Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How amazing is Oswalt at the Bank. Love that we have him locked up for years to come. 6 games up, now we just need to cement best record in NL for homefield advantage throughout.

I think the Phils only have Oswalt locked up through next year. Either way he's been on a roll since his first start which was rocky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hanks,

We have a club option for 2012, so for all intents and purposes we have him for 2 more years, unless we eat the 2 mil buyout. I thought having him for 2 years plus is what made this trade better than keeping he who shall not be named. Because "He" was seeking sabathia money so keeping him beyond 2010 was unlikely.

I'm always leery of club options and dont consider them final as they are an 'option' However at this point I have a hard time seeing them not keeping him now. Unless he gets traded to 'replenish the farm system' like Lee but I think GM Amaro learned his lesson on that one
Hanks,

We have a club option for 2012, so for all intents and purposes we have him for 2 more years, unless we eat the 2 mil buyout. I thought having him for 2 years plus is what made this trade better than keeping he who shall not be named. Because "He" was seeking sabathia money so keeping him beyond 2010 was unlikely.

Phillies your team? bstoner?

No love for Jose Bautista? First guy in 3 years to hit 50 HR's and the first ever Jay to get there. I don't think he will ever hit over 40 in his career again, but as a Jays fan, it has been nice to see.

Yeah, One-T. Grew up in Northeastern PA and been a Phils fan since birth. Same with Eagles, Sixers, Flyers and Villanova basketball. In college football, huge Gamecock fan - 2002 grad of the 'real' USC.

hgh monster..lol
No love for Jose Bautista? First guy in 3 years to hit 50 HR's and the first ever Jay to get there. I don't think he will ever hit over 40 in his career again, but as a Jays fan, it has been nice to see.

I want to root for the guy but how many times have we seen guys do this in a contract year. He has hit more this season than his last 3 seasons combined. Reminds me of what Beltre did in 2004.

Bought my Texas Rangers AL West Champs shirt today, Figured since it was the first time they have made the playoffs in 11 years that I needed to buy one.

Bought my Texas Rangers AL West Champs shirt today, Figured since it was the first time they have made the playoffs in 11 years that I needed to buy one.

I always pick up the shirts but I never really wear them. I always figure my kids will wear them one day.

Bridges, you're a true fan. I too have all 6 t-shirts from 2008 on (3 division champs, 2 nl champs and 1 world series) for my Phils. Guess I'll be buying another. Is there any doubt Halladay is your NL Cy Young winner this year. Go Phils. Keep rolling.

I always pick up the shirts but I never really wear them. I always figure my kids will wear them one day.
I will probably wear this one a lot. It looks pretty sweet..
Bridges, you're a true fan. I too have all 6 t-shirts from 2008 on (3 division champs, 2 nl champs and 1 world series) for my Phils. Guess I'll be buying another. Is there any doubt Halladay is your NL Cy Young winner this year. Go Phils. Keep rolling.

Haha thanks man. Hopefully this wont be my last division champs T-shirt I get to buy, although I do have a huge box full of Texas rangers stuff lol

What did Josh Hamilton and CJ Wilson do during the celebration?

What did Josh Hamilton and CJ Wilson do during the celebration?

Josh showered and got ready for a speech he had to do while they celebrated, they were going to pour a bucket of water on him, but he was already dressed when they got to him. He had a big speech to make to some kids about alcohol/drug abuse, if I remember right. It was actually pretty cool that he he made himself not celebrate, they also said he celebrated with them on the field and right before all the beer/champagne was poured and sprayed everywhere, and Im sure they had another party at a players house, doing a little but of celebrating. Idk about CJ though.

Hopefully the Rangers will win a playoff series for the first time. that would be sweet

Hopefully the Rangers will win a playoff series for the first time. that would be sweet

That would be awesome! Me and a few buddies tried getting tickets to some lower level seats for the playoffs, but nope the ones we wanted are gone.

no, it's a lock

I cant see Halladay not getting it.

purchased tickets to game 7 of the ALCS at Yankee stadium today. Only thing is, the Yankees need to win the division, have home field, and then get to a game 7. That seems to be a lot of needs for this purchase to work out. At least if there is no game 7 at Yankee stadium, it will only cost me 3 bucks.

Im pretty excite about this Padres/Giants game today.

I have been out of the loop a bit. What are the scenarios as far as if the Braves/Padres tie in the Wild Card? Has there been a coin toss yet?

• The San Francisco Giants (91-69) clinch the NL West and No. 2 seed with a win.
• If the Giants lose twice, the Giants still win the NL West and No. 2 seed with a win Monday at San Diego unless the Braves lose twice, dropping the Giants to the wild card and making the Padres NL West champions due to a 13-5 head-to-head record against the Giants.
• The Giants clinch the wild card if the Braves lose twice.
• The Giants clinch a Tuesday tiebreaker at Atlanta if the Braves split and Giants lose Monday at San Diego.

The Atlanta Braves (90-70) clinch a playoff berth with two wins, or a win and Padres loss, or two Padres losses.
• The Braves clinch a Tuesday tiebreaker in Atlanta vs. the Monday Giants-Padres loser with one win and two Padres losses.
• The Braves clinch a Monday tiebreaker in Atlanta vs. the Padres with no wins and one Padres loss.
• The Braves are eliminated with two losses and two Padres losses.

• The San Diego Padres (89-71) clinch the NL West and No. 2 seed with three wins (including Monday tiebreaker at San Diego), or two wins and two Braves losses.
• The Padres clinch a Monday tiebreaker at Atlanta with one win and two Braves losses, or Tuesday tiebreaker in Atlanta with two wins, Monday loss to Giants, and one Braves loss.
• The Padres are eliminated with a loss and a Braves win.

Dam, thats pretty confusing. There is a chance of two one game playoffs which is cool. Reminds me of the playoff breakdown in Baseketball.
Spoiler
[HULU]yzHv0mM3BDljuFmDxnnqMw" type[/HULU]

Padres up 4-0 after 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back