TaylorMade R11 Driver in Ghost

Kmac

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Rumors are swirling that the new R11 driver will be coming out in January and that it will be Ghosted. I know JB had a thread about a few months back about white drivers and if we would play one. Rumor has it that they still have the adjustability, but have made some tweaks to it to make it even better for opening and closing. What are your thoughts on it? Would you play a white driver? Light it up

Copyrighted material has been taken down.

EDIT: Pictures have been put up on the home page.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11196

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a tough one, I think that would be just a little tooo much white for my taste. The puttters are nice cause they are a relatively small head as opposed to a 460CC driver head. Also it would have to a very very tough finish to resist scuffing/scrapes during my violently horrendous swing.

would play white driver, though I don't think I will be replacing my driver anytime in the near future

I would definitely try it. Not sure how it would help

I'll snap you some spy pics of it if it's at the show in January hehe

I'd have to see it first hand to know for sure if I'd play it or not. You may HAVE to play a colored ball if you go with a white driver....

I would definately play one as long as I liked the feel of the driver. If its a great driver.....OF COURSE! If the driver lacks then NO I wouldnt play it just because its white. Man, I sure hope they come out with one

If there was a choice between ghost/non-ghost, I would go non-ghost. I love things in white, but not I'm not really into the idea of a white driver. Who knows though. It could be pretty awesome looking.

This is a hard one. I would really have to try it first. I love most of TM's stuff, but a 460cc driver head is so big that it shouts Look At Me.

It would hide dummy marks better, haha

I'll have to see it in person. I really like the black finish of the SuperTri. that's just base on looks of course. but if the white will help me drive the ball better, why not? :)

That's a tough one, I think that would be just a little tooo much white for my taste. The puttters are nice cause they are a relatively small head as opposed to a 460CC driver head. Also it would have to a very very tough finish to resist scuffing/scrapes during my violently horrendous swing.

Driver and putter side by side. Similar size to me.

ad415588-e176-09ee.jpg

I wonder if the face of the club would be white too? Like the all black look of the supertri and new nike machspeed black.

Driver and putter side by side. Similar size to me.

Similar yes, but with the extra depth...size matters.

going off memory wouldn't the Ghost putter be closer in size to some of the older, smaller driver heads? Like a Big Bertha etc.

Also shape would play into it as well, something like the shape of the DYMO2 in white would just look like a lopsided snowman, but TM has a great head shape.

And lastly I've always said I would play a soup can on a stick if it made me a better golfer :)

I guess I look at this differently. Most said they would not touch a white putter and now we are seeing the success of those. And with drivers, it was not that long ago that different colors were there. Red, Maple wood colored, silver, black, etc...

I for one said I wouldnt touch it at first [if I remember correctly]. But you cant shut out success.
I guess I look at this differently. Most said they would not touch a white putter and now we are seeing the success of those. And with drivers, it was not that long ago that different colors were there. Red, Maple wood colored, silver, black, etc...

I've thinking about this for a while and think it would be pretty neat. I'd go for it. The face better not be white though, can you imagine the red stripped range ball marks, lol.

I wasn't crazy about it, won it on THP and haven't looked back!

I wasn't crazy about it, won it on THP and haven't looked back!

This all goes back to my theory about aesthetics in clubs, marketing, and so much more. I swear I need to write that article sometime.

I'd need to see a white driver in person before deciding if I'd put it in play. Interesting concept though.

I wouldn´t mind a white Driver, actually think it might look kinda cool. The putters looks nice, toyed with one today on my "lunchbreak"*lol*

That's a tough one considering I have never seen a club that large in all white. White in putters have been around for years, my old Zebra putter is half the reason I recently bought a ghost putter. Of course the white has reasoning behind it in putters (reduced glare, high contrast, yada yada) vs the old norm of chrome.

It is also extremely bold considering how much every one loves the new black matte finishes in irons and wedges, name a club that is on your radar and DOES NOT have some form of darkening component as an offering?

Now you are doing a totally opposite contrast for the one club in your bag that no matter who makes it, is going to be black? And what reasoning is there to have a white driver other than the look? The above reasoning doesn't apply as much vs a black matted driver. + chips and scratches in the paint might look worse on the white vs black.

Can I see a niche for it right away? Very possible with folks around that love to have something "different" or customized in their bags. If they want to create a new norm of white drivers there will be plenty of resistance.

I just would like to know the simple reasoning behind it lol.

I think it might looked pretty sweet actually. And I think white would hide idiot marks and other scratches better than black. Black cars are way harder to keep clean and hide scratches on than white or silver cars.

And what reasoning is there to have a white driver other than the look? The above reasoning doesn't apply as much vs a black matted driver. + chips and scratches in the paint might look worse on the white vs black.

I guess my question would be, wouldn't the reason behind it be exactly the same as the reason behind the putter? And if not why?

I'd probably try one. Still not sold on the whole Ghost thing though! Just my $.02!

This brings up lots of interesting questions and thoughts for sure. Not only vertical but horizontal adjustment? Sick. Just how much of it is white? The Ghost putters are for the most part are ALL white. So would it be white underneath, on top and then a black face, sort of like the Ghost putters? Not sure how that would look but Im very curious to see how this goes together.

Back