THP FF Week 5 Thread

I didnt say the points were everything, I said look at them.

But if you want to compare the trade we made to that one. By all means have at it.

I am just trying to understand your line of thinking JB when you say forget about last years numbers, go with just what the player has done this year and look at the points created this year to judge if it is a fair trade. Using that logic I showed the other trade and wonder if in your eyes that is a fair trade also?

I think its a decent trade. In most leagues that I am in people tend to get mad over 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trades because they always think they could have offered more. People weren't happy when I got Pierre Thomas and Matt Cassel for McNabb.

I think Percy Harvin is going to be a nice pickup and Caddy will be fine. So what if he goes fro 25 touches a game to 20, that could benefit him. Not to mention that Ray Rice's knee isn't feeling so hot. I am not going veto this trade.

I want to address something that I got in PM but keep the names out of it. This was sent to me via pm as a reason someone did not like the trade we made.

"I look at it after the trade is done is the league still balanced and fair or did one team get much better than the other based on the trade"

Im sorry, but this is frankly absurd. I thought FF was about being a good gm. Drafting smart, making good pickups, and making smart trades. Drafting depth and having a deep team should have rewards. Should you not be able to trade that depth for a good player? What is the point of the league then? According to that logic, drafting a deep team, doing your research, and picking up good players early gives you no reward.

Yeah I mean Rice's injury isn't a worry. Just a bruise. Caddy has been healthy (for him) and I like 20 touches a game.

I think its a decent trade. In most leagues that I am in people tend to get mad over 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 trades because they always think they could have offered more. People weren't happy when I got Pierre Thomas and Matt Cassel for McNabb.

I think Percy Harvin is going to be a nice pickup and Caddy will be fine. So what if he goes fro 25 touches a game to 20, that could benefit him. Not to mention that Ray Rice's knee isn't feeling so hot. I am not going veto this trade.

Here is the deal. I don't value Rice like I did when I drafted him. I was deciding between him and Gore. I picked the wrong dude. I made a huge mistake in drafting, basically I pulled a Matt Millen.

I've participated in FF for a long time. I know when trades look lopsided and looking outside/in it could very well look that way. My team has holes and this helps. Rice wasnt winning me games and honestly I need someone I can count on. I believe Harvin will be a consistant guy. Regardless of who throws to him, he makes plays. His numbers arent outstanding now but I gotta take a chance, especially with the bye week and the Vikings having a chance to get it together.

The Ravens arent a running team. Rice doesnt even get allt he dump offs he used too. I played the wrong angle with my hopes for his success. He will ball out this year at some point but I can't be waiting.

I had other trade offers and they just didnt work out. If anyone feels upset about it I apologize but I had to do what's best for my team and I didnt see the other things happening. It's just another day in fantasy football :)

you don't have to apologize, it's what you wanted to do, even though you wanted to trade with me haha Everything is cool, I'm looking to trade myself, shocker I know lol

you don't have to apologize, it's what you wanted to do, even though you wanted to trade with me haha Everything is cool, I'm looking to trade myself, shocker I know lol

unfortunately Randy Moss's trade value is low this week...lol

unfortunately Randy Moss's trade value is low this week...lol

We will still take him if you would like bridges...haha.

Trading is what makes leagues great. The better you draft and pickup, the better position you are in to trade if you choose to. If Rice gets hurt next week was it still an unfair trade? What if Harvin plays great was it an unfair trade? Or what if Rice reverts back to last years form and runs like crazy, then I suppose it is an unfair trade. Its about risks and rewards and taking those risks. Depth on teams give you the ability to take those chances.

Maybe instead we should just equally split up all the players in the league instead of doing a draft to make sure everybody is equal. Im so confused by all of this. In my God's honest opinion and swearing on my wife and dog, I actually think we overpaid for Rice. But knew we could because we had depth but lacked stars.

Bridges!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. It just didn't seem like it was gonna work man. I know what you wanted and you know what you wanted.

I always thought the veto button in FF leagues was to make sure one of two things did not happen.

1. A team owner does not try and dump his team off to someone.
2. A team owner was not getting taken advantage of.

But I guess as usual, I am incorrect and it is in fact for completely other reasons as well.

I'd still take Moss...

And no ill will towards MB but I hope Rice tanks. I hope he puts up Matt Forte 09 numbers. I'm pissed I drafted him. He could ball out for his next 12 games and I'd still want to Roadhouse him. I drafted him as a rookie and he kills me in a 16 team league where every pick counts. He was my cornerstone and he played like a pebble. Even when healthy. I really dislike him as draft pick. It's almost Poulter status dislike. Of course now that I said that he will go all out but he already did me under. Punk.

end rant.....

0-4 Is starting to test my resolve with FF lol.

RAY RICE - ROADHOUSE
roadhouse.jpg

back on topic.

