. They seem to work fine out the bunker and I did not notice anything different compared to other 3-piece balls.

Feel:
The one thing that jumped out to me when I hit these is that they reminded me of a floaty ball you may see at a Florida driving range. At contact the ball has a clicky feel (and corresponding sound) to it. The clicky sound and feel is again experienced while putting, but it didn’t really bother me.

Spin:
Since the course conditions were rather soft, I wasn’t able to tell a difference in reverse ballspin on my 4 wood tee shots versus a normal ball. On approach shots into the greens, when the technology is turned both on and off, I noticed a distinct lack of spin, and often saw balls land on the green and roll out and over the green. One could very well learn to use this to their advantage, running the ball up to the green and up to the pin. In fact, this lack of spin really helped my chipping, knowing the ball would run out, I was often able to get the ball to the hole.

Overall
While I don’t think this ball is for me, I do think that it has a place in the golf market. Golfers like my father, for instance, who hits it very high with a lot of sidespin could benefit from using this ball to lower his trajectory and straighten out his slice. The technology does in fact work, and when the ball is not aligned to the target it performs aerodynamically like any other conventional ball.
I wonder since the ball is already non-conforming, why not take that to the limit? I know that there are illegal balls out there that travel a lot farther than legal balls, and that ball companies have the technology to make balls go a lot farther. Why didn’t Polara use similar technology to compensate for their ball not traveling as far as conventional ball?

great review Ironforty. looks liek we are all experiencing about the same results.

Alright guys and gals just got home from work and will be heading to the course shortly to test these out, Instead of the chipping/putting green im gonna actually play since the course is now open. Review to follow

went to work an played 18 afterwards
got home an hour ago and the mailman failed to deliver
reading all these reviews is making me jealous hahaha

Just got back from a very, very soggy pitching and chipping session. I'm not sure my results are really representative as we have had so much rain here the past week that you could toss a stone onto the green and get a stuck landing.

But, I am going to say, I really do not like the feel of the Polara balls around the green. They felt like I was hitting rocks and the sound was driving me crazy. I'm an acoustical and sound engineer so maybe I'm more sensitive to sound but that clicky, clacky sound of the ball made me nuts. Also there was absolutely no spin or finesse to the balls. Even with today's leave a wet footprint on the green conditions, I got some control and spin with the Bridgestone B330-RX and the Titleist NXT Tour. After about 20 minutes, I was done with even wanting to hit the Polara ball around the green.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these balls perform making full swings tomorrow and from tee to hole on Sunday because I really haven't enjoyed hitting them on the short game strokes.

I'm really enjoying all the feedback here. Great job, testers.

went to work an played 18 afterwards
got home an hour ago and the mailman failed to deliver
reading all these reviews is making me jealous hahaha

Im with you, still waiting for mine as well. Mailman probably took them!

I woke up this morning to a wonderful little surprise in my mailbox, an always welcomed package from the wonderful folks at THP and Polara!
I was stoked that our weather has been as good as it has been, other than the wind, so I decided to go take these out for a spin today! I played 9 holes with each, chipped, and also took them to the putting green. I was really excited about trying them today as the wind is gusting around 30 mph! I was ready to put them to the test!

