THP FF Week 5 Thread

my how things have come full circle! i could've predicted this yesterday. it's nice to know that i can be right sometimes. fwiw, i'd veto the hell out of the bridges/JL trade.

And here we have FLTC trying to get in on our bidnezzzz! I'll let you hit my veto button... hehehehehe

And here we have FLTC trying to get in on our bidnezzzz! I'll let you hit my veto button... hehehehehe

That sounds like too much info.

LOL I guess I'm the only one that does not see this as a bad trade for Bridges. Well if Bridges wants it veto'd we should come to a consensus in this thread to decide on what to do.

This should say VETO.

Lol. And you hated my trade. This is why I love FF. I love to debate even when I know I'm probably wrong. Just awesome cause you get so many different opinions. Unless they say your team sucks. Then its just a one way single ticket to Butthurtville.
LOL I guess I'm the only one that does not see this as a bad trade for Bridges. Well if Bridges wants it veto'd we should come to a consensus in this thread to decide on what to do.

Lol. And you hated my trade. This is why I love FF. I love to debate even when I know I'm probably wrong. Just awesome cause you get so many different opinions. Unless they say your team sucks. Then its just a one way single ticket to Butthurtville.

Missing prison already? :D

all right, I have looked for this damn trade, what is the trade between bridges and JL?

also, I was just offered a trade between myself and P4B. I dont think I am going to accept it, well, I know I am not, but I have to ask my wife cause its her team too. So, if the trade gets accepted, it was all her, you heard it here first.

Colston, Portis, Torrain

For

Moss, Bey, Ringer

Basically Randy Moss for Portis (hes out), his backup, and Colston.

Colston, Portis, Torrain

For

Moss, Bey, Ringer

Basically Randy Moss for Portis (hes out), his backup, and Colston.

Thank you, man, it was 7 pages, I started seeing cross eyed. Thats a great trade if your getting moss. WOW! I am guessing Bridges is giving up Moss?!?

hahahaha, I dont think this one will get veto'd

See I didnt know about the trade rumors when the trade talks happened and portis was suppose to beat out 1-2 weeks not 4-6 or longer. If i would have known about the trade rumors (saw them about 5 minutes after the trade was final) I would have waited till atleast thursday to make any moves (because I know it takes 2 days for the trade to go through) then portis is out for that time and moss gets traded, I would have not traded moss at all knowing portis would be out and he would be traded and it goes in huge favor to JL when that happened. Moss has no bye week now and portis is out. So its not fair deal at all. Trust me if I know Moss has trade talk rumors I do not trade him till atleast thursday so I can see what will happen or If I even trade him at all.

I have mixed feelings about this one. Here is why.

On one side, I see this no different than someone making a trade and after the trade the guy going down to injury. It was just something that happened, and who knew? Sure the rumors were out there, but I didnt buy it, I still thought he was going somewhere else. Until I heard Rice might be done this year. But its the nature of the beast and part of FF. You reap what you sew. You make a trade offer, once its accepted, it should be a trade, barring collusion, in my opinion, the VETO should not be used.

On the other side, just yesterday, we had a similar situation in which a trade was made (2 starters for 1 star) and one of the participants in this trade felt as though the veto was necessary because he thought the trade was unfair to what he considered the losing team. However just hours later, he too trades 2 starters (1 injured) & a backup for a star and wouldn't the same rules apply in this case? Again, a case of you reap what you sew.

I wont let my vote count unless I need to. I think we should leave this one up to the participants in the league.

Let me put this out there.

Im NOT taking sides here.

1. Bridges knew that Portis was injured, just not to this extent, hence the reason his backup was thrown in.

2. Is this any different than the guy getting blown up the 1st play of the game after the trade? I actually think its not as bad being as though you already knew that he was injured. Just not to this extent.

3. I also believe that no trades SHOULD EVER be vetoed unless collusion is in play or a team is getting taken advantage of in some way. I dont buy this fair balancing trade act, etc... FF is about smart draft, smart moves, smart trades. Those that do that well should reap the rewards.

4. Had some not chosen to say that trades should/could be vetoed if people did not think they were fair, is the only reason this one comes into question for some in my opinion. It was put out there that uneven trades should/could be vetoed by voting that way yesterday. So in that case, I understand this and find it very ironic and quite funny in some ways. (again just my opinion)

So I am going to leave it to you guys for this one last vote. Would you like to end vetoing entirely? As commissioner if something looks fishy, I have no problem bringing it to a vote here or bringing it up (obviously), but I also think the idea behind the veto is to keep leagues fair in the aspect of collusion to dump players and nothing more. That is just my opinion and one that nobody else has to share.

So with that being said, what would you guys like to do.

Keep the veto power in
Have it removed
Or keep it like it is (brings funny conversation I guess)

Completely up to you and we can do whatever you would like.
hahahaha, I dont think this one will get veto'd

I quoted my thoughts on the idea just for you One-T

See I didnt know about the trade rumors when the trade talks happened and portis was suppose to beat out 1-2 weeks not 4-6 or longer. If i would have known about the trade rumors (saw them about 5 minutes after the trade was final) I would have waited till atleast thursday to make any moves (because I know it takes 2 days for the trade to go through) then portis is out for that time and moss gets traded, I would have not traded moss at all knowing portis would be out and he would be traded and it goes in huge favor to JL when that happened. Moss has no bye week now and portis is out. So its not fair deal at all. Trust me if I know Moss has trade talk rumors I do not trade him till atleast thursday so I can see what will happen or If I even trade him at all.