Don't forget Percy Harvin gets points for when he returns kicks for a TD.

I am kind of in shock right now that people are taking this trade so seriously. There should really only be one person who veto's a trade and that is the person offered the trade. I am still pretty new to FF but I don't really know why this is such a big deal? I was shocked when people voted to veto the trade with Adwillingham and Ddec.

I am kind of in shock right now that people are taking this trade so seriously. There should really only be one person who veto's a trade and that is the person offered the trade. I am still pretty new to FF but I don't really know why this is such a big deal? I was shocked when people voted to veto the trade with Adwillingham and Ddec.

I'm shocked too!!!

I didn't veto the trade although I don't think it was a very smart one for one of the teams involved. But I think the only reason to veto a trade is if there is some sort of collusion to make one team better but I just don't see it here. Anyway nice trade for Rice. I think you just got a steal.

Gee which team do you think wasn't very smart??? Lol, you have to do what you have to do sometimes.
I didn't veto the trade although I don't think it was a very smart one for one of the teams involved. But I think the only reason to veto a trade is if there is some sort of collusion to make one team better but I just don't see it here. Anyway nice trade for Rice. I think you just got a steal.

But I think the only reason to veto a trade is if there is some sort of collusion to make one team better but I just don't see it here.

I always did too. But I guess others just see it differently. This may be the only trade I have ever seen vetoed in my 20 years of doing fantasy football.

His app is free now I think hahaha. I use it all the time at work. HA.

**edit: He has a soundboard. You get Ocho clips whenever you want!
LMAO from now on instead of saying "It is what it is" i am going to say "Thass wassup with the wassup"

Sorry Yoccos lol. Gotta tell it like I see it. I think you could have gotten a better deal for Rice is all. If you wanted to trade him and let it be known I think you would have seen better offers. I guess JB was happy I turned down the offer he sent me lol. Hey I hope it works out for both teams. I play FF to trash talk and that is pretty much it. I don't take it all that seriously. I didn't want to jinx myself just in case but I was going to post last week how I pretty much always start out 3-0 or 4-0 and then crash and burn. Well looking at how my bye teams lined up and possibly having Cutler hurt I will be dropping to 3-2 and looking at taking the Slump Buster title over for Bridges(if that is at all possible)

As for anyone veto'ing the trade I just don't understand that. Unless you think Yoccos is intentionally giving JB the better deal I don't see why it would be vetoed.

CL,
We would ahve been thrilled had you taken our deal. Gore is a proven back over extended time that has done well and shown major hope this year. We needed the frontline RB and offered deals to 3 teams. Two of the three did not really need depth, but with Rice being an unknown entity right now, Yoccos took the deal.

You know what I forgot that the back you wanted was Gore. Yeah he is having a very good year for me even though he is not getting a ton of yardage on the ground.

Lol. See man you were supposed to come back with sometime like, you're a Bears fan. And then I could talk trash. haha. I know dude. But being 0-4 I don't think people would've traded as much as I would've liked.

This is how I look at putting someone on the trade block. My experience is, I get worse offers. People think because I want to trade, that means Ill take anyone. Not every case but for the most part that's what I've experienced.

Cutler will play. I don't know why but he will. He is gonna practice weds.
Sorry Yoccos lol. Gotta tell it like I see it. I think you could have gotten a better deal for Rice is all. If you wanted to trade him and let it be known I think you would have seen better offers. I guess JB was happy I turned down the offer he sent me lol. Hey I hope it works out for both teams. I play FF to trash talk and that is pretty much it. I don't take it all that seriously. I didn't want to jinx myself just in case but I was going to post last week how I pretty much always start out 3-0 or 4-0 and then crash and burn. Well looking at how my bye teams lined up and possibly having Cutler hurt I will be dropping to 3-2 and looking at taking the Slump Buster title over for Bridges(if that is at all possible)

As for anyone veto'ing the trade I just don't understand that. Unless you think Yoccos is intentionally giving JB the better deal I don't see why it would be vetoed.

Yocco's I think you made out alright in this deal. Vikes coming off a bye week, I'm sure Harvin and Favre got some work in. Caddy also coming off a bye.

Lol. See man you were supposed to come back with sometime like, you're a Bears fan. And then I could talk trash. haha. I know dude. But being 0-4 I don't think people would've traded as much as I would've liked.

This is how I look at putting someone on the trade block. My experience is, I get worse offers. People think because I want to trade, that means Ill take anyone. Not every case but for the most part that's what I've experienced.

Cutler will play. I don't know why but he will. He is gonna practice weds.

Well I was going to throw a Hershel Walker reference in there but didn't think it quite fit. I was then going to throw an Al Davis reference in there but didn't either. Bears are right up there for me as far as favorite teams. It goes Cowboys, Jets, Bears.

Back