First, I started the front nine with the Ultimate Straight XS since it was probably the closer of the two to my normal ball. I was quite surprise with the feel first off. It was somewhat clicky off of the putter head, but it was actually not as firm as I had expected! I was honestly thinking that it was going to feel like a 1980’s style rock, but I was pleasantly surprised.
My first couple of holes were driver holes, and I pulled out my 10.5* that I always play. The first hole I teed up a couple balls. The first was a little pull on my part, but didn’t shed as much distance as I expected. The second, well it felt heavy. As I looked up, I was pretty surprised! The ball flight was a faint fade that was about 15 yards less than my normal shot. The ball flight got up pretty quick and seemed to be a little higher than my norm. I picked up the 2nd and hit the first from about 170 yards to the pin. I hit my normal 6 iron just right of the pin, about 5 yards off line. It left me with a nice little 15 footer for birdie. Well, with my normal off and on putting... I missed it, and tapped in for par.
As the front 9 went on, I noticed my “bad swings” actually didn’t end up as bad as I had thought. I tried to swing out of my shoes on number 8, which is a wide open, 510 yard par 5. The second I hit it, I knew it was a big slicer. To my amazement, it cut about 10 yards and about 10 yards short of what I normally hit. I was VERY pleased to see that!
To start off the second 9, I took a sleeve of the Ultimate Straight’s out. Again, I was surprised at the distance that I was able to get with it! The 10th hole on the course I played was a 150 yard par three with the pin cut right of center with a bunker in front of the green. I hit my normal 8 iron in, and it felt like a “dud” to say the least. It felt like I hit it at least 25 yards fat! Well, to my amazement again, it was going right at the pin but dropped just short of the green but carried the bunker. I chipped to around 4 feet and knocked in the putt for par. I was very pleased so far. I played okay through the next 7 holes, up to the 18th. The 18th is a little par 4 with water at 240 to the edge of the pond. I took out my 4 iron hybrid, looking to put a nice little lay up in the middle. Again, I hit a shot that felt fat and I felt as if I came over the top with my usually miss. To my surprise again, the shot was STRAIGHT AS AN ARROW that ended up about 15 yards short of my normal length. I hit a nice little low 8 iron over the water to keep it under the wind, and the ball released to the back edge of the green about 40 ft. front the pin. (By the way, the greens I was playing were pretty rock hard). I played my normal long lag to about 8 foot, then missed that and added a tap in for a bogey 5.
All in all:
Chipping: My chipping and greenside game was pretty close to where my normal was. Both the XS and the 2 piece felt clicky off the iron face, but wasn’t as harsh as I expected. I do not have the best chipping game to say the least, so I didn’t noticed much difference between my ball and the XS and 2 piece Polara. I did notice the both balls had a little more run off on pitch shots than I’m normally used to with the B330RX and my old ProV1, with the XS having a little less than the 2 piece.

Putting: Both felt a little more harsh off the clubface than I’m used to, but I actually putt okay with the two. I used the balls with the arrows points at my putting spot, and with the arrows perpendicular to the spot, and I noticed no differences at all! The XS seemed to be softer, such as an NXT or a Noodle. The 2 piece green seemed to be the more “clicky” of the two, which was not as bad as I had assumed, just as I had said earlier.

Irons: I was quite thrilled with the iron game results. I noticed very little length difference between the two balls. Compared to the balls I normally play, there was probably a little less than a club difference between the Polara’s and my Bridgestone’s (around 5-10 yards). I felt as if I was hitting many of the shots fat, but the ball hopped right on up with a nice flight! I noticed both balls flighted a little higher than my norm.

Driver: I was VERY impressed with the driver length and shape of both the Ultimate Straight and the Ultimate Straight XS! I noticed 0-15 yards difference in length than my normal shot, depending on how I got a hold of the shot. I was pleasantly surprised with the spin! The ball is very capable of being sliced, or hooked, but it does decrease the amount of spin and hook! I can honestly say that I hit 2 drives, one with each ball that should have sliced 30 yards easily, but only sliced around 15 yards off line! I’m telling you, these balls really do reduce the severity of side spin! I’m a true believer that Polara’s technology is real!

Overall: Both balls were of high quality, as I hit multiple wedge shots that would normally scuff up any ball, but these were no more scuffed than any other name brand off the shelf balls. I didn’t notice a lot of decrease in distance between my ball and these two, but I did like the difference in spin on the driver! I preferred the XS over the 2 piece, just because the spin is closer to what I’m used to. The feel was a little bit harder than I’m used to, but not as bad as I initially expected! On approach shots, I noticed a little more run off than I’m used to (maybe 10 feet of difference). The driver was what did it for me. I was so surprised with the lack of sidespin on miss hits. Like I had said before, I hit a couple drives that should have been gone, but didn’t slice as much as expected. These balls are capable of slicing and hooking though. I for one was very skeptical of them, but after playing 9 holes and doing some short game practice with both balls, I believe they are a quality ball for the right person. I really think that there are a couple of types of players who would benefit greatly with these. A new golfer, such as much girlfriend who will be starting out this year, and the seasoned veteran such as some of the morning senior groups at the local golf club. I saved a couple of each ball just to give to a couple of the local seniors I know well, and a couple for my lady friend. If you are a recreational golfer, who loves to just go out with friends and have a good time, this is the perfect ball for you in my opinion! I’m impressed, and I’m a very picky person when it comes to trying out gear.

I want to thank both THP and Polara for giving us the chance to try and review these and other pieces of great golf gear! I know we can’t thank you all enough for the hard work that is put in to have these opportunities! I will be reviewing these further the next couple of days, as I’m off work for an entire week!

