Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow Review from Testers

Lets keep this about the ball testing only please.

I can tell ya one thing. This new Bridgestone RX Yellow ball must be pretty special. If it's good enough for my wife to fall into a pond trying to retrieve one, it's a fricking winner:thumb:

I can tell ya one thing. This new Bridgestone RX Yellow ball must be pretty special. If it's good enough for my wife to fall into a pond trying to retrieve one, it's a fricking winner:thumb:

Very true Gray, if someones willing to fall in a pond for a ball it has to be amazing.

Keep the reviews coming, guys (and gals)! This is my ball of choice and I'm really excited to get them out on the course.

The official Hawk seal of approval!
Keep the reviews coming, guys (and gals)! This is my ball of choice and I'm really excited to get them out on the course.

Just getting home from a little night golfing, I used the RX and my tried and true vapor speeds. I must confess my pics didn't transfer, so apologies for failing that aspect of comparing the two.

Honestly I didn't see much performance difference between the two tonight in regards to distance or action around the green. The greens were very soft so pretty much anything was gonna sit quickly. I did however again prefer the RX feel off the putter (non-insert) and driver.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Spent some more time with the yellow RX and each time I come away more impressed. The yellow was one of the reasons I had switched over to the Z-Star some of the time, and now that my ball of choice is available in the same color, I am extremely happy.

I wont get into all of my performance aspects of the RX, because frankly they have been written before in a review or 2. I believe in ball fitting VERY much so. I believe that it can be the difference in someones game as much as any equipment out there. Not compressing or over compressing a ball can really hurt a golfer. I also believe that too many golfers are concerned with spin and what they find out as they get better is that technique can fix that and reduced spin can sometimes be a great thing especially off the tee. It is all about fitting and finding a ball that is right for each person. Numbers really dont lie in that regards...(end rant).

The yellow delivers on everything I could want it to. It makes it easy to see for me both in the air and on the ground. Missed the FW twice in my last round and the ball was gleaming in the pine needles waiting for me. Ironically my playing partner hit his (white ball) in the opposite side and we could not find it in the brush. I love the visibility, but I also love so many other things about it.

I like not having to mark my ball in my foursome.
I like not having to wonder which one is mine when we move towards the FW after the tee shot.
I like that the yellow ball does not show as much wear (its there) as the white ball does.
I like lining it up on the green to putt

Most of all I like that I think I save an extra ball here and there by finding them and that saves me money. In the end, the RX is the ball I play by choice and fitting, and now that it is yellow, I might even play it exclusively.

Spent some more time with the yellow RX and each time I come away more impressed. The yellow was one of the reasons I had switched over to the Z-Star some of the time, and now that my ball of choice is available in the same color, I am extremely happy.

I wont get into all of my performance aspects of the RX, because frankly they have been written before in a review or 2. I believe in ball fitting VERY much so. I believe that it can be the difference in someones game as much as any equipment out there. Not compressing or over compressing a ball can really hurt a golfer. I also believe that too many golfers are concerned with spin and what they find out as they get better is that technique can fix that and reduced spin can sometimes be a great thing especially off the tee. It is all about fitting and finding a ball that is right for each person. Numbers really dont lie in that regards...(end rant).

The yellow delivers on everything I could want it to. It makes it easy to see for me both in the air and on the ground. Missed the FW twice in my last round and the ball was gleaming in the pine needles waiting for me. Ironically my playing partner hit his (white ball) in the opposite side and we could not find it in the brush. I love the visibility, but I also love so many other things about it.

I like not having to wonder which one is mine when we move towards the FW after the tee shot.
I like that the yellow ball does not show as much wear (its there) as the white ball does.

Most of all I like that I think I save an extra ball here and there by finding them and that saves me money. In the end, the RX is the ball I play by choice and fitting, and now that it is yellow, I might even play it exclusively.

All very good points and my exactly why I enjoy the yellow ball. Well said!

Great thoughts JB. although as the yellow becomes a more popular option you as well as others may be having to mark their balls just as they are now with the white ones. Love the fact that there may be some savings tied to the yellow (not losing as many) too which is something I hadn't thought of.

Great thoughts JB. although as the yellow becomes a more popular option you as well as others may be having to mark their balls just as they are now with the white ones. Love the fact that there may be some savings tied to the yellow (not losing as many) too which is something I hadn't thought of.

Unless your KellyBo in which case being able to see it in the hazard might be a bad thing.

