Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was extremely disapointed today upon going to the Golf USA. It's only 60 miles round trip, but I had meetings over there today so I was really looking forward to trying out some new Taylormade goodies and of course the new Mashie. They have virtually nothing in the store. No Mashies and not one new TM anything. Not even the drivers. The guy said their first delivery of new item's would be a couple weeks yet and he wasn't sure what was coming in???

WTF? This place disapoints me almost every time I go in there. Their loss, but seem's like TM and Clevelands as well.

I'm thinking of not buying any equipment because I don't need any. I can't believe I just said that...

The last time you said that further purchases happened so I'd be careful about jinxing yourself heh.

Also having a good long look at the CG16 Pro's. They feel gorgeous and have excellent distance on them, first club that I've liked the KBS tours on as well.

The last time you said that further purchases happened so I'd be careful about jinxing yourself heh.

Also having a good long look at the CG16 Pro's. They feel gorgeous and have excellent distance on them, first club that I've liked the KBS tours on as well.
I know ST...btw I like the KBS Tour shafts. :)

Starring hard at some wedges because of the last two days out with my Jaws. Horrendous at the end of the bucket. Not that its their fault but I think the bounce or set up is all wrong for me. Listened to the Muira radio show and I'm interested in the grind they offer.

CG15
CG16
MP T11
Miura

I got to see the 16's in person yesterday and absolutely loved them. I need wedges bad but I want to hold off until after the outing.

Me too man. But my game is suffering without at least something for the 75 yards and in. But I was thinking, why not just use my PW? Only reason Im not using Niblick is just in case I get my email in quick enough.

I got to see the 16's in person yesterday and absolutely loved them. I need wedges bad but I want to hold off until after the outing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was reshafting the Mizzie's I didn't like them at all to be honest. They felt kinda harsh and launched the ball too high with the MX 200 heads. With the CG16P's the height issue seems to be fixed as is the feel issue. I doubt I'll jump on them anytime soon but they are up at the top of my list when my iron ho comes out (for some reason it's only irons that make me want to switch and try new ones).

In the market for a big stick. Enough is enough with my current one. I cannot control it (think its a shaft problem) but since its a few years old and a new nice shaft is 100-200, figured I might as well just upgrade.

Current Driver:
Nike Sumo Sasquatch 460 9.5* w/ Aldila NVS 75-R shaft and Golfpride tour velvet grip

New drivers in mind:
Taylormade R9 Supertri
Taylormade R9 460
Taylormade Superfast 2.0
Ping G15
Ping K15
Callaway Diablo Edge
Callaway Razr
Callaway Diablo Octane

What other drivers should I throw in here to test out? My normal miss is a slice with a driver but that is becoming less and less of a problem so I'd rather stay away from a draw club.

When I was reshafting the Mizzie's I didn't like them at all to be honest. They felt kinda harsh and launched the ball too high with the MX 200 heads. With the CG16P's the height issue seems to be fixed as is the feel issue. I doubt I'll jump on them anytime soon but they are up at the top of my list when my iron ho comes out (for some reason it's only irons that make me want to switch and try new ones).
Interesting ST. I have them in the X-Proto's and they feel really nice. Weird. BTW...keep the iron ho at bay. :)

Anyone who has tried the Callaway HXBite balls? Local Meijer has them on clearance for 22 bucks and was wondering if they were any good. I thought that was pretty reasonable price considering they are a three piece. I've also been looking at the Bridgestone E6.

My common miss is a slice and I have struggled getting the ball flight desired in the past. (hopefully the new cobra irons will help here...:D)

Any feedback would be great! Thanks.

SO, with all the new members here....

What's everybody pondering?

SO, with all the new members here....

What's everybody pondering?

All the new members are pondering a 14 club staff bag deal :D

Nice! I liked the 2.0. It wasn't my favorite of the 2011 distance irons, but it was right up there. I'm actually kind of excited to get the 6 iron to see what I think now that I've reviewed a couple other sets. I'm wondering if I'll feel any different than I did.

Pondering new CBs to replace my blades. I'm looking at the Cobra S3s, Adams A7s, Adams CB2s, Taylormade 2.0s, Taylormade R9s, and the Wilson Di11s.

Pondering new CBs to replace my blades. I'm looking at the Cobra S3s, Adams A7s, Adams CB2s, Taylormade 2.0s, Taylormade R9s, and the Wilson Di11s.

Any reason why the new TM TP CB's aren't on that list? Just curious :)

Nice! I liked the 2.0. It wasn't my favorite of the 2011 distance irons, but it was right up there. I'm actually kind of excited to get the 6 iron to see what I think now that I've reviewed a couple other sets. I'm wondering if I'll feel any different than I did.

I didnt win the 6iron i was hoping i did but oh well also would like to hit the D-11's that CL reviewd

Because the reviews have been amazing about the Di11's! hehe

Nope. Thanks for bringing them up. I just haven't thought about them. I'm going to go read the thread on them now. I forgot to mention the Cleveland CG16s too.

I didnt win the 6iron i was hoping i did but oh well also would like to hit the D-11's that CL reviewd

The Di-11's were easily in the top two of distance/GI irons I demoed this year (for me). I would also recommend that you try out the Cleveland CG16's.

The Di-11's were easily in the top two of distance/GI irons I demoed this year (for me). I would also recommend that you try out the Cleveland CG16's.

I've been playing Clevlands for the last 10yrs I have loved them but I think its time move away from Clevland for a while , except for there wedges a golf bag is not complete unless it has there wedges in it

I've been playing Clevlands for the last 10yrs I have loved them but I think its time move away from Clevland for a while , except for there wedges a golf bag is not complete unless it has there wedges in it

I wouldn't limit yourself like that, ogie. If it works for you, play it. I understand what you are saying, but I try to give everything a fair chance.

I am pondering a R9 R11 4wood to replace both of my Superfast (3/5) so I can add a 3 iron or additional hybrid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back