How's Your Handicap

How's Your Handicap

• Total voters
Any chance of getting into the fairway files THP group? Can't search for it. Who is the gatekeeper? If it's a private thing...no biggie. Thanks.

My handicap stayed the same with the addition of both of my rounds this past weekend.

I am about to lose several good scores though, so I need to post good numbers on the next several rounds or else my handicap is going to take a BIG jump up.

My handicap stayed the same with the addition of both of my rounds this past weekend.

I am about to lose several good scores though, so I need to post good numbers on the next several rounds or else my handicap is going to take a BIG jump up.

Shouldn't your HC be frozen right now Gus? I know that our HC gets frozen from Late october to April, we can still go out and play and you hold a winter HC at the club, but no winter scores get used in your official HC.

I use GHIN because our club went to it. It's the first time I have ever tracked my handicap. I definitely think it is important to use a service for validation, I am at a 7.6 now and working to lower it. Of course your handicap is only as valid as your scorekeeping!

I use GHIN because our club went to it. It's the first time I have ever tracked my handicap. I definitely think it is important to use a service for validation, I am at a 7.6 now and working to lower it. Of course your handicap is only as valid as your scorekeeping!

Then I need to work on my scorekeeping!!

Yeah, its funny but I know a few people who only put there low scores in, and those who leave their low scores out (not intentionally I'm sure) lol

I played in a match play event this summer where I was a 13 and he was an 19, so I had to give him a stroke on the 6 hardest holes and there was no way he was an 19 NO WAY. He was probably around the same HC as me but I was giving strokes. Just pissed me off.

Yeah, its funny but I know a few people who only put there low scores in, and those who leave their low scores out (not intentionally I'm sure) lol

I did the exact opposite. My 2 best scores I forgot to keep the scorecard. My high ones were inconveniently sitting on my GPS!!

I played in a match play event this summer where I was a 13 and he was an 19, so I had to give him a stroke on the 6 hardest holes and there was no way he was an 19 NO WAY. He was probably around the same HC as me but I was giving strokes. Just pissed me off.

I've played in a few tournaments like this, all you can do is shake your head.

Yeah, and he was probably saying "I can't believe how well I'm hitting the ball today" the whole way around! This is where the handicap "keeping" we currently have is fallable.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to sign up later tonight when I get home.

Ah, what the heck. Went ahead and signed up for OOB, too. The handicaps between FF and OOB are 0.1 different - 11.9 on FF and 11.8 on OOB. Need more rounds for both, though. :)

I have always used GHIN since I joined my first men's club and started my handicap.
I don't use any of their other services.

my handicap is covered in 4 feet of snow. Hopefully this year i'll get in enough rounds at legit courses so i can go get me an officially registered usga handicap

What is your handicap?

What is your handicap?

Very curios to find out on average.

Merged with a rather lengthy thread on this from just 2 weeks ago.

I use a website called tincupgolfersclub.com and my handicap is up to 15.15 at this time.

My goal is to beat Seth this year. We are pretty much tied right now. That is right Seth. The gauntlet has been thrown!!

My goal is to beat Seth this year. We are pretty much tied right now. That is right Seth. The gauntlet has been thrown!!

Boom! Setho vs. CL at the Morgan Cup? Maybe.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Not going to happen for me TC but maybe we could all meet somewhere in west NC for a round sometime.

Not going to happen for me TC but maybe we could all meet somewhere in west NC for a round sometime.

I think that would be great.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

So how is everyone doing with their handi's? I see TC posted a great round last week. I am down to a 12.9. I feel like I can get it down to single digits this year.

Back