Just got back from a very, very soggy pitching and chipping session. I'm not sure my results are really representative as we have had so much rain here the past week that you could toss a stone onto the green and get a stuck landing.

But, I am going to say, I really do not like the feel of the Polara balls around the green. They felt like I was hitting rocks and the sound was driving me crazy. I'm an acoustical and sound engineer so maybe I'm more sensitive to sound but that clicky, clacky sound of the ball made me nuts. Also there was absolutely no spin or finesse to the balls. Even with today's leave a wet footprint on the green conditions, I got some control and spin with the Bridgestone B330-RX and the Titleist NXT Tour. After about 20 minutes, I was done with even wanting to hit the Polara ball around the green.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these balls perform making full swings tomorrow and from tee to hole on Sunday because I really haven't enjoyed hitting them on the short game strokes.

I know off topic and WRONG but you should take a look at Srixon TriSpeed Tour. That's the ball I was testing along side the Polara today and I found it to be fantastic.

I received my dozen Polara balls from THP and had a chance to putt these balls on the carpet. Real testing will take place tomorrow.

First impressions: balls looked and felt like regular golf balls. They didn't feel overly hard to the touch. As mentioned by others, the dimples were a bit shallower around the equator (to the green and red lines) versus multiple-sized dimples around the sides of the equator. The shine on the balls was not as sparkly as the Bridgestone B330-RX yellow, but equal or better than some of the balls I have played in the past.

Here are my thoughts from the carpet test. The balls felt a bit harder than what I normally use as my regular ball (Titleist ProV1x). The green Ultimate Straight ("US") was a tad harder than the red Ultimate Straight XS ("XS"). But, generally the two Polara balls were not as hard as I envisioned based on the earlier posts in this thread. The two Polara balls did have more roll than the ProV1X. I agree with others that the sound off the putter face was "clicky," but not as bad as some other 2-piece balls I have tried in the past. I would imagine if I was putting from longer distances with more speed and longer strokes, the sound might be a bit louder. I will listen for this on tomorrow's course testing.

Lately, I have developed a wicked fade/slice with my driver, especially when I swing harder, so I am excited to see how these balls will aid to self-correct this problem. I use a 10.5* driver and have been launching the ball fairly high with the Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue shaft. I need all the distance I can get from my drives because irons are my weak point in the game right now, so I'm hoping that my launch angle will be able to maximize the technology behind the Polara balls.

Thanks again to THP and Polara for this opportunity to test these balls. Love technology!! Keep up the fine reviews everyone.

Biggsy - you're a beast!!