Im not sure that is a reason to veto a trade. Being that you did not know about the trade talks. It was being reported. Its not as if JL offered you this to be sneaky and you agreed without knowing. You offered him the trade and he accepted it.

I quoted my thoughts on the idea just for you One-T

Im not sure that is a reason to veto a trade. Being that you did not know about the trade talks. It was being reported. Its not as if JL offered you this to be sneaky and you agreed without knowing. You offered him the trade and he accepted it.
See but I think JL knew about the trade talk rumors before he accpeted it. Because he said no the very first time I offered it, then said let me think about it then came back and said ok Lets do it about the same time as the post from OEM was up. Then he said The only reason I did it was because im hoping Moss to Vikings talks are true. I had no clue, but he knew.

EDIT: JL pmed me at 7:17pm last night to confirm the trade. OEM's post was at 7:15 then said I only did it with the possibility of moss going to the vikes after that. He knew of the trade talks when I didnt.

See but I think JL knew about the trade talk rumors before he accpeted it. Because he said no the very first time I offered it, then said let me think about it then came back and said ok Lets do it about the same time as the post from OEM was up. Then he said The only reason I did it was because im hoping Moss to Vikings talks are true. I had no clue, but he knew.

EDIT: JL pmed me at 7:17pm last night to confirm the trade. OEM's post was at 7:15 then said I only did it with the possibility of moss going to the vikes after that. He knew of the trade talks when I didnt.

But that does not mean its not fair man. Research is your key. If he offered you the trade it might be different. You offered him a trade and he accepted it. You could have checked each player before hand, but you were busy trying to cut 9 deals, that trade talk did not even come into your mind...haha

Thanks for quoting your thoughts for me JB, I dont think for a second this trade should get veto'd. He accepted the trade, sorry bridges. I agree with what you are saying Jb, Bridges, I dont see your point, now, if I am in this league and it looks like this trade will mean JL takes the bacon, hell yeah I will veto it. Bu, if his team doesnt improve much, I leave it alone.

But that does not mean its not fair man. Research is your key. If he offered you the trade it might be different. You offered him a trade and he accepted it. You could have checked each player before hand, but you were busy trying to cut 9 deals, that trade talk did not even come into your mind...haha

agree completely, sorry again Bridges. hehe

Oh, and there are rumors Ray Rice is out for good?

Well see I offered him a trade a week ago, he passed. Then he offered me a trade, I passed. Then he came back and made the final trade last night on who he wanted because he said he had to go think about it. He just pmed me the finaly players who for who and I just went ahead and sent the request. So its really he sent the request and I accepted. I just happened to be quicker in getting to the league and sending the request before he did.

Bridges,
I agree that does change things, but could you not have just googled NFL News and seen the trade rumors?

Would you feel different if Portis was fine and then got hurt in Sundays game?

Or if Moss got hurt this Sunday, would you still have issues?

I mean I think outside of JL putting it out there that he vetoes trades based on what he thinks is fair or not , there is no reason to veto a trade outside of collusion. I dont think keeping the fair balance of the league and what some others put there makes any sense in the world. But that is just me. People should be able to be rewarded for good drafts and good pickups by trading depth for stars.

None of this would have happened if you had paused for a second and googled NFL news to check on things right?

Oh and JL, I will say this one more time just between us. You vetoing a trade of Rice for Harvin and Williams but saying this one is different is just politicking and you know it as much as I do.

Bridges,
I agree that does change things, but could you not have just googled NFL News and seen the trade rumors?

I mean I think outside of JL putting it out there that he vetoes trades based on what he thinks is fair or not , there is no reason to veto a trade outside of collusion. I dont think keeping the fair balance of the league and what some others put there makes any sense in the world. But that is just me. People should be able to be rewarded for good drafts and good pickups by trading depth for stars.

None of this would have happened if you had paused for a second and googled NFL news to check on things right?

Oh and JL, I will say this one more time just between us. You vetoing a trade of Rice for Harvin and Williams but saying this one is different is just politicking and you know it as much as I do.

oh snap! Thats just wrong man, why would you veto a trade like that and then expect this to go through. You veto my fair trade and I will veto any trade you ever thought of having.

oh snap! Thats just wrong man, why would you veto a trade like that and then expect this to go through. You veto my fair trade and I will veto any trade you ever thought of having.

I wont do it though One-T. I wont vote one way or another. I dont believe in vetoing anything outside of cheating.

Bridges,

Nothing was evem mentioned of moss going anywere when first started talking about things a little earlier in the day, I checked the fantasy football thing around 4 or 5 (cant remember the exact time) but all it has was the report of moss catching no passes, nothing about trade talks. I would be fine having moss and he got hurt monday for my team, I would be ok with that. Honestly it wouldnt matter rather portis is hurt or not, that was just added butt kicking to the table that he is down for so long lol Its just that moss was traded and I had no clue it was going to happen and heard nothing about it when the trade took place and JL did. I have no problem with me having moss and then he gets hurt or doesnt do well for a few games.

Back