hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I'v been thinking about replacing my taylormade r9 460 for a little while now. Today the shaft snapped in half when my dad wasn't paying attention and hit his club with mine. I'm going to dicks tomorrow to look at new drivers. I guess i'll be checking out the r11. Is the blur shaft the real deal? How does the forgiveness compare to the 460? Also, are there any other clubs anyone recommends that i try? Thanks

Uhh lets see...

Any driver they have in stock.. and if you think I'm kidding, I'm not. Any one of them could be perfect for you so try them all. The only one I know they won't have that you should try to try is the srixon z star. Also, what is making you switch from the R9 460? Just curious

And to answer your other questions

1.I've heard from people that the blur shaft is not good. (people on thp, just go to the r11 thread)
2.They are completely different clubs. You won't get as much forgiveness with the R11.

The R11 is a great driver and i personally love the Blur shaft. It fits my swing well. There are many shafts available for the R11 so I would suggest trying them all to find the right one for you. As far as forgiveness I am unsure as I used to play the standard smaller R9 and not the 460. I found the R11 to be a nice improvement all a round vs my R9. There is a thread that discusses the R11 quite extensively I suggest you check it out.

Cheers!!

what is making you switch from the R9 460?

his shaft snapped in the R9. Like mentioned try all you can while your there, you never know which one will work best, the R11 is awesome though, love mine

If you like the driver, I'd just get a new shaft.

Oh ok, so far I love my R9 460 so that's why I was wondering.

Ya we know.

ya the R9 460 is one heck of a driver, i pretty much like the whole R9 line, i think its a really good budget driver now that the price has dropped.

I would suggest you try everything that you have time to hit, its really the best way to find the best product out there for you.

Ok, thanks for the advise. I will hit every club I can. I also want to try the titleist 910 d2, but dicks doesn't carry it. One more thing...is the stock shaft on the supertri the real thing? Either way I am going to get fitted for whatever driver/shaft I get. I'm just wondering. Thanks again

I would suggest you try everything that you have time to hit, its really the best way to find the best product out there for you.

agreed - I wish I had last year before blowing serious $$$$ only to restock the entire bag in the past 6 months hahahah

That R9 is a great stick. How about just putting a new engine in it and keep bang'n it?

The Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 is a great shart as well and I have seen them on Ebay for $24.99.

Someone above mentioned it but I wouldn't rule out simply re-shafting your 460.
I'm a guy that likes value. With that being said, if you do decide to upgrade, don't rule out the R-9 Supertri. I picked one up at a GREAT price last month.

If you like the adjustability factor the r11 is prob the way to go. But id recommend reading, researching, and trying any club. Also check out the SF 2.0 and the Cobra s3.

you can get some great deals now on last years clubs. I would look at some of the clearance items at dicks as well. I know the one by my house has soem great deals on the Calloways. Also a new shaft is a great option if you like the head.

I'v been thinking about replacing my taylormade r9 460 for a little while now. Today the shaft snapped in half when my dad wasn't paying attention and hit his club with mine. I'm going to dicks tomorrow to look at new drivers. I guess i'll be checking out the r11. Is the blur shaft the real deal? How does the forgiveness compare to the 460? Also, are there any other clubs anyone recommends that i try? Thanks

I have Callaway FT-9 and FT-IZ IMIX drivers with 4 shafts to swap in and out of (although I think I landed on the Pershing...). Anyway, you may want to check out callawaygolfpreowned.com and peruse the IMIX section. You can get some very nice used drivers for a fraction of new. And if you want new, maybe purchase one of these as a backup/just in case driver.

Good luck!

I will check out the supertri for sure. I still am considering re-shafting the 460. I just have an itch for a new driver. I'v been using the 460 the last 2 seasons.

I would try the SQ Machspeed Black, the Titleist 909 line, and the new Cobras. I love cobra drivers. Hit the R11 too! :D

I've been using the R9 460 since last season. Mine came with the REAX shaft and I never took too it much as it launched my drives too high. I found the Aldila NV65 was my shaft that fit my swing well.

I had 2puttgolf.com make a NV65S with R9 adapter last friday. I got it on monday AM!!! It plays like a totally different driver (for me, it is way better). The total price was $92 shipped!

Lee

Its funny you say that, because my dad had that same shaft put in his 460. He hated it and bought the diablo octane the next day. I have hit it several times and it feels pretty good.

I hit at dicks for a few minuted after school today. I didn't have much time, so i only hit the r11 into the net. It felt pretty good so far. There is a golf store that was rated one of the best fitters in the nation about an hour from my house, so i will be going there soon.

Just a bump on this thread, i just put the same stock shaft in my 460 right after it broke. About 3 weeks ago i went to golf galaxy for a driver fitting. I hit the titleist 910 d2 with the rip, project x, and diamana kai'li. I also hit the callaway diablo octane and razr hawk. These are what the guy suggested for me. Now, i have the feeling he wasn't very bright because he didn't seem to know anything and couldn't answer my questions. They also had a very poor shaft selection, so i couldn't hit everything i wanted. I ended up getting the best numbers with my 460. Could someone tell me if the numbers are good, and what i should try to improve? I don't know the optimum launch angle, spin, etc. Thanks.

Averages:
Club Speed: 93.32
Ball Velocity: 138.9
Launch Angle: 16.6
Ball Spin: 2,302
Carry: 234
Total: 263
PTR: 150.0

Just a bump on this thread, i just put the same stock shaft in my 460 right after it broke. About 3 weeks ago i went to golf galaxy for a driver fitting. I hit the titleist 910 d2 with the rip, project x, and diamana kai'li. I also hit the callaway diablo octane and razr hawk. These are what the guy suggested for me. Now, i have the feeling he wasn't very bright because he didn't seem to know anything and couldn't answer my questions. They also had a very poor shaft selection, so i couldn't hit everything i wanted. I ended up getting the best numbers with my 460. Could someone tell me if the numbers are good, and what i should try to improve? I don't know the optimum launch angle, spin, etc. Thanks.

Averages:
Club Speed: 93.32
Ball Velocity: 138.9
Launch Angle: 16.6
Ball Spin: 2,302
Carry: 234
Total: 263
PTR: 150.0

Im not a expert on numbers either but to me those look pretty damn good IMO

Back