Up here I never saw anyone use any of the Srixon Yellow Balls(which I said in that thread). I remember when I received the yellow e6 to play the guys I was playing with were thinking I was using a mini golf ball till I showed them what it was. I remember JB saying that the yellow Zstars couldn't stay on the shelves down in FL, while up here they didn't sell a whole lot(according to the local GolfGalaxy manager). I'm looking forward to getting fit by bridgestone when they make their way up here in the spring. If the RX comes out as my perfect ball(or even e6 for that matter) I'm pretty sure they will be yellow.

agreed. as soon as I use up the leftover 330-S balls I have from last year I'll be moving to 330-RX yellows asap
Up here I never saw anyone use any of the Srixon Yellow Balls(which I said in that thread). I remember when I received the yellow e6 to play the guys I was playing with were thinking I was using a mini golf ball till I showed them what it was. I remember JB saying that the yellow Zstars couldn't stay on the shelves down in FL, while up here they didn't sell a whole lot(according to the local GolfGalaxy manager). I'm looking forward to getting fit by bridgestone when they make their way up here in the spring. If the RX comes out as my perfect ball(or even e6 for that matter) I'm pretty sure they will be yellow.

I used to play the B330 and always liked the ball. I now work with a Taylor Made shop and have switched to the Penta because I can get it at a discount. HAHA. The yellow has peaked my interest, and I would love to give it a shot. The ball looks beautiful, (the closeups earlier in this thread), and wonder what it looks like in the bright sun? My one concern, how will it look lined up with my white R11 driver? Too busy? HMMMM...

A lot of people got the ball that have not chimed in yet. Looking forward to hearing from everybody.

agreed. as soon as I use up the leftover 330-S balls I have from last year I'll be moving to 330-RX yellows asap

I agree Hanks, I have 2 1/2 boxes of B330-RX's as I bought 2 more in December to get the Bridgestone Windshirt they were giving away with the purchase of 2 dozen. I don't lose a lot of balls and it will take a while for those to be gone. I have not lost one of the yellow ones yet, and only one has a small cart path scuff.

Last edited:
I finally got out to play a quick 9 today. I am very impressed with this ball. It is long and straight off the driver when I hit it well. I also got some spins off the irons which I do not do very much. The thing that impressed me the most was the feel around the green. It has a softer feel than the Srixon Z-Star that I used to compare today. The RX feels awesome off the putter and checked up nicely on chips and pitches that I tried around the greens this afternoon. I am a fan of the Optic Yellow; I have been use to the color since I have used the Z-Star Tour Yellow in the past. Overall, I think I have found a new ball to use exclusively. I am very impressed with Bridgestone and I am now a fan for life

First of all, let me report that my grandmother has been moved to a rehab facility and other than fighting with the therapists, seems to be doing a bit better.

Now on to my first review of the B-330 RX Optical Yellow

Played 9 holes this afternoon at the Links at Novadell, where the track was decent and the weather was partly sunny.

Love the yellow, the ball was easy to pick up in the air and on the dormant bermuda fairways.

Off the tee, ball was outstanding, held lines very well and I have a feeling would get some good roll on a dry track.

Good feel off the irons and hybrids, ball checked up nicely on the greens and even a little bit of good spin. On one hole, hit approach with pitching wedge to about four feet. I will try to post the picture of that later.

Off the putter, held the line very well. I used the Rife Two Bar blade putter which I recently rescued from a garbage can on the course. The ball was a little mushy coming off the face. I will use my Yes! Callie next time to see the difference between the two. The Rife may end up either for sale or trade.

All in all, I was very impressed with the ball and will use it again when I have an opportunity to get out and play, which may be a while because of upcoming post season basketball broadcasts and family matters.

Grade for today A-

Glad to hear about your grandmother, toddo. Also, nice job on the review.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

On course TOMORROW baby! WHOOO!

Too dang excited. Good write up tomorrow night.

I had the RX (yellow) out on the course again today. I played a late afternoon nine so I pretty much had the course to myself. I was able to play two balls on every shot...my normal white B330-S and the yellow RX. While the RX is a great ball, I am pleased to confirm that the chat, web and phone fittings I've done with Bridgestone have all been correct that the B330-S is the right ball for me. I'm a big believer in ball fitting, and I found it exciting to see on course results that back up what Bridgestone has told in me (in several different formats) regarding the best ball for me.

Today was a beautiful sunny day in FL so I had a different experience than my first post (which was on an overcast day where I honestly did not notice a great increase in visibility). Today this ball was bright, easy to find, easy to track in the air and easy to identify. I have not played a yellow ball in the past, but I have to agree with JB that it sure it nice to drive up the fairway and be able to immediately identify your ball.

The RX feels soft to me, but it doesn't spin to much or balloon. It just feels softer off my irons that the B330-S and it definitely sounds different off the driver. I found it to be similar around the greens with no noticeable different in performance on short game shots or putting. I actually had my wife use one of these test balls for a few holes today and she loved it! She also plays the e6 yellow but didn't notice a huge difference between the two.

More testing to come.

Good stuff AHA, so cool to see more proof of B'stone's ball fitting truly working, so so cool.

Reviews are looking great! Any ideas when the yellow RX will be released? (sorry if this was noted earlier)

Reviews are looking great! Any ideas when the yellow RX will be released? (sorry if this was noted earlier)

Mid march appears to be the release.

Back