Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

Nice write ups both P4B and OEM!

Hey kevin, I will give you a dollar if you find a r9 7i to compare to the burners lol

I already know I'd take the burner 2.0's. The R9's just didn't work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solid write up OEM! i am glad to hear that the 2.0's are working out well for you, and for you as well P4B! i must admit, every time i see one of you post i kinda don't want to read it...lol. it's just getting me more and more excited.

great write ups guys. the 4 iron hasn't been as friendly to me as it has been for you guys but it's playable at least. love how these clubs are winning us over. I've also found like you guys that if you try to squeeze a little bit more out of these irons that you pay for it with fat shots. almost makes you swing in even tempo

great write ups guys. the 4 iron hasn't been as friendly to me as it has been for you guys but it's playable at least. love how these clubs are winning us over. I've also found like you guys that if you try to squeeze a little bit more out of these irons that you pay for it with fat shots. almost makes you swing in even tempo

i think that's a wonderful thing!

completely agree....now if I can find a driver that does the same thing I'd actually look like I know what I was doing out there lol
i think that's a wonderful thing!

completely agree....now if I can find a driver that does the same thing I'd actually look like I know what I was doing out there lol

i have to be honest with you, i found that with the k15 driver, the smoother and more even tempo'd i swung, the better the result. just throwing it out there.

i am so glad you guys are enjoying your 2.0's, it really is exciting. i spoke with OEM earlier and he's just raving about them.

interesting. I liked the G15 a lot last year but had issues with blocking it to the right but I bet it was a shaft issue more than anything. I'll keep my eye on the K15 because the pre-release drivers that P4B and I are hitting are nice but don't have a 'wow' factor which is a little disappointing considering the co.
i have to be honest with you, i found that with the k15 driver, the smoother and more even tempo'd i swung, the better the result. just throwing it out there.

i am so glad you guys are enjoying your 2.0's, it really is exciting. i spoke with OEM earlier and he's just raving about them.

interesting. I liked the G15 a lot last year but had issues with blocking it to the right but I bet it was a shaft issue more than anything. I'll keep my eye on the K15 because the pre-release drivers that P4B and I are hitting are nice but don't have a 'wow' factor which is a little disappointing considering the co.

yeah, i can understand your disappointment. you should've have a crack with the k15 at demo day.

have you measured your 2.0's and your 24's to get a specific length difference in the shafts or is it definitely 1'' longer?

yep, I'll post pics next time I take them both to the range.

So far my summary between the two is both are long (Burners are longer in distance and build) and the 24's are more forgiving. Both feel good but it's a different kind of feel for both
yeah, i can understand your disappointment. you should've have a crack with the k15 at demo day.

have you measured your 2.0's and your 24's to get a specific length difference in the shafts or is it definitely 1'' longer?

Good stuff Hanks. I was hoping to take the Burners out for a round today but I was up too late and its started raining this morning. I get off work earlier next week so I plan on a couple range sessions. Hopefully they go as well as it did yesterday.

In celebration of the Cowboys NOT going winless this year I went to the range again yesterday afternoon. As is usually the case I can never put two really good range sessions back to back. I had a case of the look-up's but when I remembered to keep my head down the Burners were awesome. Once again I found the 4 iron to be a beast. I think the 4 iron is going to be the fairway finder for those small fairways that the driver might be too much. I went to putting green for a bit and then returned for about 5 balls with the 7 iron and they were pure and long.

well, the sun's out for the first time in 4 days and i want to do nothing more than go get some range time in with the 2.0's! i haven't touched a club since florida, it's got me feeling blue.

well, the sun's out for the first time in 4 days and i want to do nothing more than go get some range time in with the 2.0's! i haven't touched a club since florida, it's got me feeling blue.

Could the first club you touch since FL be a Burner 2.0 today? Any word on the arrival? THP'ers await your thoughts and impressions like JB does a new golf package on the door step.

Could the first club you touch since FL be a Burner 2.0 today? Any word on the arrival? THP'ers await your thoughts and impressions like JB does a new golf package on the door step.

i'd be pumped if today was the day. i've been stalking fedex like you have been lip balm here lately. i honestly have no idea what the ETA is, but i know that it's going on 2 weeks since the outing, and my impatience is getting the better of me.

I reached out to TM again about this just this morning. I hope to have an ETA when they get to the office this morning.

I reached out to TM again about this just this morning. I hope to have an ETA when they get to the office this morning.

thanks man!

Great posts there P4B, Hanks, & OEM Kevin. Very informative and these irons seem to grow on all of you as the trial continues. I find it awesome that the length is not affecting your timing except when you try and nuke a shot. Any club or clubs that help us build a steady rhythm or tempo is the way to go. Good luck with your clubs arriving today TC! I have a feeling they should be there soon.

Two weeks from golf! Man that is exactly what I am going through but for a different reason.

Great posts there P4B, Hanks, & OEM Kevin. Very informative and these irons seem to grow on all of you as the trial continues. I find it awesome that the length is not affecting your timing except when you try and nuke a shot. Any club or clubs that help us build a steady rhythm or tempo is the way to go. Good luck with your clubs arriving today TC! I have a feeling they should be there soon.

Two weeks from golf! Man that is exactly what I am going through but for a different reason.

i have to agree with ol' gray here, so far the posts and reviews from the other testers have been great. it makes me get more and more excited to get mind. i'm not too worried about struggling with the length of the shafts to much myself. if i find them to be a bit longer, i'll simply choke up a little bit. i'd also love to know how the finish is wearing after a few range sessions? they still look good?

Yeah the finish looks great still, I've got a big week/weekend of golf coming up so I'll get some pics posted again after they get their run through. They look great still, of course I'm super OCD or whatever you call that about keeping my clubs clean after every use, but yeah so far so good!

Same here, the finish still looks great. Ive been to the range twice since being home and so far so good. Hopefully this weekend I get out to play once maybe twice.

Same here, the finish still looks great. Ive been to the range twice since being home and so far so good. Hopefully this weekend I get out to play once maybe twice.

i hope you get out there as well dude.

are you having any luck with the 3iron?

Great review guys!! I recently bought the 2009 Burner irons and I really love them. Because it was so recent, I have a chance to return them for the new 2.0 Burners. Are the new Burner 2.0 that much better than the old 2009 for me to take the time to get a upgrade? I have a dilemma and was wondering if anyone could shed light on what I need to do....Thanks

Great review guys!! I recently bought the 2009 Burner irons and I really love them. Because it was so recent, I have a chance to return them for the new 2.0 Burners. Are the new Burner 2.0 that much better than the old 2009 for me to take the time to get a upgrade? I have a dilemma and was wondering if anyone could shed light on what I need to do....Thanks

Performance wise, I am not seeing a huge difference. Distance for me is similar to that of the 09s (which is incredibly long), ball flight is slightly more penetrating, but the big difference for me is feel. They just feel different to me. Better in my opinion.

first of all, congrats on your purchase. i wish i had more to add but i will say this, imo, the 2.0's look a heck of a lot better. is that worth the difference in what you paid for the 09 burners? i don't know, but i love the dark finish and i love the look of the cavity of the 2.0's.

+1 The two tone finish really hides the wear yet somehow lets you know where you're striking the ball.

Back