TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

See my response to TC. I used to but not so much now. I'm not sure if the quality has changed in the Tour Velvets but they are different than they used to be.

I dont think so Hanks, I think they feel just like the TV's...if you notice when I fist got them I was comparing the grips to the tour velvets, then I look at the top of the grip ot find out they were. I felt like a dumb dumb.

I know it's only been a few rounds but I can tell you really like these irons man. Great thoughts so far and I'm really enjoying the video aspect as well. Sometimes it's just hard to put into words when a club/iron just strikes a good vibe. I'm really pumped to try these out now.

Thanks buddy, the thing is you are right. They feel as good as they sound so I wanted everyone to really be able to hear that sound. I love these so far.

Awesome One-T! You and I are thinking the same with regards to a lot of things about these irons. Feel, control, accuracy right out of the box/range? Sign me up

yes we are....I dont know if thats a good thing...hehe, jk. That is how I feel. I am able to slow my swing down to a controlled swing and I am getting incredible results.

Nice review One-T. I can't watch the video at work, but I will check it out at home. I wonder what the direct comparison with these and R9s are? I wonder if they are pretty close.

Good Question DMB, I have not hit the R9's in a long time so its hard to make that comparison.

I played the S300s in my BP's. Loved the shaft to be honest. But when I went to a lighter shaft, I liked that too. Sounds like the stock shaft is a great mix of the two from what I'm hearing. One T keep it up man.

when I first onboxed them, the first thing I noticed was how much lighter they were. Its not an astounding amount but its noticeable. My bro and I then grabbed a CG& and held one of each to compare weight, and its definatley noticeable then.

That's great to hear. I'm looking to go even lighter on my next set of irons. Seriously getting pumped for these. They sound great. Long term I'm anxious to see how they work out for you all.

On mishits are you noticing any twisting of the clubhead? Sorry if I skimmed that haha.

when I first onboxed them, the first thing I noticed was how much lighter they were. Its not an astounding amount but its noticeable. My bro and I then grabbed a CG& and held one of each to compare weight, and its definatley noticeable then.

Good stuff One-T, I love the videos and your feedback is outstanding. Keep em coming everyone!

not at all unless you're way out on the toe. but I don''t have much of that with these anyway which is usually my main miss.
That's great to hear. I'm looking to go even lighter on my next set of irons. Seriously getting pumped for these. They sound great. Long term I'm anxious to see how they work out for you all.

On mishits are you noticing any twisting of the clubhead? Sorry if I skimmed that haha.

I guess the little server burp blew out my comment. One-T, aka Jeff Overton, nice little video there and great feedback. So far it seems these irons are a homerun. Nothing but great things to say about them from everyone. Across the lines too. I want them.

they had you at 'hello'

TM really has knocked it out of the park with these

I guess the little server burp blew out my comment. One-T, aka Jeff Overton, nice little video there and great feedback. So far it seems these irons are a homerun. Nothing but great things to say about them from everyone. Across the lines too. I want them.

Sweet. That is a common miss for me. Most of my shots are towards the toe when i do miss. This is something I look for. Appreciate the feedback Hanks!

not at all unless you're way out on the toe. but I don''t have much of that with these anyway which is usually my main miss.

+3

no, on the par 3 referenced above my 5 iron mis hit was pretty far out on the toe and the club head did not turn at all.

Can anyone tell me how these compare to the R9s? I may have to change my dream iron sets!

Can anyone tell me how these compare to the R9s? I may have to change my dream iron sets!

I am sorry that I can not. I have not hit the R9 in quite some time. I will say that I do remember the R9 feeling incredible off the face and these do as well! The one positive with these is that it doesnt take much of a swing to get the ball in good motion. That part has really made these irons shine!

Loving this guys, just loving it! Great reviews all the way around!

So if I'm understanding everything right, the DG XP shafts launch higher than the regular DG shafts?

Yes that is correct.

So if I'm understanding everything right, the DG XP shafts launch higher than the regular DG shafts?

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

yes, the XP shafts are a higher launching shaft...and you can tell! I love the ball flight with these

Yes that is correct.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

yes, the XP shafts are a higher launching shaft...and you can tell! I love the ball flight with these

Thanks guys. So would they still be considered mid-launch or are these getting up into high launch? They aren't listed on the True Temper website.

Thanks, however you've got the Dynalite Gold XP link there. TM website says Dynamic Gold XP so do the pics I've seen here too.

my bad...well all I know is they are high launch...its what I requested from TM

Dynalite, Dynamic, whatever, I want these bad boys!!

my bad...well all I know is they are high launch...its what I requested from TM

Cool. I've got the DG High Launch in my irons and they are really nice. I'm sure the XP's are no different.

Dynalite, Dynamic, whatever, I want these bad boys!!

Dare I say, yes me too! The line to try these bad boys out at the Outing will start behind me!

Yeah, I have a feeling many people will be getting these clubs. All it will take is a few swings to get hooked

definitely....these clubs may be this year's Mashie epidemic outbreak that we saw at last year's Outing
Yeah, I have a feeling many people will be getting these clubs. All it will take is a few swings to get hooked

Back