Srixon Z-Star Driver

Awesome look and technology. Ive never fared success with grooves on the faces of drivers

Your SuperTri is not working for you either?

ST is working just fine. To me these looked like the deeper grooves. The ST grooves look tiny compared to these. but then again I can only see pics.
Your SuperTri is not working for you either?

ST is working just fine. To me these looked like the deeper grooves. The ST grooves look tiny compared to these. but then again I can only see pics.

I see that in pics a little bit. In person, they are the same depth it appears.

Wow, just getting myself caught up on this thread... what an awesome driver!! Another new Miyazaki release?? Just awesome!! That is a sexy looking shaft! I wasn't really going to be looking at drivers come outing time, but this one is worth a look!!

How many face angle combinations are there? 8 like the ST?

Wow, just getting myself caught up on this thread... what an awesome driver!! Another new Miyazaki release?? Just awesome!! That is a sexy looking shaft! I wasn't really going to be looking at drivers come outing time, but this one is worth a look!!

How many face angle combinations are there? 8 like the ST?

It appears to have a little less. Again, appears, because it is packed and I dont have access to it right now (blame GG). But the ease of the weight changing and descriptions on what they do make it more user friendly I believe. For those that like the SuperTri, they will like this one quite a bit.

It appears to have a little less. Again, appears, because it is packed and I dont have access to it right now (blame GG). But the ease of the weight changing and descriptions on what they do make it more user friendly I believe. For those that like the SuperTri, they will like this one quite a bit.

Dangit GG!! :alien: No worries, thanks JB. So this new shaft is purely for adjustable drivers, or would it be equally beneficial in other drivers too?

Dangit GG!! :alien: No worries, thanks JB. So this new shaft is purely for adjustable drivers, or would it be equally beneficial in other drivers too?

I think this one helps 9I. I blew it up here for easier reading.

1088223538_DGcbK-X2-1.jpg

I think this one helps 9I. I blew it up here for easier reading.

1088223538_DGcbK-X2-1.jpg

Thanks JB! This sure looks like the club to have for 2011! I'm excited to try it out! Love that Miyazaki!!

Adams. I loved the 9064 that wasnt adjstable. But the adjustable sounded bad and had a totally different feel imo.

Im excited to try this one out as soon as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a mean club. By that it just looks like it is ready to kill that ball. I dislike waiting to buy a driver lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There going to be fairways in this model too? With the Miyazaki shafts too?

There going to be fairways in this model too? With the Miyazaki shafts too?

Yes. They still have the movable face via the hosel, but it appears to not have weights in the pictures.

Oh that is exciting!! I'll definitely be trying both of those out!!

"Another site" has posts to THP for answers on this driver. LOL!

Hopefully Robert Allenby will put this driver in his bag, open it up 2*, and perhaps not hook it into another fan's head.

Wow really nice looking stick. I guess i am going to have to put this driver and fairway wood on my short list to try out. I am looking forward to trying this one out.

I keep on thinking about this driver and I want one so bad. I am going to have to order one with my flex code when they come out.

Sent from my iPhone so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

I was the one referring to this thread on "the other site"

Didn't think it was a big deal

Anyways, thanks JB for all the info. There are zero Srixon dealers in theses parts. Getting info is more than difficult.

I hope the price is a little more friendly... scary dumping that much without trying it.

JB, you haven't mentioned how sweet the wrench/weight housing unit is. Pics maybe for the people?

Anyways, thanks JB for all the info. There are zero Srixon dealers in theses parts. Getting info is more than difficult.

I hope the price is a little more friendly... scary dumping that much without trying it.

I dont even know what site people are talking about. But I dont think it is a big deal at all.

As for the price, I think in some ways you get what you pay for in terms of shaft/head combo, plus adjustability (not quality means price, just that many are similar). Take a look at the R9 when it launched, the Titleist 910 series, and you will see the same price. I know people want to see a lower price (as we all do), but take a $250 shaft, add club head, and adjustability by a high end club maker and you get $399 in many cases. Im just surprised people are upset at the price here (again, not you, just feedback we are hearing), yet it is the same price as the new Titleist 910.

Welcome to THP by the way, glad to have you.

JB, you haven't mentioned how sweet the wrench/weight housing unit is. Pics maybe for the people?

Check out the home page and we talk about it in detail. Also in this thread. Pics coming in the review.

Welcome to THP Russ!

I personally didn't get long with this driver but I really wanted to. The shaft is special and truly a work of art, Miyazaki's best looking imo. The wrench technology and set up (weights included in the top which flips open for access). The sound is excellent and the feel is awesome but the results for me were a consistent push right.

If this club comes in at $399 with all the adjustments , thats much better then their other one priced at $499 with none .

If this club comes in at $399 with all the adjustments , thats much better then their other one priced at $499 with none .

We have been told that the MAP is $399 on this one.

What's the difference between map and msrp?

DIfferent numbers. MSRP is the full retail price that most places would not even be close to selling at. Some Green Grass shops maybe. MAP (minimum advertised price) is what companies can sell for at the floor level (meaning bottom).

For example - Titleist Pro V1 golf balls carry a MSRP of $58 per dozen.

Back