On Course Review/First 9 Holes Of 2011

Driver
Since there was nobody else out there but me i played 2 balls, the Ultimate Straight and Ultimate Straight XS, The first couple holes i teed it up normal height and gave them my normal baby draw swing, the 2 piece Ultimate Straight was first and what do you know right down the middle, no draw, no movement what so ever. I did notice a distance loss like others have mentioned but it wasnt 20-25 yards like some have seen, it was more like 10. Next was the 3 piece XS and same story, went right down the middle almost identical distance to the 2 piece. Off the driver these balls didnt feel like they were jumping off the face like my normal Zstar, Tour i(s), Penta ect.
This is where it gets interesting for me, hole 3 i tee it up higher like suggested by Polara and give it a big whack which usually results in a massive hook and instead of being 1 fairway over i ended up in the left rough, there is a very noticable reduction in sidespin like advertised. Same hole now hitting the XS on my 2nd tee shot and try my hardest to cut/slice the ball and for the life of me i couldnt do it, tryed to again on hole 8 and 9 but still couldnt cut this ball. Basically the only movement i got out of these was a little draw on hole 7. When they started offline they held their line and i wasnt in the fairway, these are not magical balls that always find the fairway, if your shot starts offline then its gonna end up offline.
Irons
I did not pick up and line the arrow to point at the target everyhole and the ball acted like a normal ball, no funny or weird ball flight. I didnt see much if any distance loss with my irons like i saw with the driver. The couple times i did line the arrow up in the fairway the ball held its line perfectly at the flag.
Feel
Didnt like the feel at all, very clicky off the irons and putter and just plain harsh with the driver. I wouldnt say they are rocks but they are harder than what i would play.
Consistency
Besides the slice/hook reduction i think this is where the ball really shines, Both the 3 piece XS and 2 piece Ultimate Straight were very very consistent. My drives, irons, wedges, and even putter all had consistent distances with these balls. I would bet 9/10 times i could hit the same distance with any iron.
Spin/Durability
The durability of these balls is pretty darn good, i play the Jaws wedge with Mack Daddy grooves and they just love to eat covers about as much as mice love to eat cheese lol, i had some scuffs/scrapes but nothing that would affect the playability of the ball, no cheese grader looking peelings coming off. Can you tell im in the mood to eat some cheese lol:D.
How much a ball spins is a huge factor in wheather i play it or not, i love a ball that reacts well around the green and doesnt roll off the back. Needless to say the 3 piece XS and 2 piece Ultimate Straight didnt make the cut, no matter what i did these balls would not hold the green especially with shots over 130 yards. I hit a beautifull 7 iron from 160 to a front pin location and my ball mark was 3 feet infront of the flag and it ended up in the back sand trap, my normal ball would of STUCK or one hop and stoped.
Putter
Again its a very clicky feel/sound that i thought i could get use to but it still bugs me lol. Consistent distance with the putter and that was the only good thing with the flat stick.
Overall Thoughts
These are def not the balls for me but i really enjoyed seeing the tech work. Even though these are NON CONFORMING i dont see any problem with the weekend warrior or anybody that is having trouble hitting fairways due to slice/hooks using these. If it makes the game more enjoyable for them then more power to ya for playing these. These balls will really help allot of people struggling off the tee.:clapp: Well done Polara, you have a product that works as advertised and is not just a scam to get people to buy it. There is allot of gimmicks/scammy golf stuff out their that claims to do things but you my friends are NOT one of them. Thanks again THP and Polara for the chance to try these out. If i missed anything im sorry lol:clapp:
edit: forgot to add even though it was the first round of the year and with these balls i still shot a 38.

Here is a quick update from me. This is going to be a bit shorter since I am on my phone.

Driver: absolutely straight, but about 10-15 yards shorter than the ZStarX I was using.

3 iron tee shot:
On the par 4 7th, I teed off with my 3i. I split the fairway with both shots, but the XS about 8 yards further than the ZStarX.

Wedge Spin:
I am going to say this with a picture. This shot came up short. I put a tee where the ball hit and you can see where the ball spun to. It was a 93 yard shot with a sand wedge into the wind. The ball next to the pin is my ZStar. About 7 feet of back spin.

a6890c47-aaa8-5177.jpg

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

I went out today before my round with my foursome and played a few holes. I brought out an old Ping G5 11.5 loft to see if it would help me with the spin. I could not get either ball to fly. Low bullets with top spin. I will say they did have plenty of roll out and top spin. I can also say the promotion of these balls is right on with the accuracy. It does what it is advertised to do but not what I prefer in my everyday ball.

I received mine yesterday and I'm hoping to put it into play this weekend.

One thing I immediately thought of while reading through the directions was around the whole 'point the arrow where you waat it to go' business. I wonder if the core is weighted/geared to perform in a certain way when the arrow is aligned facing upwards towards the target? And if it isn't then the ball isn't going to perform as intended or designed? This is something I hope to be able to find out

I don't believe the ball is weighted in any way. The way it reduced side spin and "self corrects" is due to the the dimple design. That's why the arrow is there. If you play the ball down for your second shot or approach shots they will play much the same as your regular ball. The dimple design that reduces spin is "activated" for lack of a better term by aligning the arrow with where you want the ball to go.

I played again today and hit a few Polara's. I found a Tee that was the size of a sequoia tree and Teed it up really high. It worked a lot better. I hit some long drives today with it. It rolls like a banshee once it hits the ground.

Just got the balls in today, my first impression were that the dimple pattern is so much different than any other ball. It's not really symetrical to look at. The smaller dimples reminded me of the older golf balls. The cover seems a little slick and harder than normal. The other thing that stuck out in my mind was the weight, they seem almost heavier than what I normally play. Which I don't really have a regular ball I play, but I'll be very curious to see how these perform. Sounds like it's gonna be some good weather coming in so hopefully I'll get out here in the next couple days!

Alright I got mine out on the course today!

