Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Hit the razr x irons today, really liked the tour model. The store owner indicated he could place an order today, but perhaps they can't be purchased in stores until the 18th. The regular razor x irons had a substantial sole by the way.

Merged with the RAZR X thread.

These intrigue me. I will definitely be adding these to my to try list, probably the tours.

I spent some time with the Razr GI and Razr Tour this afternoon. With the GI version I was pretty inconsistent, the uniflex shaft was lighter then I prefer but I just didn't care for the overall feel. The club was certainly forgiving anywhere on the face and will save quite a few shots over the course of a round. The Tour version was my perferred iron, aided by the DG shaft in it which is the weight I prefer. I couldn't get over how explosive the ball was off the face while also imparting a soft feel. It's an odd feeling to describe because I don't think I've ever hit an iron that offered such a hot face while also feeling like a forged club. The thinner sole was also to my liking as the turf interaction is minimal and allows me to get through and compress the ball. I think Callaway has a winner with this iron.

Really wasn't impressed with the X-Series.. Ever. These are certainly a step up to the current competition. I do think that the new forged are fantastic though.

I just picked up a set of Cally Razr x irons . Wasn't sold on the burner 2.0's so I returned them after demoing the Razr x irons. While not as long as the burners,1/2 to 1 club shorter. I found them much more accurate though the set. The Razr long irons were much easier to hit likely do to the shorter shafts.
I like the feel , as discribed by others Callaway like. Burners felt good as well just different.
Really like what they did with the sole, much narrower and playable than the X series.

All in all I am very happy with the Razr x irons . They are what I hoped they would be longer and more playable sole than the earlier Cally x series. Length with accuracy and a nice feel ...great iron for my game.

L57

After looking at these pictures again, I really like what Callaway has done with the top line perimeter weighting. Instead of projecting it out laterally, it seems tucked down to make the top line nice and thin.
I hope other companies follow suit.

I recently hit these over the weekend and I'm really impressed. The irons look really good in hand and I was actually digging the stock shaft. The feel on a well struck shot is real good imo.

I made my brother hit the Razr irons over the weekend b/c I trust him and he enjoyed the Razr Tours a lot! I think that they are sharp looking irons myself and look forward to hitting them at some point.

I made my brother hit the Razr irons over the weekend b/c I trust him and he enjoyed the Razr Tours a lot! I think that they are sharp looking irons myself and look forward to hitting them at some point.

Glad he liked them TC. I found them a little harsh for my liking

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Like harsh at impact on the hands?

Geez, this weekend it really hit me that I need to be right handed. My predicament sucks.

I thought the Tours were a little on the harsh side as well overall. On a well struck shot I preferred the non tour version. It didn't sting my hands as much as it just felt like I was hitting the ball with a brick on a mishit. I don't know if that makes sense. Obviously not that heavy but it even felt harsher than some mishits with the forged version of the club. I'm going to take a little more time with them next go round though. The tours are still good clubs.

Geez, this weekend it really hit me that I need to be right handed. My predicament sucks.

I tried the Razr tours this past weekend and really enjoyed them! They have a firm feel, but outstanding forgiveness for a "player's club." I actually ended up purchasing them. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a couple weeks before I can hit them outside as it's still a bit chilly up here in Indy. Thanks to all those who posted reviews! I wasn't considering these initially, but the strong reviews on here peaked my interest.

I hit the Razr X tour and the Razr X forged this weekend and I must say that I was more impressed with the X tour. It was hands down more forgiving and the ball flight was great. I was hitting it in the same spot (most of the time) and seeing the same results. the X tours would be on my radar if I was in the market. They are an awesome looking club in person as well. The top line has been shaved a bit to give you the look of more of a players iron. Which is an awesome idea for people concerned with that.

yeah, just had a harsh feeling throughout the club and really noticed it in the hands. The CG16 irons I've played with the last few times I've been in FL felt hard but had a nice crack sound to them and felt ok with my hands but the Tours just felt plain harsh all around

I wonder if I had them put on a lie board I could see if they just werent the right fit. I was hitting the same spot for the most part lol. I loved the Diablo Forged and was hoping the Razr X Tour would be the same but was really disappointed. To me, the Razr X felt more like the Diablo forged than the tour version. Ida know. Maybe it was an off day. Just fun how there are so many different ways to look at a club.

I hit the Razr X tour and the Razr X forged this weekend and I must say that I was more impressed with the X tour. It was hands down more forgiving and the ball flight was great. I was hitting it in the same spot (most of the time) and seeing the same results. the X tours would be on my radar if I was in the market. They are an awesome looking club in person as well. The top line has been shaved a bit to give you the look of more of a players iron. Which is an awesome idea for people concerned with that.

Ive never really been a fan of Callaway, but I want to hit these this comming weekend at the Indy Golf Show. My brother-in-law is a Callaway nut, kinda like how I am a big fan of Taylormade.

I wonder if I had them put on a lie board I could see if they just werent the right fit. I was hitting the same spot for the most part lol. I loved the Diablo Forged and was hoping the Razr X Tour would be the same but was really disappointed. To me, the Razr X felt more like the Diablo forged than the tour version. Ida know. Maybe it was an off day. Just fun how there are so many different ways to look at a club.

Could have been an off day, or maybe you just didnt like them. It happens. I found then very forgiving and I liked the ball flight I was getting

I may not have liked them. I've learned that one day won't make or break it for me anymore so I'm gonna give them another go. It took a few sessions to warm up to the DF's as well.

Could have been an off day, or maybe you just didnt like them. It happens. I found then very forgiving and I liked the ball flight I was getting

I may not have liked them. I've learned that one day won't make or break it for me anymore so I'm gonna give them another go. It took a few sessions to warm up to the DF's as well.

I understand what you mean. I was VERY impressed with the x tours, the x forged left me wanting more.

Got to demo the Razr X against the Diablo Edge today against a net with Trackman, both irons felt really good to me, the Razr's for some reason felt much lighter and just felt easier to swing. Dispersion was much tighter with the razr and other then one badly fat shot distance was pretty close to what I'm seeing on my current irons. They did a full fitting with the Razr X 1" longer and 2 Degrees upright and after that I was hitting the ball really well on the simulator. Can't comment on the trajectory since I was just hitting into a net but they seemed to be launching lower then my current irons.

Looking forward to demoing more irons as the weather warms up but I was pretty impressed with the Razr X. Also got a free hat and a dozen Callaway Tour i(z) balls just for getting the fitting done.

Played a round with the razr x irons today. Really impressed, not sure whether to buy them or not though. Could take another round or two. Had my heart set on burner 2.0s. Play Nike sumo irons currently and am wondering will the razr x make a difference to me. Looking for irons suited to a mid-handicapper. Anybody help me make my mind up? A colleague bought the razr x and didn't like them, I can have them for a very good price but I need some help

Played a round with the razr x irons today. Really impressed, not sure whether to buy them or not though. Could take another round or two. Had my heart set on burner 2.0s. Play Nike sumo irons currently and am wondering will the razr x make a difference to me. Looking for irons suited to a mid-handicapper. Anybody help me make my mind up? A colleague bought the razr x and didn't like them, I can have them for a very good price but I need some help

I never played the Sumos, so I cannot compare them, but I liked the Razr X irons quite a bit. However I am guessing since they are 2nd hand, they would not be fit for you. I would strongly recommended going through a fitting as a mid-capper and getting both shafts and lenth and lie adjusted properly before purchasing anything.

Back