Is Golf A Sport?

• YES!

Votes: 157 94.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters
Are you secretly solidkjames?

You are right, it is just a forum and you can believe whatever you want. I don't know why I'm trying to convince you otherwise. I don't know why I get hot and bothered about it b/c fact is, you would probably be a treat to tee it up with.

What does that mean? A treat to tee it up with?

Thats what I wanted to bring up, before I started golfing I never thought golf was a sport, now 100% believe it is, curling I have tried and it is very hard and maybe it is a sport, thats the debate, I have never seen how the pro's train. I respect your thoughts about Car Racing but I don't think I could ever call a Driver an athlete but again I have never gotten into a racecar going 300 mph.

It is an interesting transition when you really learn about things isn't it? [not meaning to poke at you, this is an observation in general] I too was exactly the same way - I'd mock my friend for golfing and curling. Now look at me! Haha I have so much respect for all those 'athletes'.

However,
You know, you might not agree that drivers aren't athletes for driving cars; but you have to agree that they have to be an athlete to drive the car - Read my links about the F1 drivers monstering triathlons, and on the physical demand of driving a race.

What does that mean? A treat to tee it up with?

It means exactly what it means dude. Don't let the roids get to your head. You like golf, you like equipment. I like golf, I like equipment, that's really what is important here. I would gladly tee it up with you dude. It's my way of apologizing for getting worked up b/c of your opinion. I shouldn't. I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm being for real bro. Chill-ax.

Dude he'd be a blast. I'm not being sarcastic. I know this will come off sarcastic but it's not. That's what I love about it here. I can disagree with someone and still talk River Monsters.

You are right, it is just a forum and you can believe whatever you want. I don't know why I'm trying to convince you otherwise. I don't know why I get hot and bothered about it b/c fact is, you would probably be a treat to tee it up with.[/QUOTE]

Mustng5, please see the AP Athlete of the Year list... you'll find many golfers there.

It is an interesting transition when you really learn about things isn't it? [not meaning to poke at you, this is an observation in general] I too was exactly the same way - I'd mock my friend for golfing and curling. Now look at me! Haha I have so much respect for all those 'athletes'.

However,
You know, you might not agree that drivers aren't athletes for driving cars; but you have to agree that they have to be an athlete to drive the car - Read my links about the F1 drivers monstering triathlons, and on the physical demand of driving a race.

I agree with you and would say that while some Racecar drivers are athletes, they are not athletes because they are racecar drivers. Its very true about how your views on a activity can change once you attempt it.

JB, does your quote specify where he lacks those traits at, cuz he doesnt lack them in the batters box sir.

I think you might want to do some research on Mr. Ortiz and possibly MLB. He DOES lack quite a few of those traits despite you trying to say that I said he had none of them (never said that). Both in the batters box and his lack of fielding ability (reason he does not field) despite you seeing his stellar 1st base play like you mentioned earlier.

That is #2 or #3 times you have tried to put words in my mouth in this thread alone. I will kindly ask you to please use the quote if you are going to use my posts. Thank you.

So golf isnt a sport because a footballer or B-Baller would cap you if you told him football wasnt a sport?

I dont think they would give a rats ass either, they are making money thats all they care about. Im going to end this debate because it has gotten out of hand now, football and basketball are dominated by African-Americans, which I happen to be also. Is that why you used the word "cap"? Is that why you chose to use those examples? why not baseball or tennis or hockey? Its clear, that was a racial statement.

I agree with you and would say that while some Racecar drivers are athletes, they are not athletes because they are racecar drivers. Its very true about how your views on a activity can change once you attempt it.

Would you agree then that one maybe precedes the other in order for one to be a successful driver/curler/person who partakes in the vast majority of sports?

I dont think they would give a rats ass either, they are making money thats all they care about. Im going to end this debate because it has gotten out of hand now, football and basketball are dominated by African-Americans, which I happen to be also. Is that why you used the word "cap"? Is that why you chose to use those examples? why not baseball or tennis or hockey? Its clear, that was a racial statement.

Thainer had no idea you were African-American, don't play that card

Gotten out of hand NOW? wow you have got to be joking. Youre calling be a racist? Those two sports are dominated by gun violence, it had nothing to do with african american anything. Youre a joke, a complete joke.

Whoa! This post makes me think ignorance sometimes. You have NO IDEA if all someone cares about is money. None whatsoever and frankly that is not a fair statement.

Now to the next side of things, getting race from that is a ridiculous comment and makes me think that you are here only to argue. You know of no one else's race and you want to play a race card based on someone using basketball or football based on their crime records compared to other sports? There is NOTHING in that post about race and we at THP will NOT have conversations turned into that!

whoa dude! How is he suppose to know that? C'mon man, don't go there. I didn't think that he went there at all. Now I'm disappointed.

Would you agree then that one maybe precedes the other in order for one to be a successful driver/curler/person who partakes in the vast majority of sports?

I would agree 100% with you that an athletic curler, racecar driver, or golfer has a big advantage over a competitor who is not. I also like that we are having our own little cordial canadian debate in between the rest of the thread.

Golf is a sport because we all love the game - END OF DISCUSSION

Before the beating the dead horse emoticons start coming out and people start ripping each other a new one, JB, please end, terminate, annhilate, monster (or whatever you want to call it) this conversation topic.

I would agree 100% with you that an athletic curler, racecar driver, or golfer has a big advantage over a competitor who is not. I also like that we are having our own little cordial canadian debate in between the rest of the thread.

Indeed! :cowboy:

Target shooting! Oh wait, is shooting a gun a sport or not?

to be doing it competively ...problely
it"s in the same line as golf
you have to have the mechanics down to make the shot.
Not everyone can bust 25 out of 25 shooting skeet or hit the x-ring at 300 yds or more.etc., etc.
Does it really matter if you enjoy it.Golf,shooting,car racing..etc.Does it matter if people don't consider it a sport or do consider it a sport.Or is wondering if it's a sport or not just a way to fill the time on some online forum.

"So golf isnt a sport because a footballer or B-Baller would cap you if you told him football wasnt a sport?"

Its no coincedence between the 2 most African American populated sports and him using the word "cap" or making a gun reference?

WOW??? dude chill out a little .... and when i tell someone they need to chill that is saying alot cause i've been in your shoes before. I can understand, you think that we are being condesending or flat out making fun of ya but nobody is doing that man. I've been guilty of the same thing but, i have to say even i would not take things THAT far. Just take a deep breath relax and think of a happy place.....

whoa dude! How is he suppose to know that? C'mon man, don't go there. I didn't think that he went there at all. Now I'm disappointed.

I never said he knew, the statement on its own if off putting, why wouldnt a baseball player shoot me? why wouldnt a hockey player shoot me?

"So golf isnt a sport because a footballer or B-Baller would cap you if you told him football wasnt a sport?"

Its no coincedence between the 2 most African American populated sports and him using the word "cap" or making a gun reference?

The statement was about crime and does not infer race at all. You are looking to argue and that is clear based on the last few comments. I strongly urge you to take it somewhere else because we will NOT have race discussions on this forum.

This is the last warning we will give!

Its no coincidence that gun rates are linked to the sport, I DID NOT incinuate race in any way shape or form.

YOU made that connection, NOT me.

Back