Srixon Z-Star Driver

devil's advocate question here....do you think this driver could have 'too much adjustability' going on? Weights, face angle, loft, lie, etc? If someone is a compulsive tinkerer they may never be satisfied with a particular setting and will always be searching for a new setting.

devil's advocate question here....do you think this driver could have 'too much adjustability' going on? Weights, face angle, loft, lie, etc? If someone is a compulsive tinkerer they may never be satisfied with a particular setting and will always be searching for a new setting.

No more so than the R9 or anything like that. In fact less than the R9. I think what they did hear was simplify the process so the golfer can have a better understanding on what happens when you move or change certain things.

If that person will do it with this head, he/she is the same person who would do it by always purchasing new drivers. It might save them money in the long run!

that's a great point. I wasn't considering the whole 'here's what happens when you do this and why' vs the 'I changed it because I could' thought process
No more so than the R9 or anything like that. In fact less than the R9. I think what they did hear was simplify the process so the golfer can have a better understanding on what happens when you move or change certain things.

No buddy. Definitely not that bad. So, I wonder what kind of shaft comes in this bad boy?

You're joking right? Everyone know it comes with a awesome Motore shaft.

Sent from Jerry Jones' office

Spent some time with this one again this weekend. Working on putting the review together. So far I am still liking what I am seeing. From so many different things (distance, forgiveness, etc). But I also love just how much it simplifies the process for everybody.

Spent some time with this one again this weekend. Working on putting the review together. So far I am still liking what I am seeing. From so many different things (distance, forgiveness, etc). But I also love just how much it simplifies the process for everybody.

So overall similar performance to the R9 JB? Not overly longer or more forgiving? Is this more geared towards a certain handicap or is it for everyone?

So overall similar performance to the R9 JB? Not overly longer or more forgiving? Is this more geared towards a certain handicap or is it for everyone?

I have not hit them side by side much at all, so I am not sure about that. I am not getting huge distance gains or anything. But I am getting what I believe is a better ball flight. I am also getting just an incredible feel out of this shaft. The Dromos is just that darn good.

I have not hit them side by side much at all, so I am not sure about that. I am not getting huge distance gains or anything. But I am getting what I believe is a better ball flight. I am also getting just an incredible feel out of this shaft. The Dromos is just that darn good.

This is definitely one that I want to try out. Seems like another great offering from Miyazaki. Is it all just the shaft though? A lot of your comments about this club (as well as the Mashie for that matter) have all related to features that the shaft helps or is directly related to the shaft. Would it be a contender if it didn't have the Dromos shaft in it? Just playing devils advocate here. I guess ultimately it leads to how awesome the shaft is and could it make any club better.

After just reading through this whole thread I would love for this driver to be in the running for my driver upgrade, but still no LH drivers????? Come on Srixon and Bridgestone a little love for the lefties!!!!

This is definitely one that I want to try out. Seems like another great offering from Miyazaki. Is it all just the shaft though? A lot of your comments about this club (as well as the Mashie for that matter) have all related to features that the shaft helps or is directly related to the shaft. Would it be a contender if it didn't have the Dromos shaft in it? Just playing devils advocate here. I guess ultimately it leads to how awesome the shaft is and could it make any club better.

I can answer this question based on my brief time with this club. The head is something special. I have never felt a driver head quite like this in my short time playing golf. This head felt like it had a bit of a trampoline effect and I also found it to be forgiving on off center hits.

The marriage of the Dromos shaft to this driver head is sublime in it's beauty. It is easy to get the right driver head, but getting the right shaft is so much more work and the shaft has so much influence on the feel of the driver.

Sent from my iPhone so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

That is a sweet looking driver. I play the ZR800, which is a Japan model and just love it. I think Srixon puts out great products. I love the equipment that I play of theirs...

Mike

I really think Hawk needs to test one of these to put it through the paces. :shame:

Still so excited to give this a whirl. Too many great clubs coming out this year!

Sent using Tapatalk please forgive my spelling

I really think Hawk needs to test one of these to put it through the paces. :shame:

Or you could make your way to the THP Demo Day.

I can answer this question based on my brief time with this club. The head is something special. I have never felt a driver head quite like this in my short time playing golf. This head felt like it had a bit of a trampoline effect and I also found it to be forgiving on off center hits.

The marriage of the Dromos shaft to this driver head is sublime in it's beauty. It is easy to get the right driver head, but getting the right shaft is so much more work and the shaft has so much influence on the feel of the driver.

Sent from my iPhone so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

Thanks Seth! Just what I needed to hear!

imo, the dromos may be the best looking miyazaki shaft yet.

this driver still treating you well?

+1 Miyazaki outdid themselves with this shaft

+1 Miyazaki outdid themselves with this shaft

yep. prolly by now you realize that i'm not into bright, bold stuff, so the dromos is just a really awesome change from the c. kua imo. almost like the shaft is a matte black but with that awesome artwork.

Still in the review process, but so far I am struggling to find something I dont like about it. It just is working that well for my game.

Still in the review process, but so far I am struggling to find something I dont like about it. It just is working that well for my game.

solid!

nothing better than trying to find something wrong with a driver and not being able to. that's a great problem to have.

No kidding, This driver is calling my name for some testing

1088223717_CvSXM-L-1.jpg

love this shaft!

Back