TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I hit this driver again today in a monitor while I was waiting for a meeting and I came away liking it a lot more than I did the first time around. Maybe its the driver swing changes I have made, but I was seeing very good numbers and I was hitting it really well. I'm still not sure about the ASP plate as I was not able to play with it but I loved the sound, and the low spin numbers I was seeing. I was also seeing better SS numbers than I was with the 2.0 but I have never hit that club well or his younger brother..

+1 on the superfast.

I have gamed my R11 for about a month now. This is hands down the best driver I have played. I will say that my swing has clicked after playing 3 days straight with a PGA apprentice before the show in January and I am sure that has a lot to do with my love for the R11. I used to fear my driver as I would sometimes hit a nasty hook. Not anymore...step on the tee box and fire away. I love being able to adjust the loft while making the face open. I have a 10.5 with the FCT one notch higher and the ASP plate on open.

I put the C. Kua in play this past weekend. It took a few swings to get the tempo right for the lighter shaft, but I was very impressed. I was hitting some of the best drives I ever have. The Miyazaki feels so much better than the Blur. The blur would feel kind of mushy at impact, but not the miya. The Miyazaki is a stout shaft and feels solid throughout the swing. The shaft even felt solid on some hits off the toe. I am VERY impressed with my driver and don't see it exiting the bag anytime soon.

+1 on the superfast.

I have gamed my R11 for about a month now. This is hands down the best driver I have played. I will say that my swing has clicked after playing 3 days straight with a PGA apprentice before the show in January and I am sure that has a lot to do with my love for the R11. I used to fear my driver as I would sometimes hit a nasty hook. Not anymore...step on the tee box and fire away. I love being able to adjust the loft while making the face open. I have a 10.5 with the FCT one notch higher and the ASP plate on open.

I put the C. Kua in play this past weekend. It took a few swings to get the tempo right for the lighter shaft, but I was very impressed. I was hitting some of the best drives I ever have. The Miyazaki feels so much better than the Blur. The blur would feel kind of mushy at impact, but not the miya. The Miyazaki is a stout shaft and feels solid throughout the swing. The shaft even felt solid on some hits off the toe. I am VERY impressed with my driver and don't see it exiting the bag anytime soon.

Did you have the TP blur or the regular on the r11?

Did you have the TP blur or the regular on the r11?

The regular. I knew I was getting the Miyazaki, so didn't see a need in spending another $100.

After I return from my trip south and have cash in hand the (P.O.S) 3-wood I am currently dragging around will be replaced with the R11 version!! SOLD to the tall guy in the back!!

I can't wait to get mine!!

+1 on the superfast.

I would love to hit this combo. A Miya in this head would be AWESOME! What made you decide to go with the C. Kua instead of the Kusala? Was it weight? How do you feel this light shaft fits this head? Questions...Questions. :)

Just found out my local Golfsmith is having TM demo day for the R11 tomorrow. Cant wait to hit the R11 with all the good shafts the TM tech reps will have. Just might be gaming one of these gems by tomorrow! very excited!
Golfsmith is offering a extra $50 towards trade in's towards the R11. Titelist and callaway are offering the same deal on there drivers.

The Proshop at my course has a R11 demo.... Methinks it'll get some work soon.

I'm going to be putting this driver up against my 910 D2 in a little battle royale. I'll be getting the Fubuki Alpha in the R11. Can't wait to see who prevails!

Ill be watching. I know you love that D2.

I'm going to be putting this driver up against my 910 D2 in a little battle royale. I'll be getting the Fubuki Alpha in the R11. Can't wait to see who prevails!

That will be VERY interesting. I think both are really solid drivers for the right people, unfortunately I am just not the right person I dont think.

I'm also curious to see the adjustability of the two going up against each other. I'm probably not the person who should tinker but there is no way I wont. I love adjustable drivers. Irony is my dymo is set at neutral.

That will be VERY interesting. I think both are really solid drivers for the right people, unfortunately I am just not the right person I dont think.

This driver is awesome! I've had one for 2 months now and I can't say a single bad thing about it.

This driver is awesome! I've had one for 2 months now and I can't say a single bad thing about it.

i agree, it flat out performs if it fits you, everybody is different so some people cant stand it. I was looking around golfsmith the other day waisting time and was watching a guy hit it in the simulator and it was like 15 yards shorter for him than his current driver (looked like a g15), then saw another guy bombing it and he ended up walking out with one.

Maybe I need to go hit the R11. There is a demo day coming up at Golf Galaxy here. Watch, I will be like the guy mentioned before... Walking out with one!

Does dirt get stuck real easily in the adjustable plate on the bottom of the face?

Does dirt get stuck real easily in the adjustable plate on the bottom of the face?

I have seen no issues with that but then again I dont take a divot with my driver ...lol JK!!! It seems to be a tight fit I don't think it will be an issue.

I have seen no issues with that but then again I dont take a divot with my driver ...lol JK!!! It seems to be a tight fit I don't think it will be an issue.

lol, no i have not noticed any dirt or anything getting stuck in the ASP

Ok im starting to get really PO'd with TM, i just got a email saying please visit a authorized taylormade dealer to replace your warranty replacement R11 that you just recieved because there is not supose to be a number under the ASP plate. IF i go to a store and they dont exchange it right then and there and have me wait on another new one im gonna flip out.

Ok im starting to get really PO'd with TM, i just got a email saying please visit a authorized taylormade dealer to replace your warranty replacement R11 that you just recieved because there is not supose to be a number under the ASP plate. IF i go to a store and they dont exchange it right then and there and have me wait on another new one im gonna flip out.

The easiest way to fix that is to call them up. They have tremendous customer service, but it always appears that it is via the phone and not email.

The easiest way to fix that is to call them up. They have tremendous customer service, but it always appears that it is via the phone and not email.

i tryed calling and it said they are closed, im wondering if i got a proto or tour version, kinda weird it came straight from TM and they tell me im not supose to have one with a serial there.

i tryed calling and it said they are closed, im wondering if i got a proto or tour version, kinda weird it came straight from TM and they tell me im not supose to have one with a serial there.

Most Tour Issues in past years have a "T" at the beginning of the serial number.

Back