Readers Digest: I tested the Ultimate Straight (2piece) and pretty much everything they (Polara) said was true (along with most testers); Higher lofted drivers are a plus, this ball will not stray far from the target line even with a miss. I only lost distance with the driver (I play a 9.5 Nike Dymo SQ) but was truly surprised at the "self correction." I didn't like the feel, but all in all, a decent ball especially for the "weekend duffer" looking for improvement without a lesson.

Full Review
About me: I've never kept a handicap other than my work's version of a golf league. I've never visited a golf course (for practice or play) more than 2-3 times a month since I first took group lessons as a 13 year old. Why does that matter? Because before this year I would have been in the market for this ball. I will be joining a club/league this year that is more traditional and keep a real handicap in hopes of trying to compete at the club in the coming years.

The first shot I hit was with a 7 iron and I bladed it. I typically hit my 7 iron 190-200yds and most of my shots are draws or hooks on big misses. When I bladed this one it went about 175yds straight down the fairway. I think it only carried about 140yds and rolled out. So even with a miss I got a decent roll (its of course very dry here!) and it stayed straight! As I came up on the ball for my 2nd shot of course like everyone saw it wasn't "lined up" so was prepared for the ball to play normally, I was left with a sand wedge to the green (115 yds). I hit this shot pretty pure and the ball bit the green and spun about 1 foot back. However, hitting this "pure" I definitely got the range ball feel others were talking about but I was pleasantly surprised to see the ball stop and actually spin back! I have a Yes! Tracy II putter with the C Grooves and I didn't notice the click others were talking about, but I did "feel" it again in the range ball sense. Another odd thing I noticed was the ball almost looked like a knuckle ball (which doesn't make any sense because a knuckle ball doesn't spin), but you could see it was conflicted in flight literally. It almost appeared to be a trick ball.

Just about all my iron shots were the same, even with a miss I would hardly track from the target line. If I struck the ball pure, there was no loss of yardage. I think I missed 1 fairway and 1 green with this ball of the 6 holes I played with it.

For my driver it was different story. As they said, low lofted drivers won't like this ball. It looked like the ball would leave the tee and appeared to have a top spin almost and dive for the ground. I teed it up high with a tall tee and still no love with the driver. However, I was playing with 2 other gentlemen with considerably slower swing speeds. They both had higher lofted drivers and I let them hit the ball. It definitely corrected their slice's and didn't compromise their distance in the least! They were very impressed themselves but looked at me like I was some kind of traveling salesman at first.

This isn't really a side note but it will appear that way; It was very windy for 4 holes today. In my opinion the ball did not seem to be as effected by the wind as my normal ball (Nike One Black). I was 130 out with a big left to right wind. I hit my gap wedge and it went straight at the target, though I typically hit a draw it obviously is less dramatic with the short irons, but this is a pretty big plus in my opinion!

Other than feeling like a traveling salesman for a few minutes trying to explain the ball and the technology behind it to people I've just met, I would buy this ball if my game weren't "in transition" at the moment.

I'm going to take the 3 piece for a ride Sunday, and I have a buddy who is truly a beginner who I plan on getting involved with this ball too.

I tried to take some video shots but it didn't work as planned. I'm going to try again with my buddy and the round Sunday but we'll see.

Lets see.

I am currently in my parents bedroom, which is carpeted, putting and chipping. I am comparing the test balls to a Nike ONE Black and Platinum.
I am chipping using a 45 degree X-22 pitching wedge with new, sharp grooves. This wedge is clicky, not matter how soft the ball is, so such auditory results will not be included with this mini-review.
I am putting using a White Ice #7. This is a firmer putter, made to me used with Ultra-soft covered balls, such as the Nike ONE Platinum.
The testing is being done on a 10 foot stretch of carpet that I have found is roughly 7 on the stimp, as compared to local greens.

Chipping

In a thoroughly unscientific test, I chose a spot on the carpet, aimed for it, and measured roll out. I do this in order to gauge the amount of green side spin I can generate if I find myself with little green to work with. The strike used is sharp and steep, designed to generate low but high spin flight that stays in the air for a few feet. Don't question me on whether or not the stroke itself works, it does. I have tested it for a LONG time.

With the Nike Ones, I was averaging about 3 feet of roll, after traveling about 5 feet in the air. With the Polaras, I averaged around 4 feet of roll out with both, slight edge to the XS. I was fairly impressed by how well they worked in this test.

