Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

I have read a couple of things about the thickness of these clubs at address. Did it bother you much, or not a big deal?

Didn't notice it at all. To be fair, I play the biggest irons ever made. Still, I thought they were just fine, especially for a GI/Distance iron.

Look at my signature man, you are not alone. And a little birdie told me we will have some different shaft options at the next outing too.

Tweet tweet!

I have read a couple of things about the thickness of these clubs at address. Did it bother you much, or not a big deal?

Doesnt bother me at all. I play to score, but I know others get caught up on looks at address and whatnot. I hear that offset means amateur and onset means better player. I hear that topline messes with my mind, I hear all of it. I can honestly say, none of it has ever bothered me. I only pay attention to the results of the ball at impact.

didn't think it was any bigger than the x-24's or 2.0's that I've played with

You guys are good... and all knowing. Thanks for the info, and thanks JB for answering my questions before I even think of asking it. I am new the forum but one thing is clear... You're good!

You guys are good... and all knowing. Thanks for the info, and thanks JB for answering my questions before I even think of asking it. I am new the forum but one thing is clear... You're good!

Check out the 2011 THP Outing and you will be all knowing on equipment before it hits the market too. It really is an incredible thing that everybody in attendance got to hit these clubs MONTHS before they get released.

Bump for beauty

hahaha, I want any new people to see them!

If you keep doing this, the least you could do is warn me before hand so I can bring a second pair of pants to work...

JB - I see your still gaming the CG 16's.....when is your full blown review coming out about these sticks? I have my choice narrowed down to these and the 2.0's....

JB - I see your still gaming the CG 16's.....when is your full blown review coming out about these sticks? I have my choice narrowed down to these and the 2.0's....

Sometime in December micone. I dont want to release a review where the clubs are not going to be out for 4 months or so. As we get closer to the end of the year, the review will go out.

Sometime in December micone. I dont want to release a review where the clubs are not going to be out for 4 months or so. As we get closer to the end of the year, the review will go out.

JB, Are the shafts in your CG16 the stock offering or did you have them reshafted.Am seriously looking at these next season but haven't decided on a shaft yet. Great site

JB, Are the shafts in your CG16 the stock offering or did you have them reshafted.Am seriously looking at these next season but haven't decided on a shaft yet. Great site

I have both. I have them with my True Temper Tour Proto Monaco Shafts, S300, and the stock offering.

Id be interested to see them debadged (ala mx300s) good looking iron

Bump for One-T

What am I thankful for? One-T and JB for bumping these so I can constantly drool over them. Bump!

(Will these drop already!)

These are good looking, but I prefer the cg16 tour, mostly for less offset. Liked the ballflight with these, but they didn't quite have that forged feel, that I'm accustomed to. Feel was still good and look forward to giving these a real go when they come out next year.

These are good looking, but I prefer the cg16 tour, mostly for less offset. Liked the ballflight with these, but they didn't quite have that forged feel, that I'm accustomed to. Feel was still good and look forward to giving these a real go when they come out next year.

i have yet to hit these, nor have i had the opportunity to hit the forged version, but i still just don't understand how a well struck golf ball feels better off of a forged club compared to a cast club.

this further cements an experiment that i want to conduct.

i have yet to hit these, nor have i had the opportunity to hit the forged version, but i still just don't understand how a well struck golf ball feels better off of a forged club compared to a cast club.

this further cements an experiment that i want to conduct.

Its all about the level of seriousness involved. You clearly are lacking seriousness.

damn thread keeps re-appearing to tease me....damn you CG16's!

Back