Next I switched to a traditional bump and run style stroke. For some reason, the ONE's almost always traveled further in the air than the polaras. That said, they also checked considerably quicker. The Polaras had more roll, but without the additional carry, ended up in pretty much the same place as the Nikes.

Off of the putter, there is a noticeable difference in feel. The Nike's are quite soft, while the Polara's are very firm. Also, the Polaras are hotter off of the putter face than the Nike's, so I had to make some compensations.

More tomorrow, Mother wants to go to bed.

Lets see.

I am currently in my parents bedroom, which is carpeted, putting and chipping. I am comparing the test balls to a Nike ONE Black and Platinum.
I am chipping using a 45 degree X-22 pitching wedge with new, sharp grooves. This wedge is clicky, not matter how soft the ball is, so such auditory results will not be included with this mini-review.
I am putting using a White Ice #7. This is a firmer putter, made to me used with Ultra-soft covered balls, such as the Nike ONE Platinum.
The testing is being done on a 10 foot stretch of carpet that I have found is roughly 7 on the stimp, as compared to local greens.

Chipping

In a thoroughly unscientific test, I chose a spot on the carpet, aimed for it, and measured roll out. I do this in order to gauge the amount of green side spin I can generate if I find myself with little green to work with. The strike used is sharp and steep, designed to generate low but high spin flight that stays in the air for a few feet. Don't question me on whether or not the stroke itself works, it does. I have tested it for a LONG time.

With the Nike Ones, I was averaging about 3 feet of roll, after traveling about 5 feet in the air. With the Polaras, I averaged around 4 feet of roll out with both, slight edge to the XS. I was fairly impressed by how well they worked in this test.

Next I switched to a traditional bump and run style stroke. For some reason, the ONE's almost always traveled further in the air than the polaras. That said, they also checked considerably quicker. The Polaras had more roll, but without the additional carry, ended up in pretty much the same place as the Nikes.

Off of the putter, there is a noticeable difference in feel. The Nike's are quite soft, while the Polara's are very firm. Also, the Polaras are hotter off of the putter face than the Nike's, so I had to make some compensations.

More tomorrow, Mother wants to go to bed.

Thats a good write up for being in your moms bedroom. Cant wait to read it once you get on some real grass.

Thats a good write up for being in your moms bedroom. Cant wait to read it once you get on some real grass.

LOL. It isn't the best place, but it looks like I won't get much real golf until mid-April.

just got in from NYC a little while ago. All packed up to head down to southern jersey to play with g4l tomorrow, hanks and oem on sunday. These have arrived and will be making the trip with me.

I got out for a quick 9 today after work. I used the Ultimate Straight ball today. I never used my driver today (were fighting right now) so I was teeing off with my TEE CB2 3 wood. Off the tee I could tell a difference in flight path compared to the other golf balls I play. I was getting around a 210yd drive with a little roll, the course was pretty soft from all the rain lately. I lost about 10 15 yards with this ball. Off my irons, I noticed I needed to play a club longer than I normally would. The thing that bothered me the most was the ting I got off my SeeMore FGP while putting. Over all this ball did what it is advertised to do. A buddy of mine used one for a couple of holes and loved it. He is just starting the game. He tried to walk off with it after the round. I am going to be playing again tomorrow and will get both balls in play tomorrow. Will update again in the evening.

Ok these balls do exactly as advertised.. I took both the 2 piece and three piece ball today and majorly came over the top to produce a huge slice but these balls stayed straight. The guys I was playing with all agreed that the ball looked as though it wanted to slice but just stayed straight. I did however notice a significant loss of distance. My average carry is around 270-280 with a swing speed around 117-121mph. This ball just wanted to stay low and only carried around 230-240 and rolled out another 10-15 yards.

I would have to say I'm rather impressed by the ball. I wouldn't think the dimple design would make sure a big difference however with 3 obvious swings coming way over the top this ball stayed straight all the way.

I still however have a hard time endorsing the ball. Does the ball do as advertised? YES. Does the ball feel weird off the short iron or putter? Nope feels just like any lower prices 2 or 3 piece ball. Would I ever buy or put this ball in play? NO!!! This is a game of character and honor. There's no place for a ball like this in my bag. I have no idea what these sell for however if you want the same performance just go buy a tube of chapstik or a bottle of Vaseline. A little dab on your driver will do the exact same thing. I've tried it on the range and it works just like this ball. That and much cheaper and if you want to be a cheater well a little less obvious as well.

Back